Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues

ShaZe88

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steam does not recognize my BS2 (download) Key bought on 03.01.2014... And now I have the problem, that every module is 1.2.7 except BS2 which is therefore not playable anymore :-(

Edited by montypython76

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

You have to wait for ED to Send the Keys to Steam and then Steam has to Integrate the Active Keys into their database.

I think ED sends Steam Keys every month.. dunno specifics outside of that.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

+1

It's really kind of c0ff to answer such a post.

Well, except for the form this question was posted in, this IS a problem for all of us:

Steamgames are recognized by the number of people who buy it and by the time people play the game.

DCS fails both, because a) most people buy the game here and merely activate it on steam and b) the time is not correctly logged. Much potential lost here. And every customer makes this game stronger.

Edited by Feuerfalke
  • Like 1

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Hello. I decided to make the move over to steam today. I've had a-10c and bs2 for a long time now, purchased direct from ED.

I was able to activate the keys for those modules on steam with no problem, and they show in my dcs world install in steam under the cd keys.

However, the modules do not show in the game. Now, I've read that modules purchased from ED and activated on steam may have to wait for a monthly key dump, but my impression was that this was only for newly/recently purchased modules. Since I've owned each of these modules for at least a couple of years now, that isn't the case here, correct?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: My bad. A restart of Steam resolved the issue.

Edited by Ramjet

Hey,

yes, it would benefit DCS in general once this is fixed, no doubt !

Personally, I don't care about all those hours of flight logged or not, I judge myself by how often I die and how many kills I get, regardless of a statistic ( that I can't even manipulate myself, so much to statistics ).

I prefer to buy on Steam since it is the easiest way without leaving the house and spending gas but I prefer to run DCS as sleek as possible, and this means without Steam.

We have to show patience here as there are other, more priority things, to be fixed to keep the community happy... like game stuttering and such that severely hinder game experience.

Bit

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

If we move over to Steam does that mean you don't have to worry about running out of activations?

No. DCS on Steam uses the same activation system.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When will we be able to activate our ED bought FC3 in steam?

Same as others. Key Dump done Monthly.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Trouble in the Steam DCS World :)

So first I'm happy to fly the P-51D in DCS World :thumbup:

But I have no luck activating my A-10C on Steam that I own from the DCS shop.

It also seems that sens I got Black Shark 1 and then the upgrade to Black Shark 2

if I'm correct I have to buy it again to make it work in Steam DCS World ?

I'm also a little confused with the flaming cliffs 3, was not the FC2 that I bought supposed to

bring FC in to the DCS ?

So to sum it up it looks like I'm buying the Black Shark 3 times and Lock On/FC 4 times :pilotfly:

I don't mind paying for upgrades, like the upgrade to Black Shark 2 but having to re buy it

for Steam seams a little nutty.

And a 20$ upgrade from FC2 to FC3 sounds fair, but having to re buy the whole sim .......:doh:

Edited by ONT

FC2 is not FC3, FC3 has many improvements over FC2 and is still being improved with extras for free.

FC2 is compatible with DCS:BlackShark 1. (FC2 and DCS:BS1 old news)

FC3 is compatible with (infact it's a module of) DCS:World hence also compatible with BS2, A-10C and all the other new modules etc.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Most documents for games on steam are in the list to the right when a game is highlighted/selected in the GUI. You'll see DLC, Web page, forum in the list to the right.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I get that its annoying and should work , but since the servers dont work with steam anyway , does it really matter that the overlay doesnt work? The only benefit i could see it having is having a webpage open in it so you dont have to alt tab.

It's a tad annoying , but not that big of a deal :) Just give it some time , it will get fixed eventually.

What bothers me is the current problem with the steam keys. I love playing games trough Steam for convenience sake, but my FC3 key still wont work yet :(

Steam purchases when already have direct buy DCS sims?

Hi there, im about to buy a few modules in the steam sale but wondering how it will work with keys bought direct from DCS in past?

Does the steam key unlock the direct download module directly or do i need to download DCS world again through Steam and have 2x copy of game to play?

Thx for help.

• ED Team

you can bind the keys you get from steam to your account in dcs.

login at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

/personal

/licensing

and check the keys you have purchased and then bind them to your account

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Then Boot DCS, Log into Module Manager, and Download the newly registered modules.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You might have to briefly start the DCS World download on Steam to get the key. It doesn't seem to be possible to retrieve the key until you kick off the download (or at least I didn't see it). You can pause the Steam download right away, get the key then and paste into DCS World when asked for the activation.

Steam ?????

I went to Steam but could not find the info I wanted. I have never used Steam and would like to know....When I purchase a title from them, do I then download that title to my machine or does it reside on a server somewhere? Also when I purchase a title do I also get DCS world latest version and can I change that particular version for an older version...like 1.6 instead of 1.7.

Are all the releases of DCS on Steam the final version or are some of them still beta versions, and how can I tell??

Thanks, Lazduc :D