TACAN

AMEDooley

Is anyone else having issues with TACAN? I haven't tried it in SP or in 1.5, but on NTTR in multiplayer my squadron and I are having weird TACAN problems. We didn't get a signal until 16 miles from the tanker and all the settings were set up correctly. We were all having the same problem. Also I can't turn the volume down either.

Edited by AMEDooley
Spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I've never been able to figure out how to use the TACAN aircraft to aircraft (exception being the tanker). I've read the instructional article as published by MUDSPIKE, but I'm doing something wrong.....the needle just spins. I've double checked the channel numbers (63 apart).

Article: http://www.mudspike.com/how-to-use-the-air-to-air-tacan-in-dcs-a-10c/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Regarding the original problem, seeing that as well. Once a station is tuned and the code checked and identified, it can take up to a minute until the HSI shows distance and heading. IIRC the latest update for 2.0 (bringing the Viggen to Nevada) still didn't address the issue.

the needle just spins. I've double checked the channel numbers (63 apart).

When the needle spins while doing TACAN yardstick, the system works perfectly fine, because you'll only get range information. ;)

The article mentions it as well. Bearing information requires a rather big and heavy setup. Some tankers have that for A/A TACAN, but aircraft like the A-10 don't, hence A-10s doing TACAN yardstick can only get distance to each other.

If the distance doesn't show up on the HSI in TACAN mode, you might be seeing the same problem that was discussed by the OP. The other day my lead made me double- and triple-check TACAN until we finally got a proper distance readout (at 1 NM, well within range ;)).

Anyway, if you still have problems, let's meet up at Aerobatics Online or so, just shoot me a PM. :thumbup:

Thanks, Yurgon. I'll give it another look. I may have been so focused on the needle that I didn't notice if I was getting range or not. I should have picked that up from the article.

Nice to hear from you again. Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 2 months later...
I can't change the frequency value with my mouse scroll wheel since the previous update. I can change the tens value but not the single number value. It from 0 to 1 and then back to 0 again. Have to use keypad instead.

I cannot dial in any TACAN channel, nor use any control from the TACAN panel. I can not turn TACAN on at all. The only control showing any fucntion is the TEST Button on the TACAN panel. When I press the TACAN Test Button, my left generator flip switch goes to OFF. :doh:

What is wrong here?!

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

• 1 month later...

TACAN still takes its sweet time to show on the HSI after a channel is tuned in, and the volume control on the TACAN panel has been broken for ages, but other than that it works perfectly fine for me and the guys I fly with on MP.

• 7 months later...