VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I downloaded the useful kneeboard for Viacom. Do I copy the images to the named plane kneeboard?

Cheers

Yes in your saved games directory should be a kneeboard folder per aircraft. Copy them there and you should be able to access them with right shift + k.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks for the info sze5003. Is this the same for 1.5.8, as i havent downloaded 2.5 yet.

Cheers

Yes its the same,

If you put the files not under an airplane... but just in the folder of kneeboard,

than every plane have acces to the pages,

If you put the pages in the map of the plane, only that plane have acces to the pages.

Like on the foto :)7ad1c07527a9613fad2170372feeac49.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention / vaicompro 2.5

Thanks for the info sze5003. Is this the same for 1.5.8, as i havent downloaded 2.5 yet.

Cheers

Yup it's the same as in 1.5.8 nothing changes in the user saved games section. Just put it in the general folder so that every jet has them available.

I have yet to download the kneeboard.

Also is there a way to add jtacs to vaicom that are not in the reference section of the manual?

I notice even if I add an alias and am on the right frequency the player still calls the previous jtac I was using if that jtac is not in the built in Viacom reference tables.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Just been testing, and some words were not recognised. Airborne, Request Taxi. I then enabled the Extended Command Set and still a few did nothing like Open and Close Canopy, Request Refueling, Air Supply and a few more.

Any ideas or pointers would be great. Im thinking that maybe some other things need to be implemented, like a fueling tanker or the tanks empty so that the crew will answer?

Just getting a little bogged down.

Cheers

Just been testing, and some words were not recognised. Airborne, Request Taxi. I then enabled the Extended Command Set and still a few did nothing like Open and Close Canopy, Request Refueling, Air Supply and a few more.

Any ideas or pointers would be great. Im thinking that maybe some other things need to be implemented, like a fueling tanker or the tanks empty so that the crew will answer?

Just getting a little bogged down.

Cheers

If those flights are not in the area you wont hear from them. You can use the interrogate command and say the callsign of the unit, then say interrogate. If they are around you hear a small beep.

Also helps to use training mode to make windows understand you better. I did the windows speech training under the speech settings in control panel and now it is much better.

Also, request taxi is not a keyword that it will understand. You have to say request taxi to runway. One thing I do is say the callsign of the unit I want or airport, then I say select, you hear a small beep. Then you can proceed with other commands.

Check the guide reference table at the end of the manual for the keywords Viacom understands.

I have used the speech recognition many times and is very accurate to date. The crazy thing is that voiceattack and viacom recognise the words but tell me they are not recognised within the program. I printed out the commands and have tested the ones I want to use for no. I went through all of them and checked the ones that work. Now I have something to go on.

I will check the interrogate command and do some more testing. Many thanks for your help.

I have used the speech recognition many times and is very accurate to date. The crazy thing is that voiceattack and viacom recognise the words but tell me they are not recognised within the program. I printed out the commands and have tested the ones I want to use for no. I went through all of them and checked the ones that work. Now I have something to go on.

I will check the interrogate command and do some more testing. Many thanks for your help.

Double check your push to talk mappings. Also open Viacom configuration window with left ctrl + alt + c.

Under the PTT tab hit refresh while mid flight to see if the program picks up the aircraft you're flying.

I had a similar issues and I had to go to my control settings and remap my joystick keys even though it said they were mapped.

Also, you can reset the Viacom keywords table on the configuration panel under the reset tab.

I've recently purchased VAICOMPRO and VA will not recognise anything I say. I have installed everything as best I can according to the manual, and activated my license. I have done Windows voice training 3 times. When reading the training sentences it seems to recognise me as it continues to the next sentence often enough that it seems like it is understanding me.

But when I try to say something in VA to see if it works (PTT on joystick), half the time it doesn't seem to respond, and the other times it has no idea what I just said. For example I said "Request takeoff" and it thought I said "Gloucester docks"...

4duIWSw

I'm using VA/VAICOM with a Vive. Do you have any suggestions for what to try next?

Thankyou.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Thankyou Hollywood for a GREAT addition to DCS. just a quick note i don't know if this is a bug but going through the startup on the K50,

grew chief works fine until i ask for "chief, request fuel." i get the reply and i hear the fuel. but instead of filling he emptys my fuel tanks . i realise if i do it the old way with keys i have to set fuel percentage ..Now is there a way i can say " Chief, Request fuel, 50%" or 80% etc.

once again thank you.

@SneakyBastd I figure you went through Windows' standard recognition training: you'll need to take the plugin keywords training as well.

Look in the User Manual for details on Training Mode, PM me if more help needed.

@Havoc65 A few commands are not fully implemented yet by ED atm.

I'll run some more checks on the Request Refuel command to see if there are any missing parameters.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@SneakyBastd I figure you went through Windows' standard recognition training: you'll need to take the plugin keywords training as well.

Look in the User Manual for details on Training Mode, PM me if more help needed.

Want to comment to reiterate this, this is a super important step that I believe everyone should invest their time in to. The improvement is substantial (at least it was for me and the others I've discussed this with). Take the time to add the words you can get recognized manually to your Windows Speech Rec dictionary.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

UPDATE: Found a fix for the Request Refuel command. Once it's gone through testing there will be an updated plugin dll for download from the website. Grtz

EDIT: patched version is now available for download: https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi,

I'm having lots of trouble issuing attack orders with the Su25T. The plugin is recognizing my orders but seems to ignore them. I use debug mode and I get this all the time:

21:00:04 - Specific recipient called, instant select mode = True

21:00:04 - command : groundtarget

21:00:04 - Captured sentence: group

21:00:04 - Recognized : 'group' (Confidence 93)

21:00:02 - (awaiting additional input)

21:00:02 - cue : engage

21:00:02 - Captured sentence: attack

21:00:02 - Recognized : 'attack' (Confidence 95)

21:00:00 - (awaiting additional input)

21:00:00 - recipient : wingman2

Or...

21:04:52 - Specific recipient called, instant select mode = True

21:04:52 - command : groundtarget

21:04:52 - Captured sentence: group

21:04:52 - Recognized : 'group' (Confidence 82)

21:04:50 - (awaiting additional input)

21:04:50 - cue : engage

21:04:50 - Captured sentence: engage

21:04:50 - Recognized : 'engage' (Confidence 91)

21:04:48 - (awaiting additional input)

21:04:48 - recipient : flight

21:04:48 - Captured sentence: flight

21:04:48 - Recognized : 'flight' (Confidence 95)

But then nothing happens. Before this I had issues sometimes where I got a message saying something like "awaiting additional input".

Any ideas?

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Ok, I guess I'll have to. Sounds tedious, but thanks for responding. :)

I find it strange though. When I used VA with Anna for Star Citizen a couple years ago, I just did voice training twice, and the script worked damn near 100% of the time. That was on an old pc I have since replaced. Still, I don't know why it thinks I'm speaking Yiddish now.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

I just reset my mic levels to default, 100% and dB set to zero.

Now all the words and phrases I had trouble with work just fine.

Nice job Hollywood, srly!

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Hi Hollywood,

I just recently acquired VAICOM Pro* so that I can integrate its features into my TARGET profile (see my signature). To this end, I have a question: for aircraft with one radio or one comm button and a radio selector (e.g. UH-1, Ka-50) and simple comms disabled, does TX4 automatically take care of the comms for the selected radio, or do I need to use TX1? If I need to use TX1, what are the chances you could add that intelligent ability to TX4?

I ask this because for people who use something like Teamspeak on a separate button (but have them combined for single comm aircraft), this would be very useful.

* Special thanks to Rangoon for hooking me up with the license.

@Cuervo, Sneaky PM sent

@Skunk Cheers mate :thumbup:

@Home Fries For single-key PTT aircraft / helos you simply select which TX node you want to use with the dropdown on the lower right of the PTT config page.

Optionally you can use 'Operate Dial' to have VAICOM PRO select the correct radio automatically.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Tried going thru the install and configuration process so I could use Vaicom. What a PITA! Since I dont use verbal commands that much (to keep it "real") , I decided just to stick with Voice Attack which Ive been using for a while ;)

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

@Home Fries For single-key PTT aircraft / helos you simply select which TX node you want to use with the dropdown on the lower right of the PTT config page.

Optionally you can use 'Operate Dial' to have VAICOM PRO select the correct radio automatically.

Thanks. Knew this was for a "common PTT" configuration, but didn't know if it worked by default. :thumbup: