Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues

ShaZe88

Actually, it is the BS2 upgrade that does not work on Steam. BS1 (Black Shark) works just fine.

oops yeah.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perma banned on DCS STEAM FORUM

:(How does one discover who the DCS World Developer/moderator is for the Steam Forum?

I have tried Steam Support and ED support in attempt to find out why I was banned and to find out what part of the forum rules (posted on Steam that I had violated).

So far attempts at appeal or review have fallen on deaf ears from both parties and since the moderator is hidden there is no way to ask for forgiveness or explanation for a one time comment that resulted in not a warning but flat out perma ban..:(

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Why doesn't the game track my time played?

Why the Steam overlay is not working?

This is currently an issue with the launcher which should soon be fixed. Once the issue is resolved, the time will be tracked as long as you are not playing in "Steam Offline Mode".

Any news on when this will be fixed?

I want to thank all hands for implementing this solution.

Having upgraded to Win7 64 and reinstalling not only all my games but all the programs I use for my work, I did not look forward to the snarl of integrating my lovely Ka-50 module.

Plop-plop fizz-fizz!

thanks so much

--Dawks

Panzer Blitz => Panzer General => BF1942 => BF2 => OFP DR => WWIIOL => ArmA:OA => IL-2: BoS => DCS Ka-50

• 1 month later...

I had DCSW installed for the last week or so, and have been having fun flying with the Toad. I just bought via Steam, the A-10C. I noticed it was DLC, and from the Steam account, it wanted to install the DCSW. I didn't want it Steam to download the full 11-12GB's....

So I took a chance and downloaded the A-10C from the DCS website. Then I used the CD install key from Steam, and I was able to validate and move forward with the install/registration. It said after the install key, I have 9 validations left.

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 4 weeks later...
I know this has probably been asked before, but will the activation keys from Steam work with DCS world standalone?

It's in the Sticky on the Top of the Forums.. Merged.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I bought DCS: Black Shark 2 (download version) and tried to install it into steam following the instructions and I get an invalid key error. So am I guessing right in that Black Shark 2 doesn't work in steam unless purchased in steam? So now I have to install 2 versions of DCS?

BS2, purchased from ED, will work in Steam. However, before it can work, a key must exist in Steam's database (so it knows it is valid). ED provides Steam with database updates on a periodic basis (monthly) last I read. I don't know what the schedule is but until that update occurs, Steam will not recognize your key.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

How to fix the "DCS World does not count time in Steam"

How to fix the "DCS World does not count time in Steam"

Start by downloading Steam Achievement Manager from http://gib.me/sam/ and extract it to a folder anywhere BUT the in Steam folder and start "SAM.Picker.exe".

Then add DCS Worlds game id "223750" to the text field and then press "Add game", like this.

QA8Fi50.png

Launch the game (DCS World) through Steam and when it's launched, Alt-tab to SAM.Picker and double click the DCS World image and press "Run", and then it should start counting time for DCS like this.

h4gMzHV.png

When you're done playing, exit SAM.Picker, so it stops.

If it stops counting time when launching a mission or something similar from the menu (Launcher.exe), try Alt-tabbing when you're in-game (like when in a mission, training, multiplayer etc) and not in the menu, and it should work!

If you have any questions, post em'!

Edited by aeronautik

• 2 weeks later...
BS2, purchased from ED, will work in Steam. However, before it can work, a key must exist in Steam's database (so it knows it is valid). ED provides Steam with database updates on a periodic basis (monthly) last I read. I don't know what the schedule is but until that update occurs, Steam will not recognize your key.

Thanks, certainly wish they'd hurry up with that update

• 2 weeks later...

Steam modules on 1.2.7 Open Beta?

I'm hoping I can get some help here, as I just installed the 1.2.7 Open Beta and I got my A-10C and P-51D modules through the module manager without any problems, but I cannot install the UH-1H module because I purchased it through Steam. The download on the DCS website is the 1.2.6 version and when I tried to install that in the 1.2.7 Open Beta it told me that the version was not compatible.

So how do I get my Steam UH-1H module in the 1.2.7 Open Beta?

I'm hoping I can get some help here, as I just installed the 1.2.7 Open Beta and I got my A-10C and P-51D modules through the module manager without any problems, but I cannot install the UH-1H module because I purchased it through Steam. The download on the DCS website is the 1.2.6 version and when I tried to install that in the 1.2.7 Open Beta it told me that the version was not compatible.

So how do I get my Steam UH-1H module in the 1.2.7 Open Beta?

Use License management Page to Activate License on your ED Login,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116362

Then Log into Module Manager, and VIOLA, it will prompt you to download UH-1H

Or

<Root>/program files/eagle dynamics/DCS Open Beta/bin/

DCS_Updater.exe install UH-1H

Pretty sure using license page should work though.

Still time active games ....

The time of steam games are still not counted, and the comunity steam does not work in games!

This is idnamisible we waited 1.2.7 and still nothing!

Especially when we do a Returns to the office games unstable crash!

I vien lose any time in you, even if you do a great simulator, I am disgusted that the steam community (SHIFT + TAB), Ne is always ignored in 2014

Me and most of joeurs on steam, ON IN A BIG!

" The Steam Overlay Is Not Working / Time Played Is Not Showing

A known bug and being worked on. No ETA as yet. "

LOL

---------------------------------------

Les heurs de jeux steam ne sont toujours pas compté, et la communauté steam ne marche pas en jeux !

C'est inadmissible, on a attendu la 1.2.7 et toujours rien !

Surtout que quand on fais un Retours au bureau le jeux instable crash !

Je vien de perdre toute fois en vous, même si vous avez fais un simulateur génial, je suis dégoûté que la communauté steam ( SHIFT + TAB ) , Ne soit toujours pas pris en compte en 2014

Moi et la plupart des joueurs sur steam, ON EN A GROS !

Edited by terence44
  • Like 1

Actually a logical and expected question if you take your distribution to the mainstream global service like Steam.

You have to play by their rules and by expectations of Steam community ... and that, somehow, is not in tune with how we do things in DCS ATM ... :D

Edited by danilop