AH-1 not in scope anymore ...? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #11
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

There have been a lot of complaints lately about them not completing existing modules, which there are many! I have no heartburn either way on the decision to delay Cobra and Phantom. The F-16 and F-18 are keeping me plenty busy when I have the time. Coupled with the release of new systems and weapons I have my plate full already. Also I guess with reallocating some staff to help with updates to the core game itself it helps me in supporting the decisions. Keep enjoying what we have already my friends and appreciate the added transparency they are giving us with the development reports also.
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Last edited by Raven68; 10-21-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #12
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
There have been a lot of complaints lately about them not completing existing modules, which there are many! I have not heartburn either way on the decision to delay Cobra and Phantom. The F-16 and F-18 are keeping me plenty busy when I have the time. Coupled with the release of new systems and weapons I have my plate full already. Also I guess with reallocating some staff to help with updates to the core game itself it helps me in supporting the decisions. Keep enjoying what we have already my friends and appreciate the added transparency they are giving us with the development reports also.
Same here.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #13
Dun_Aenghus

Agreed. Seems like ED have enough work on their hands already, would rather they work on the Mi24 and then return to something as complex as the F-4E as soon as that's done. This actually seems to be exactly what the majority of the community wants. Actually on another note, I was surprised nobody at Mudspike asked Wags about the new free map that's in development - hopefully we'll still hear something about it this year.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #14
FragBum

Mind you they haven't said no AH-1,..

I'm guessing there is a lot of work going on both with the DCS engine and for modules both past, present and future.

When/if multi crew gets into the Mi-24 (As slated for UH-1) then that may well be a bonus for a future AH-1.

This has always caught my attention,.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #15
Knock-Knock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Hello,

While we hope to simulate the Cobra someday (as well as the F-4E), it's not on our immediate production plan.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #16
SgtPappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakeagle View Post
This is extremely disappointing news to me. Belsimtek not only had the best initial releases, but were almost the sole producers of the modules that I really wanted most: the UH-1, the F-86/MiG-15, F-5E, and F-15C FM upgrade. I also loved the matched pairs approach: UH-1/Mi-8, F-86/MiG-15, AH-1/Mi-24. The F-5E is almost the perfect balanced opponent for the MiG-21bis while the F-4E would be the historically correct opponent.

The F-4E and AH-1 were projects I was really looking forward to vice the umpteenth implementation of the F-16 and F-18 in PC combat flight sims. I understood that the F-4E and AH-1 got bumped down because of the F-16 and F-18... now they are bumped down because of the P-47 and Mosquito?

I was expecting an announcement about F-4E progress in a year or two... now it sounds more like it is at least 4 or 5 years away if it ever gets done at all. It figures the one aircraft I wanted more than any other that had already been showcased as "in progress" is now effectively cancelled until further notice.

I hope Heatblur picks up a Navy F-4 variant before ED gets to the F-4E. They already have decent AI for a two-seat carrier-based all-weather fighter. An F-4B/N or F-4J/S would be just as good to me as an F-4E.

The only bright side of this news is that I can put off work on building a USB F-4E throttle for my simpit. I already have the handles mounted on an axis, but I need to mount it to the console, restrict the angular movement to the correct range, and somehow implement the idle and afterburner detents.
I'm with you on this one. I am also extremely disappointed. The reason I got into jet combat at all was the F-4. I don't run this business though, so it's not my call obviously but it's still pretty sad.
SgtPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #17
Winterz

What a joke

Lose sight / Lose fight
Winterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #18
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterz View Post
What a joke
How so? ED makes a business decision on what they see as the higher priority and it's a joke? Apparently they're doing something right because they're still around and growing stronger in their continued development of DCSW. Don't take this as fanboy talk, but look at the proof of what they have delivered to us so far. It all takes time and we simply can't have it our way all the time.
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #19
CajunJosh

Sad to hear about he AH-1 but appreciate the transparency.
CajunJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:10 PM   #20
Renko

Sad to hear that, we need more love to the helicopters. And with the Hind coming next year (finger crossed) the Cobra could have been a good balanced

Appreciate the new transparency policy though
Renko is offline   Reply With Quote