My CMSP panel

flashtom

Excellent work there Tom. :thumbup: All you need now is the face plate and you are good to go.

Did you have any issues with the display updating itself in the simulator? What baud rate did you use...250,000?

DCS-BIOS sure makes this stuff easy to do now. Keep posting pictures as you progress Tom. I love seeing other builds and all the various techniques that people use to create panels and instruments.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Looks very nice. Are you considering building a CMSC panel?

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Excellent work there Tom. :thumbup: All you need now is the face plate and you are good to go.

Did you have any issues with the display updating itself in the simulator? What baud rate did you use...250,000?

DCS-BIOS sure makes this stuff easy to do now. Keep posting pictures as you progress Tom. I love seeing other builds and all the various techniques that people use to create panels and instruments.

Hi, Warhog

thanks for suppportting my cockpit project.

i use a default baud rate as 500,000.

Edited by flashtom

Looks very nice. Are you considering building a CMSC panel?

Yes, i will do this panel next.

i had brought 3 0801 LCD for display, i think it will easy than CMSP.

because it's less button ( or input ) than CMSP.

:smilewink:

Hi, Warhog

thanks for supportting my cockpit project.

i use a default baud rate as 500,000.

Hi Tom

You are most welcome. Its important that we help each other even it it just moral support. So keep on going. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.:)

Tom, it might be wise to back off the baud rate to 250,000 as we have had issues when you run it faster than that. When the next release of DCS-BIOS comes out it will set the baud rate to 250,000 as the default in the template sketch.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

Although the question isn't intended for me I dare to answer that it's a 2x20 LCD display that can be bought easily and for a price as low as 5 USD

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Although the question isn't intended for me I dare to answer that it's a 2x20 LCD display that can be bought easily and for a price as low as 5 USD

Yes it sure does. BuyDisplay.com I think. Thats where mine came from and it wasn't that expensive considering how hard it is to find a display 20 characters long. There are tons of 2x16 character displays but the 2x20 is not very common at all. It also takes some creative mounting to get everything in place within the dimensions of the panel if your really anal about that kind of thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-20x2-Character-LCD-Module-Display-w-HD44780-Controller-Bezel-White-Backlit-/291020230914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c2285102

I haven't been able to source them at $5.00 though. I think mine was just shy of $10.00 but I also wanted white lettering and a dark background so I could add the green acrylic bezel over top of the display to get the green display as seen in the cockpit.:)

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

Good idea - white on black with green lens cover.

It looks like the referenced 2x20 LCD is 116mm long. The reference I have for the EW window is more like 85mm - so that would be a tough fit. Although my reference number for the window is probably off.

Hi Tom

You are most welcome. Its important that we help each other even it it just moral support. So keep on going. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.:)

Tom, it might be wise to back off the baud rate to 250,000 as we have had issues when you run it faster than that. When the next release of DCS-BIOS comes out it will set the baud rate to 250,000 as the default in the template sketch.

Thnaks Warhog.

BTW, i had been make a CDU display device, use a piece 320 * 240 LED and Arduino UNO R3.

it works, but efficiency was a bit low ~~ the data form DCS can not shown in LED immediately, there is some delay, does it matter on baud rate?

Thnaks Warhog.

BTW, i had been make a CDU display device, use a piece 320 * 240 LED and Arduino UNO R3.

it works, but efficiency was a bit low ~~ the data form DCS can not shown in LED immediately, there is some delay, does it matter on baud rate?

If the delay is caused by missed incoming data, the next version of the Arduino library (coming soon, but probably not for the next two months) may improve things here with interrupt-based communication.

For now, you can try to vastly increase the default 64-byte serial receive buffer by editing the Arduino core files (Google should find a howto).

Ian;2442772']If the delay is caused by missed incoming data, the next version of the Arduino library (coming soon, but probably not for the next two months) may improve things here with interrupt-based communication.

For now, you can try to vastly increase the default 64-byte serial receive buffer by editing the Arduino core files (Google should find a howto).

i will try it at once :)

btw, i am looking forward next version for DCS-BIOS.

Thanks for your work on DCS.

Ian;2442772']If the delay is caused by missed incoming data, the next version of the Arduino library (coming soon, but probably not for the next two months) may improve things here with interrupt-based communication.

Hi,Ian

I found the lastest Arduino IDE version had been updated the serial.

I dont know if i get wrong information on Google.:(

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys

Very nice work, you just got me into arduino :)

Ive made panels before with the gp-wiz40 for the A10 but switches and buttons only.

So ill take babysteps and will beginn with the csmc panel. This time no wood or premade Plastic-panels- i try to 3D print everythinghow many arduinos do i need for the 3 displays, 3 LED and the 5 switches as im leaving the brt and audio potis/knobs away.

Thank you all for helping in any way

Greetings

Evilfisher