The Dynamic Campaign... WHEN?!?!? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #21
Shadow.D.

Quote:
I just hope the DC is not just for SP but for MP as well.

This... very much this. I haven't heard multiplayer mentioned once and honestly with ED's record, I doubt this dynamic campaign will be multiplayer.
Shadow.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:14 PM   #22
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
I just hope the DC is not just for SP but for MP as well.
I would hope so. It would be a mistake to not make it MP as that is where most players will thrive to go. Everyone wants to play with their buddies.

Strike
C.O. VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #23
moonshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeeagle345 View Post
that is where most players will thrive to go. Everyone wants to play with their buddies.
MP guys love to repeat this for some reason. But the polls that’ve been run show the vast majority of DCS customers spend their time in SP.
A dynamic campaign for everybody would of course be ideal.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:07 AM   #24
Shadow.D.

The amount of effort required currently to get an enjoyable mp experience, is tbh too much for most. Nevermind people running servers and having to create content to go on these servers.

You take that away and deliver on dedicated servers, a stable base and drop in drop out mp campaign and you watch mp explode. Not only for the campaign itself, but for them to create a mp campaign, alot of functions will be have to built into the game.
So much of this stuff content creators have been crying out for for so long, aswell as paying more attention to the stability and consistency of mp.
To do anything complex is so difficult currently, give people the methods to do this stuff without having to create their own frameworks, to do even simple tasks expected of airborne combat and the content will come quickly.

Last edited by Shadow.D.; 01-18-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Shadow.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:35 AM   #25
tobyeez

What poles do you look at. I find that unbelieveable.
tobyeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:22 AM   #26
falcon_120

The MP base is quite reduced, there was a poll a while back and only SP users where the majority. Not so hard to believe given that few days you have more than 1k users online, I expect that DCS has selled more than 200K copies otherwise they would be out of business by now.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #27
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
This is for me the most important item missing in DCS. I would pay for it as a module if you decide that is what it takes it to allocate the needed resources for a succesful development.
+1

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #28
The Jack

I disagree this should be a paid for module....

A DCG is not a module and should be an integral part of the core game. Just like the mission editor and quick mission generator!

If it is in the core game it is something else to widen it's appeal. Thus exposing more to it and then making it possible to generate sales of extra aircraft, maps and other modules.
The Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #29
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack View Post

A DCG is not a module and should be an integral part of the core game. Just like the mission editor and quick mission generator!

If it is in the core game it is something else to widen it's appeal. Thus exposing more to it and then making it possible to generate sales of extra aircraft, maps and other modules.
I agree that it should be an integral part of the core game. Still, I would pay the devs for making this happen

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #30
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack View Post

What worries me most of the free approach is the following:
-The DC not only is a huge undertake by itself but i suspect that once it is integrated in the game it will require constant bugfixing with each game update. New modules and functionality will probably break things in the DC engine, so you dont just develop it, but you need to maintain this.
-To bear this ED need a constant income flow to support these resources, which if it is free will need to come from new modules and new maps which requires a big team
-So by keeping it free; which is a valid option and will please many, you basically delay everything (supposing that if its a paid module you can afford the risk of hiring someone else) and once developed you have this resource contantly locked on keeping the DC as clear of bugs as possible. Which i think it might be a nightmare and in turn will mean a lesser quality product for all of us.
-and finally but more important for me: heck! 40 dollars(making this number up) is a night out with friends in many countries, you pay it once and enjoy for the rest of your chair piloting years :p.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote