2.1 update

Coxy_99

Thanks guys.

Well, I don't understand, I checked again the start procedure, nothing is missing. I'm not using simplified controls, the FFB is not used (but then it would just be ignored by my joystick right?). I have even re-installed the module, erased and re-programmed the controls to make sure.

I'll just report this as a bug.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

...., the FFB is not used (but then it would just be ignored by my joystick right?)

No, if FBB is ticked and you are using a non-FBB stick then it screws with stuff making the Gazelle uncontrollable. :(

Good luck in getting it sorted .... :thumbup:

SIGBLOCK.png

No, if FBB is ticked and you are using a non-FBB stick then it screws with stuff making the Gazelle uncontrollable. :(

Good luck in getting it sorted .... :thumbup:

You were right! First I thought you meant the FFB settings in the SPECIAL settings of the SA-342. But after you last comment I checked the MISC and sure enough, this settings was back (I'm pretty sure I had unchecked this before). This was a vicious one.

Now it's fine, thanks a lot! :thumbup:

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

My trimmer button causes extreme pitch up ....anyone else have this problem?,,,,grrrr!

Well, check the few posts above, perhaps you have the same problem I had by leaving the FFB setting? Because of that, when I was using the trim, I had a sudden and large pitch down or up.

My trimmer button causes extreme pitch up ....anyone else have this problem?,,,,grrrr!

No not with the trimmer I don't use trim, however for so called level flight I might as well rename the Gazelle to the Porpoise!

Don't get me wrong IGE, OGE manoeuvring and in general just throwing the Gazelle around the latest updates are FREAKING AWESOME! :thumbup:

However I can't get the Gazelle to fly level it's just a train wreck of nose up nose down nose up nose down....

Now I used to be able to nail this fairly easily and indeed still can for the Huey and Mi8

Anyone have any suggestions? :helpsmilie:

And yes Options->Misc->FFB is unchecked. (Although it really doesn't seem to make any difference.)

Options->special->342 there is no FFB option just 2 sliders?? I have uninstalled reinstalled blown away saved games.

FWIW It's the same in 1.5.7 and 2.1.1 latest versions.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I think, I noticed this as well. To me it seems to be related to the autopilot. The autopilot tries to keep the helo's attitude to the last trimmed attitude - which is zero bank and zero pitch when the helo is just been fired up. So every maneuvering is fighting the AP and that is why the helo does not really like to keep a banking angle in turns and pitch angles when accellerating/decellerating.

I think, I noticed this as well. To me it seems to be related to the autopilot. The autopilot tries to keep the helo's attitude to the last trimmed attitude - which is zero bank and zero pitch when the helo is just been fired up. So every maneuvering is fighting the AP and that is why the helo does not really like to keep a banking angle in turns and pitch angles when accellerating/decellerating.

Perhaps. Although I get this with AP and Trim on or off and I usually fly with trim off and AP off. Having AP off and trim off should negate the effect of trim and autopilot?

To me it seems like there is a dead spot in the Y channel or maybe the lsb is not used or something. Such that nothing happens with a bit of forward or aft cyclic and then with a tad more Y input the aircraft seems to over react I kinda expect a much finer response to cyclic input. Roll on the other hand feels okay and seems to have a fairly constant response to input.

I don't notice this when in close to or near the ground and other stuff, generally having fun the situation changes constantly and so to cyclic input although when doing so I don't normally need to use a lot of cyclic input, well mostly. :D

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Perhaps. Although I get this with AP and Trim on or off and I usually fly with trim off and AP off. Having AP off and trim off should negate the effect of trim and autopilot?

To me it seems like there is a dead spot in the Y channel or maybe the lsb is not used or something. Such that nothing happens with a bit of forward or aft cyclic and then with a tad more Y input the aircraft seems to over react I kinda expect a much finer response to cyclic input. Roll on the other hand feels okay and seems to have a fairly constant response to input.

I don't notice this when in close to or near the ground and other stuff, generally having fun the situation changes constantly and so to cyclic input although when doing so I don't normally need to use a lot of cyclic input, well mostly. :D

I don't really understand how the AP, trim and the gyros are supposed to interact with each other, but it was mentioned elsewhere a few times already: to disable all interferences of the AP, you have to turn off the gyros as well. That at least eliminates the helo's tendency to assume a 0 pitch attitude for me. But has other effects as well - as twitchy as she is then ... be carefull to no perform a complete forwar roll when you just try to assume a slight nose-down attitude ... :-D

I don't really understand how the AP, trim and the gyros are supposed to interact with each other, but it was mentioned elsewhere a few times already: to disable all interferences of the AP, you have to turn off the gyros as well. That at least eliminates the helo's tendency to assume a 0 pitch attitude for me. But has other effects as well - as twitchy as she is then ... be carefull to no perform a complete forwar roll when you just try to assume a slight nose-down attitude ... :-D

Yes I have tried with gyro off or on doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference for the Y channel at level flight for me. On the other hand I don't consider the new Gazelle Fm to be twitchy compared to the older FM but still very responsive. :D

But I know what you mean.:thumbup:

Just to clarify I'm not saying this is specifically a fault of the Gazelle just an observation, it may be the limitation of my controls (or my ability) and the prior FM masked this somehow.

However I can't get the Gazelle to fly level it's just a train wreck of nose up nose down nose up nose down....

Now I used to be able to nail this fairly easily and indeed still can for the Huey and Mi8

Anyone have any suggestions? :helpsmilie:

And yes Options->Misc->FFB is unchecked. (Although it really doesn't seem to make any difference.)

Options->special->342 there is no FFB option just 2 sliders?? I have uninstalled reinstalled blown away saved games.

FWIW It's the same in 1.5.7 and 2.1.1 latest versions.

It's strange, it's what I had with the FFB on (and like you, I don't see why it's not in the Special/S342 page either, given the impact on the controls...). Perhaps it was just coincidence it disappeared, I'm not sure but others also had control problems with FFB on.

See also this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3282468&postcount=3 (but you did disable it so... it's just the "no difference" part that is curious, could the setting be overriden somehow?)

It's a long shot, but you could post a track in the bug section, I'm not sure it would display the control positions in the bottom corner if you enabled that when "recording". I'm not even sure the track file contains control inputs or only the aircraft movements - my guess would be the control inputs seeing how replaying those track files fails sometimes, on beta versions or when the FM changes? If that is the case, it means someone else could play it back and check whether they see the same behaviour as you?

I never had a reply from Polychop though, I'm not sure they're very active in the forums. But if you post a track I'll run it on my system to compare if you want. Just tell exactly when to look for a pitch up or something wrong.

EDIT: The track idea works! I've recorded a small flight in which I'm trimming the Gazelle to fly low and level under power lines, then trim up a bit when the terrain climbs. Playing it back is fine, playing it back with FFB on is completely different, it mostly just spins around above the apron :D

So you could try and record a track file :)

SA342.trim.trk

Edited by Redglyph

Regarding various FFB checkboxes. DCS has a history where after an update some settings had to be changed, saved, restart DCSW and finally change back the particular settings (with maybe a second restart necessary) to make it work as intended again. Maybe the case with the FFB checkboxes?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Err, I have no idea what I'm supposed to see? To me it seems pretty much level but the autopilot is off. Did you use the trim?

As I said before, please indicate what is wrong and when ;)

• 2 weeks later...
?

Oh, ok. Of course I have FFB enabled - as I am using a FFB Stick (G940).

And after further investigation: not only the roll axis is affected, but pitch as well. I trim while nose is pitched down, the AP violently pulls the nose up. I trim when nose pitched up, AP drives the helo into the ground.

edit: ignore this posting - was a user error.

I have the same issue. Trimming is spot on in 1.5, but in 2.1 it pitches up so this is something that is known? What is the fix?

I have the same issue. Trimming is spot on in 1.5, but in 2.1 it pitches up so this is something that is known? What is the fix?

Do you mean the solution given above didn't work?

Damn it no,.. me thinks I need better user input devices. Not ruling anything in or out but in general input resolution seems lower??

:D

Damn it no,.. me thinks I need better user input devices. Not ruling anything in or out but in general input resolution seems lower??

:D

Hall sensors is what you need ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Hall sensors is what you need ;)

Yeah looks like more experimenting and more learning curves.:thumbup:

• 4 years later...

Problem with trimmers on SA342 Gazelle Good time of day, I have a problem with trimmers for rppu in Russian, for some reason it does not work, although the buttons are assigned, I tried nothing through the keyboard either.  And the pedal trim works.  Probyval on autostart and hot start.  I have a warthog joystick.