Some missions can't be loaded in 2.5

ralgha

After playing missions 1-6 in DCS 2.5 before running into a brick wall trying to load mission 7, I tested loading all of the Museum Relic missions and found that the following ones don't currently work:

• MR campaign 7
  • MR campaign 9
  • MR campaign 15
  • F86 MR campaign 8-2
  • F86 MR campaign 9
  • F86 MR campaign 11

DCS displays an error message when attempting to load these missions: "Need modules for load mission: F-4E by Belsimtek"

I confirmed that this problem exists in all versions of DCS 2.5 released to the public so far:

02-09-2018   2.5.0.14138   2.5.x Unified Version Hotfix #2
02-06-2018   2.5.0.14044   2.5.x Unified Version Hotfix #1
01-31-2018   2.5.0.13818   2.5.x Unified Version Launch

I hope this will be fixed soon. Missions 1-6 were very impressive in 2.5 in VR. Big step up from 1.5!

I discovered that we can actually fix and run these missions ourselves. Here's the workaround that worked for me:

• Go to your DCS installation folder, then open Mods\campaigns\The Museum Relic
  • Unzip the bad .miz file to a new folder (using e.g. 7-Zip - .miz files are really just .zip files)
  • Open the file called "mission" with a compatible text editor (e.g. Notepad++ or Notepad2)
  • Remove the line from the requiredModules section at the beginning that references "F-4E by Belsimtek"
  • Search and replace all occurrences of "F-4E_new" with "F-4E"
  • Save the file and exit
  • Re-zip the contents of the folder
  • Rename your new .zip file to .miz, give it some name different from the original, and put it in the same folder as the original
  • Launch DCS and choose "Mission" from the main menu
  • Browse to the folder with the campaign missions, pick your fixed mission file, and fly it!
  • (Optional) Doctor your logbook.lua file as described here if you want to continue to use the campaign feature. Personally I think I'm just going to run each mission manually from now on, as this campaign appears to be 100% linear (thankfully).

• Like 1

Wow, well that's one way to take care of that issue!

@ Takacsi, Unfortunately we'll have to wait for ED on an official fix. I can't really go into the campaign and swap out each F-4 for something else. I chose the F-4 because of their specific aircraft performance, and if I selected a substitute platform, I would have alter the missions, and then test them, to make sure the A.I. of that aircraft would behave in such a way that it wouldn't derail the mission.

Given that 2.5 is still in a Beta operation, this sort of issue should not be too big of a surprise. Regardless though, I do hope that it gets fixed soon, and apologize that it has put a damper on the campaign.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546