please reduce rearming time of Vulcan AAA

D4n

currently it's at 20 minutes, please reduce to 5-10 minutes.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Do you have a citation on where you found that time? Ive been around both the trailer mounted and apc mounted versions, and from what i saw of the inside of the m113, i could see a call for reload taking 20 minutes, but ive never seen the reload drill being done so i could be wrong

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

what do you mean by "a call for reload" ? No I don't have a citation, I'm just assuming that a well-trained team can reload that thing in under 10 minutes

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Depends on what you're comparing this reload time too.

In reality, as a former munitions handler, 20 minutes can be a good time. It's been over 25 years now, so my memory is far from perfect, but I seem to recall 20mm weighing in at about 100-125 pounds per can, and believe each can contained 100 rounds. Now consider the gun contains over 1000 rounds per belt. It takes time to load that stuff.

Now, if we compare the load time of a 20mm Vulcan to the rearm/refuel time of any aircraft in DCS, yeah, I would say it needs to be comparable to them. When we can fully restock an aircraft in 5 minutes or less, I agree the ground vehicles should have their rearm times reduced.

what do you mean by "a call for reload" ? No I don't have a citation, I'm just assuming that a well-trained team can reload that thing in under 10 minutes

A call for reload IRL is just that. The drum for Vulcan takes up a sizeable portion of the inside of the inside of a m113. I can't remember what the ammo storage looked like on the towed Vulcans.

I don't know the crew drill for reloading the Vulcan but based on other air defense crew drills(on patriot, reload crews are given an hour to reload a single launcher), it would include a call to the reload crew who would have to drive out to the Vulcan, drop the rear ramp on the m113 and feed a crapload of ammo into the drum. It's not a matter of simply swapping magazines

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

+1 Why not as quick as the rearming time of the Shilka?

Why should it? For some arbitrary sense of game balance?

They use completely different systems so there's no reason the reload should be the same

This is where two of the US army air defense employment guidelines come into play:

Overlapping fields of fire & mutual support

If the systems are emplaced accordingly, the 20 minute reload isn't such a big deal

System: