So DCS 1.5 ends at 1.5.8.1283.414?

pauldy

Just verifying..

if this is the case.. can i somehow rollback to 1.5.7 or earlier?

There are things here in 1.5.8 that I do not like.. or shall we say.. problems left unresolved.. (e.g. Weird Afterburner flames, Missing Distance counter in F-15, weird overcast clouds, etc, etc...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't rollback.. So I guess all the other 1.5 builds were taken off the servers or something?

I'm aiming for 1.5.6 since that was the build before much of the things in 1.5 got broken...

FIQcZ9C.jpg

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I managed to correct it somehow.. but yeah..

It's still downloading even though the download size has exceeded the stated files size.. Did I do something wrong again?

*still downloading at the time i made this post...*

D7mIRVF.jpg

EDIT:

Great... now I wasted 4 freaking hours trying to rollback.

..guess I 'll just have to live with this broken 1.5.8.13716...... btw I'm trying to rollback to 1.5.6.5199...

I'm tired now and will just call it a day....... I give up...

Thanks

aYH6jaj.jpg

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm downloading 1.5.6.5199 right now via SkateZilla Updater Utility. The downoload seems to be working at least, will update once everything is installed.

Update: same error as above, the download stalls and quits after some time.

Edited by Katmandu

I din knew there was some kind of updater utility.

I guess i should try that sometime.

But yeah so i guess we can rollback to specific versions then? ..and yes .. that would be unfortunate if we cant roll back to anything older than 1.5.7.... There' s so many annoying bugs here in 1.5.8...

I cant even fly in overcast due to that weird annoying flicker.. cant fly at certain hours of a given night because of weird white clouds.. weird shadows during night time with quarter to full moon... the need to use at least 2 missiles to shoot down a fighter size target...

...and the HSI distance readout in my Eagle is gone etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This DCS specific app is fantastic, just copy to any folder outside of your DCS isntalls and use the app GUI to point it to your installs. Then press "advanced">update and type in the version number that you want to update to. Not that it helps if ED servers are offline, but it's a good app nonetheless.

Dowload here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

As for the legacy versions, my motivation to try lower 1.5 versions was hope for better fps. I am getting 90fps in 2.5 and 22fps(!) in 1.5.8. (all max settings apart from bokeh "off", the same mission).

Edited by Katmandu

Alaaaarm! The 1.5.6 servers are up!

56277ee12df4d05724c268bee3250289.jpg

I've already downloaded, it works, will test it more in the next few days. Also want to test Starway Textures with it as allegedly 1.5.8 had problems with blank TGP on Starways' map.

Also, while bwosing logs of previous versions I've stumbled onto this https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3365690&postcount=63

F15 HSI was aparently fixed in 1.5.8 version 2

Edited by Katmandu

Still sub 30fps for me in 1.5.6 :( So no change from 1.5.8.

Sorry I'm a poorfag who can't upgrade to 2.5...

I don't get it, you say that, but, like I say, I get 90fps in 2.5 vs 20+fps in 1.5x... Surely that means that 2.5 is better optimised? Or is there something wrong with my install?

Here are the pics with FPS counter, same mission "Justice" with the same plane over the same coast. All the settings set to max (apart from bokeh) so also the same.

Screen_180225_104546.jpg

Screen_180225_105209.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I will try it this weekend

==

Do you have v sync enabled?.. i enabled mine so my fps in 1.5 is usually 60..

I have the latest 1.5.8.. my Eagle's HSI distance readout is still not working...

And well.. my PC's specs is not good enough for 2.5 that's why... centered around an i5, GTX760 OC... and old style 500GB HDD

Cant upgrade to 1080 or something similar since my board and cpu box is small...it will just prolly have lots of conflicts with the motherboard...

.. might as well buy a new Computer all together

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Civ traffic was the culprit, it eats 20-50(!!!) fps in 1.5. I've set it on low and fps has doubled.

TGP is working well in Starway's mod, and overall I would say that Starway mod is looking better than 2.5, despite still being far more resource hungry than the latter. I think its the combination of smaller trees, better towns and well functioning AA. So its 1.5 on the monitor and 2.5 in VR for me :)

Edited by Katmandu

yeah I have to agree 1.5.6 was my favourite version, so many bugs were added in subsequent versions

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests