VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Ok Hollywood, it now loads and it all seems to be working. I will continue to test a bit further. Thanks!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Okay folks version 2.5.16 is out, compatibility update for DCS 2.5.6 OB.

Let me know how it goes and thanks for your support :thumbup:

Hollywood

:thumbup:

Awesome quick response, thanks much!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Awsesome stuff @Hollywood_315! Will only be able to try tomorrow. Looking forward to having it work again! Then again I'll have to consider to update or not as I might roll back OB. There's quite a few broken things with 2.5.6, but maybe ED gives us a more or less fast Hot Fix as well.

Thank you for fixing this so quickly!!!

You're awasome!

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

Great work Hollywood - will give it a try later:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The on-screen comms menu still gets triggered every 4 seconds literally, on/off without doing anything. Once I turn off VA completely it disappears. Do I need to unload the plugin somehow, delete any temp data and if so, how?

Same here...update did not help for me. I timed mine at every 5 seconds up/down like clockwork.

@Drac @Der Hirte

You have a lua install problem, nothing to do with the update.

Delete export.lua from Saved Games and run a DCS Repair.

Set Custom Path on the Config tab, check your Windows UAC allows folder access and reconfirm that VA runs as admin.

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Der Hirte, Bring up the VAICOM PRO config with LCtrl+Lalt+C, select Reset, tick the Lua code box, then MASTER ZERO. Quit DCS and VoiceAttack and relaunch both.

Correct !, but I would add the following, verify that VoiceAttack runs as administrator, after the update of the Vaicom was without that privilege. (no idea why it was changed).

Now zero problems

Thanks Hollywood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

I allowed the Vaicom auto update run whilst still on DCS version 2.5.5 No longer get the Role selection screen, so impossible to select a client slot to join a mission. Worked fine before the Vaicom update. Makes no difference if Viacom is running or not. Only way out was to repair DCS. So suggests the update is NOT compatible with 2.5.5 ?

After repairing DCS 2.5.5 DCS works normally.

Starting Voiceattack/Vaicom after the repair resurrects the problem so IF ON DCS 2.5.5 do NOT allow Vaicom to auto-update until you are on 2.5.6

Edited by Silversmith

Probably not because the file path and file structure of some files are diferent.

The update appears INCOMPATIBLE with 2.5.5, do NOT apply the auto update if still on 2.5.5

If you do you will have to REPAIR DCS. (For some reason the Vaicom update suppresses the Role Selection screen in DCS so prevents you joining any mission with CLIENT slots )

@Drac @Der Hirte

You have a lua install problem, nothing to do with the update.

Delete export.lua from Saved Games and run a DCS Repair.

Set Custom Path on the Config tab, check your Windows UAC allows folder access and reconfirm that VA runs as admin.

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

That did it. Set the path and deleted the export.lua. However, I did not run the repair. Not sure why the path got deleted though.

Thanks...Drac

The update appears INCOMPATIBLE with 2.5.5, do NOT apply the auto update if still on 2.5.5

If you do you will have to REPAIR DCS. (For some reason the Vaicom update suppresses the Role Selection screen in DCS so prevents you joining any mission with CLIENT slots )

I'm on DCS ob 2.5.5 with the latest VAICOMPRO patch for 2.5.6 ob and i'm fine zero issues

Love my VAICOM PRO with VoiceAttack . .. works great. Here is my only issue.

In single player mode I hear a mic click when I give a command using a PTT button.

In multi-player there is nothing . . gives me the feeling that my commands are not being heard. They are, but would love to have the mic click.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help,

Chopper

Hollywood . . update works great, thanks.

Here is my only issue . . still trying to find a solution under SETTINGS AUDIO . .

Thanks

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

I'm on DCS ob 2.5.5 with the latest VAICOMPRO patch for 2.5.6 ob and i'm fine zero issues

Interesting. Worked for me in a single player mission where my plane was set up in Mission Editor as PLAYER, But not in either Multiplayer, or Single Player where my planes was one of several set as CLIENT. Should get the ROLE SELECTION screen at the start of a Client mission, but get nothing.

I've tried installing several times with vanilla DCS 2.5.5 (no Mods whatsoever) and the same thing happens each time.

If I reinstall the previous version of Vaicom everything works fine.

What could I be doing wrong I wonder? Perhaps if I manually install Vaicom 2.5.16 rather than allowing it to auto update it will work. I'll give it a try.

Say, I get this WE real pimple from DCS and Perepherie ..

What is the logic behind VA / Vaicom? I learned the words "TACAN" "tune" and "Stennis" especially to the dictionary of Windows speech recognition. I have also had Win10's English language training run several times. Needless to say, I switched my entire system to English.

But when I say “TACAN tune Stennis” to Jester, he understands everything from “TACAN tune tennis” to “TACAN you and stennis” to !Attention!: “Tacan urine! Stennis ". (Note the English spelling!)

I understand that VA can have some problems with my Rhenish accent. But my English and American friends have never made me aware that I should have such a blanket in my mouth when I speak.

(Please report any translating issues promptly to google!)