VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've RTFM but still cannot get DCS to respond to VAICOM PRO even with a simple 'Options' Voice Command. I've manually checked all the lua files are in the proper places, repaired DCS...not sure what else to check.

I have VoiceAttack 1.8.3 installed. Would that make a difference?

Help me Hollywood, you're my only hope!

Edited by Todd1215

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MB: B450M Pro4

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

SSD: 500GB

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB

OK disregard my plea for help. Whatever I did resolved the issue. I can now get the Options menu to come up when saying 'options'. So now I'm off the learn how to use this thing

I've gone through the 2-min fix. Actually I've completely remove Vaicom from VA and re-installed. still the same issue. I'm a paid customer like from 2 years ago, my license is valid. I have posted all images of configs I could think of. Can you please take a look at what I have

https://imgur.com/a/jL9a4gq

One question is I noticed after removing and re-installing Vaicom that the Editor has more words in it than before. Is it a requirement to go through each word in the database or do I only need to do that if I want alias words?

Edited by Todd1215
GOT IT WORKING

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MB: B450M Pro4

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

SSD: 500GB

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB

For some reason I am not able to get Manual Radio Tuning running. If I open up the Profile I am not seeing the "Radio Control" tab. If I try to import a new profile I can only find the original VAP file which has the date of my first installation of Vaicom Pro. For some reason I cannot find any new profile. All the other files, including the manual, are up to date, e.g. when the update was installed (Jan 20th in my case)...

Any pointers?

When loading VA and Viacom Pro, I get the following message: "Voice Attack version check error Unable to connect to server" What server? Everything seems to be working ok even with this message.

I did have an issue with multiplayer, but then I went into the config stuff and found the MP tab and checked use with MP. What does the display info tab do?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Some furt testing, nearly never happen in Multiplayer only SP and as said before :(

Still cant get it to work,

attachment.php?attachmentid=225746&stc=1&d=1579942194

My settings, tried different ones also.

on mission start and Arborn i push the Radio button on hotas, comm menu is showing up and vaicom is working. After some time only vaicom works but no onscreen comms open.

when i map a Key button to DCS radio button comm menu opens again but only on keyboard and not on hotas

Unbenannt.PNG.89a6d615b371e433a9ed02dc08d3e031.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've RTFM but still cannot get DCS to respond to VAICOM PRO even with a simple 'Options' Voice Command. I've manually checked all the lua files are in the proper places, repaired DCS...not sure what else to check.

I have VoiceAttack 1.8.3 installed. Would that make a difference?

Help me Hollywood, you're my only hope!

does the keyboard have a "NO" symbol in it like this?

y4mWS9BXdTL9TP-lOS_TJ8rwTWHSmUUNcd6Fqt2zdDrMa9T3xr1IR8MVTY9uFpcPv79EiyhEpL-GhCcggMHC4t3LMKVJVnEuSbvjuACjXRvkjgoEgcxhG_GMNeIVflks-ZtSALxt0FhOqEhAbuIh64NTYEBcYUL8_F6cVsh5mBe9E-WWOp8zPwU-m8Xaas0h7Dk

if so click that (so the no symbol is removed) and that will enable you to enter keyboard commands and bring up the Viacom pro menu with left ctrl + left alt + c

check the editor tab, and see if the FINISH button is highlighted, if it is press it and follow the instructions

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

For some reason I am not able to get Manual Radio Tuning running. If I open up the Profile I am not seeing the "Radio Control" tab. If I try to import a new profile I can only find the original VAP file which has the date of my first installation of Vaicom Pro. For some reason I cannot find any new profile. All the other files, including the manual, are up to date, e.g. when the update was installed (Jan 20th in my case)...

Any pointers?

Alright. Fixed it. First I tried to delete the VAP profile and then reinstall the vaicomm DLL. That didn't generate a new profile. Then I deleted everything VAICOM related and reinstalled. That did the trick. AIRIO extension not working correctly after that but I'll figure it out eventually.

Alright. Fixed it. First I tried to delete the VAP profile and then reinstall the vaicomm DLL. That didn't generate a new profile. Then I deleted everything VAICOM related and reinstalled. That did the trick. AIRIO extension not working correctly after that but I'll figure it out eventually.

What problems do you have with AIRIO ?

First of all VAICOM only starts listening on active radios. If call Jester to do something VAICOM asks for additional input although the command is recognized and complete. As I am not flying the F14 atm it's not a priority and probably I just messed something up in the options.

The new profile was in the export folder of the plugin. You only had to import the 2 commands from that.

2.5.5.41962 upgrade

hi,

just for your information

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_repair.001\Sounds\Speech\speech.lua

is changed bolded rows are added

protocolByCountry = {

[base.country.id.RUSSIA] = 'USSR',

[base.country.id.UKRAINE] = 'USSR',

[base.country.id.INSURGENTS] = 'USSR',

[base.country.id.ABKHAZIA] = 'USSR',

[base.country.id.SOUTH_OSETIA] = 'USSR',

[base.country.id.KAZAKHSTAN] = 'USSR',

[base.country.id.USSR] = 'USSR',

}

aircraftNativeCountry = {

['Ka-50'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['Su-27'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['Su-33'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['MiG-29A'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['MiG-29S'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['MiG-29G'] = base.country.id.GERMANY,

['Su-25'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['Su-25T'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['Mi-8MT'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['L-39C'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['L-39ZA'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['MiG-15bis'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['MiG-21Bis'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

['Bf-109K-4'] = base.country.id.GERMANY,

['FW-190D9'] = base.country.id.GERMANY,

['MiG-19P'] = base.country.id.RUSSIA,

}

I cannot seem to find the new manual radio tuning commands either in my new profile or export folder. So how do you get them?

got it

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have just got back to dcs after ilness and find amazing updates. I have been looking at the new voice chat for dcs and now having Easy Communication off. Does the manual explain the new stuff? Also, can I manually tune my radios for Harrier and F18? Heads spinning with all this fab new kit.

Cheers

[uPDATE]

Never mind. Figured it out (needed to add the "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller" as a second joystick in VA)

-----------------------

I have a really strange problem.

I have scripted my TMWH HOTAS to customize it for the F/A-18C, using Thrustmaster's "T.A.R.G.E.T" software. I did this some weeks ago and it's been working just fine. In the script TX1 ("MSR") isn't bound to anything and it's been working great with VAICOM PRO all the time.

I launched DCS today for the first time in a week and suddenly PTT no longer works!

Should I bind MSR (TX1) and MSD () TX2 to DX buttons after all? If so; which ones?

Edited by moggel

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

[uPDATE]

Never mind. Figured it out (needed to add the "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller" as a second joystick in VA)

-----------------------

I have a really strange problem.

I have scripted my TMWH HOTAS to customize it for the F/A-18C, using Thrustmaster's "T.A.R.G.E.T" software. I did this some weeks ago and it's been working just fine. In the script TX1 ("MSR") isn't bound to anything and it's been working great with VAICOM PRO all the time.

I launched DCS today for the first time in a week and suddenly PTT no longer works!

Should I bind MSR (TX1) and MSD () TX2 to DX buttons after all? If so; which ones?

@moggel

Without knowing the specifics of your profile can't really help figure out why your TX's or PTT's aren't working. But I am using TARGET and I've found a solution that works very well for me.

For TX's and SRS radio (same button simultaneous) I use the extended function keys since TARGET allows for that (F13-F24). And I put that on a Long Press command through target with about a 300ms delay. On the short press I put the standard DCS PTT for the same radio in case I'm not running VA for that particular session for some reason.

Come to think of it, make sure you are really careful with your TARGET programming that involves key presses, keep anything that has modifier keys (Shift, Ctrls and Alts) away from your toggles and only use them on momentary push button commands, as any other command key-press you try to use while that one is active will be altered and will either fail to activate or activate something unintended.

How do I go about removing all Vaicom Pro files to get DCS back to its original condition?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

@Hollywood

After the latest update, I'm getting errors that I haven't seen before. I went through the manual and made all the changes in the TX lines. I think I have everything setup correctly.

The error I'm getting is:

8:48:46.450 Command 'inbound' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

8:48:46.448 Recognized : 'inbound'

The word is recognized but not executed in the current session. The next odd part is that the error is not consistent. For example, on approach I called inbound. Everything worked fine. I need to go around and someone had landed in before my next approach. I called inbound again and got the error listed above. Several other examples when doing AAR or when on the carrier and trying to execute default commands. All my custom commands appear to be working.

Any thoughts or have you seen this before?

Thanks.

STGChamby

I am using the F/A-18 when this happens.

Edited by stgchamby
Added aircraft

How do I clear this error ?

vaicom-error.png' alt='vaicom-error.png'

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Guys

Since the latest update Viacom doesn't work in multiplayer and I cant open the config panel using CTRL+ALT+C a white box only opens up anyone fixed this issue before?

help would be appreciated.

I wanted to uninstall the program and do a clean install but can't find my keys, anyone know where they are kept?

Love this program but frustrated ATM

Thanks

Import F10 Menu

I have used the "Preferences", "Import F10 Menu" to generate "Action ..." command phrases in the past. Of course, I have followed the steps to "Finish" the process, so that the profile matches the database. These Action items seemed to work fine.

But this week I noticed that the group of Action commands was different: I saw a bunch of items in there that I didn't recognize and I was missing some mission-specific (F10 menu items) phrases that had been there before. So, I went into the Editor tab and deleted all the Action command phrases... and "Finished" the process so that the database was synchronized. Then, I checked the "Import F10 Menu" checkbox, opened DCS, and flew the mission I wanted to capture. After a short flight, I closed DCS and checked for the keyword command phrases (the Action... commands) in the Editor. I didn't see any Action phrases at all. The "Test" button (on the Editor tab) verified that nothing new had been added.

I went through this process a second time, with the same results... or lack of results. So I could use some advice at this point: How can I get the VAICOM PRO to gather and import the F10 menu items and have them available?

I am running the DCS Beta on Windows 10, all updated. VoiceAttack and VAICOM PRO are current versions, too.

Thanks!

Rick

I have used the "Preferences", "Import F10 Menu" to generate "Action ..." command phrases in the past. Of course, I have followed the steps to "Finish" the process, so that the profile matches the database. These Action items seemed to work fine.

But this week I noticed that the group of Action commands was different: I saw a bunch of items in there that I didn't recognize and I was missing some mission-specific (F10 menu items) phrases that had been there before. So, I went into the Editor tab and deleted all the Action command phrases... and "Finished" the process so that the database was synchronized. Then, I checked the "Import F10 Menu" checkbox, opened DCS, and flew the mission I wanted to capture. After a short flight, I closed DCS and checked for the keyword command phrases (the Action... commands) in the Editor. I didn't see any Action phrases at all. The "Test" button (on the Editor tab) verified that nothing new had been added.

I went through this process a second time, with the same results... or lack of results. So I could use some advice at this point: How can I get the VAICOM PRO to gather and import the F10 menu items and have them available?

I am running the DCS Beta on Windows 10, all updated. VoiceAttack and VAICOM PRO are current versions, too.

Thanks!

Rick

Are you using the new VSPX speech processing? That would explain why you didn't recognize the keyword collections and why it's not telling you anything is missing. Page 18 of the manual:

"In the keywords editor, you will not get feedback on your VA profile with the TEST button (this may follow in a later plugin update). When in doubt if your VA profile is up-to-date, follow the FINISH steps (see page 37). "

Looks like you are trying to create a custom command and the 'When I say' is already allocated to 'Confirm'...Choose a different 'When I say' term for the command you are creating.STGChamby

Thanks that helped !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One of my challenges is knowing what to say. Do any VR users have a reference sheet for the kneeboard that can assist with Vaicom commands ?

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]