Momentary rotary button

lucky-hendrix

Hi guys,

I am planing the build some panel, for use in VR, and with several aircrafts.

And for this I need some multipurpose "rotary switch".

First I planned to use a rotary switch with a lot of positions, and only use the number of position the virtual switch in the aircraft has.

But then I thought I could save a lot of buttons inputs if I had some sort of rotary switch that only has three positions : center, left and right and that returns with a spring to center. I could use such a switch to simulate using a full rotary switch and cycle CW/CCW trough the virtual aircraft switch.

I've searched the common suppliers, but could not find such kind of switch, do you know if it exists, and where I can get it ?

Thanks a lot

I think an "encoder" would be better suited for that purpose. Basically it is a rotary switch that can be turned infinitely and sends a button press every time you move it a notch. It needs only CW/CCW assignment from the aircraft developer, which most aircraft have for most switches.

Sadly, this is rather neglected by Razbam and Heatblur.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro