Real flight dynamics during the take off.

59th_Reaper

I've a question for the developers. Can you fix the take off dynamics? My father also flew with MiG-15bis/UTI in the past, and he said the same, like you can see in this video:

During the take off, you need to push the stick forward (because at low speed the plane already want to pitch up) and after rotate you need to climb gently and increase the speed first. Pls fix it, because this module is one of the best, except this thing...

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't see anything unusual during takeoff. On many jets you apply forward stick during the takeoff run to ensure better directional control.

Note that he comes back with the stick well below rotation speed and the attitude doesn't change.

He does apply aft stick to get the rotation going.

Just leave the stick neutral in DCS and nothing will happen. Let's see this video (from 1:40):

Btw what i said, my father flew ~600 hours with this type, so forgive me if I rather believe him... ;)

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to pimp my own thread in yours but if you get a chance could you ask him about the rudder?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3339781&postcount=1

I asked him, and he said they usually used 600-800km/h on this type for everything like aerobatic, dogfight, etc. and only few times flew with higher speed. He didn't feel so significant difference on the controls, when the speed was higher. Only the aileron has hydraulic booster, so you need greater effort with the elevator and rudder on higher speed. He also flew with the early version of MiG-15 (with RD-45/Nene engine) which did not exist hydraulic booster.

• Like 1

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That forward stick at low speed is just to keep the nose wheel firmly planted until the rudder gets enough airflow to be effective.

Lots of swept wing aircraft require forward stick after unstick and liftoff to stop the pitch up. That may be what the OP is referring to.

The second film would happen to any aircraft that is obviously not being controlled during takeoff. Excessive AOA at liftoff and it immediately stalled and rolled.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg