VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #101
Driskill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMVI_Rider View Post
I just tried with Kasperky VirusDesk (passing all the files contained in the installation) and it reports that no issues were found.
This report may came from the heuristic engine of the AV, if you send me a screenshot of the AV message I can try to look deeper.
As Gruman suggested you can add VRK to the ignore list and just use it.

It seems an aspect ratio problem, can you share your original PDF with me?
About the position, it's something I need to investigate: yours is not the first report on the pen/display offset.
One little thing: when you use the Surface be sure to have WinTab disabled.
Hello AMVI Rider,

i added VRK to the Exceptiones in Kaspersky. I pause Kaspersky to install. When i reactivate Kaspersky it detects VRKneeboard.exe and VRKneeboard.ink as nonrepairable files and deletes them. The threat is VHO:Trojan-Spy.MSIL.Keylogger.gen

Thanks
Driskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #102
Gruman

Stupid question: Do you really need buttons on the touch panel or can this be done with gestures?

Because there is also a WACOM One Tablet (Arround 50$), which is perfectly the size of a DIN A5 sheet. Would be perfect for a kneeboard.

Otherwise I will just order the WACOM Intous S. Is the Bluetooth version laggier than USB within VRK?

Thanks
Gruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #103
Kirin

I just ordered a H950P from https://huionshop.de/ - shipping to Switzerland is ok with 18 EUR. Looking forward to try this out!
Kirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #104
AMVI_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driskill View Post
Hello AMVI Rider,

i added VRK to the Exceptiones in Kaspersky. I pause Kaspersky to install. When i reactivate Kaspersky it detects VRKneeboard.exe and VRKneeboard.ink as nonrepairable files and deletes them. The threat is VHO:Trojan-Spy.MSIL.Keylogger.gen

Thanks
That's funny: why it deletes the files if it is on the exception list? Have you tried putting the whole directory to the exception list?
Anyway, another version will be released today. I hope the problematic fingerprint is not present in the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruman View Post
Stupid question: Do you really need buttons on the touch panel or can this be done with gestures?

Because there is also a WACOM One Tablet (Arround 50$), which is perfectly the size of a DIN A5 sheet. Would be perfect for a kneeboard.

Otherwise I will just order the WACOM Intous S. Is the Bluetooth version laggier than USB within VRK?

Thanks
You can do almost anything without the buttons, still, I strongly suggest to buy a pen tablet with buttons: it is much faster and who knows if something in the future will require them.

Consider that active area is always noticeably smaller than the device size. Having a too small active area is worse than a larger device. That's why I choose the H950P over the Intuos S.

BT latency is slightly worse then USB, but irrelevant in VRK. Anyway, the BT can be used in USB mode too.
The reviews about latency are oriented to digital artists, they care about speed and latency.

Cheers

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Ryzen 5 3600X - 32GB DD4 3200C14 Win10 64 - Geforce GTX 1080Ti
Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker
35" UWQHD main display + 22" MFCD/Helios display / Rift S
2x256 GB SSD - 2Tb Caviar Green

Last edited by AMVI_Rider; 10-07-2019 at 03:54 PM.
AMVI_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 AM   #105
Gruman

Thanks for the tipps. Went with the WACOM Intous M. Should get it today. Will test it out

Do you still need feedback on the Surface Aspect Ratio or did you enhance anything in the newest version?

Thanks man
Old 10-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #106
AMVI_Rider

Quote:
Thanks for the tipps. Went with the WACOM Intous M. Should get it today. Will test it out

Do you still need feedback on the Surface Aspect Ratio or did you enhance anything in the newest version?

Thanks man
I'm quite interested in the M, let me know how it behaves in the practical scenario.

Something should have changed in the latest build with the supersampling improvement. If you have some time to "waste" I would like to know how it is running now.

Thanks

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker
Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #107
Gruman

Quote:
I'm quite interested in the M, let me know how it behaves in the practical scenario.Thanks
I think the WACOM Intuos M has a great size. Its a bit larger than an DIN A5 sheet. So basicly its the size of a kneeboard. Currently I have to find a good solution to have it strapped to my right leg, but that should work all right.
Today I will receive my bluetooth USB adapter, so then I will see how the latency will be. Would be great if I can use it wireless.
I think the retail price would be 199$, but I was able to purchase it for 150$ from my favorite online retailer. Don't ask me why. Only "drawback" was the wierd color "pistachio green"

Quote:
Something should have changed in the latest build with the supersampling improvement. If you have some time to "waste" I would like to know how it is running now.Thanks
Will try it tonight. I will let you know.

Thanks for the added options to have the tabs on the right side
Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #108
AMVI_Rider

Quote:
... Only "drawback" was the wierd color "pistachio green"
The good part is that you won't see it while flying

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Old 10-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #109
The Falcon

Good job
The Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #110
assafm25

Just find this great tool
Thank u AMVI_Rider

Can u please explain how do I open the Kneeboard in flight or it alwase on?
I use the Standalone Configuration with Oculus CV1

Thanks again

IAF Bell205
IAF Anafa

-----------------------
DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR
-----------------------
My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.
-------------
assafm25 is offline   Reply With Quote