The Dynamic Campaign... WHEN?!?!?

The Jack

The MP base is quite reduced, there was a poll a while back and only SP users where the majority. Not so hard to believe given that few days you have more than 1k users online, I expect that DCS has selled more than 200K copies otherwise they would be out of business by now.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

This is for me the most important item missing in DCS. I would pay for it as a module if you decide that is what it takes it to allocate the needed resources for a succesful development.

+1 :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I disagree this should be a paid for module....

A DCG is not a module and should be an integral part of the core game. Just like the mission editor and quick mission generator!

If it is in the core game it is something else to widen it's appeal. Thus exposing more to it and then making it possible to generate sales of extra aircraft, maps and other modules.

A DCG is not a module and should be an integral part of the core game. Just like the mission editor and quick mission generator!

If it is in the core game it is something else to widen it's appeal. Thus exposing more to it and then making it possible to generate sales of extra aircraft, maps and other modules.

I agree that it should be an integral part of the core game. Still, I would pay the devs for making this happen :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What worries me most of the free approach is the following:

-The DC not only is a huge undertake by itself but i suspect that once it is integrated in the game it will require constant bugfixing with each game update. New modules and functionality will probably break things in the DC engine, so you dont just develop it, but you need to maintain this.

-To bear this ED need a constant income flow to support these resources, which if it is free will need to come from new modules and new maps which requires a big team

-So by keeping it free; which is a valid option and will please many, you basically delay everything (supposing that if its a paid module you can afford the risk of hiring someone else) and once developed you have this resource contantly locked on keeping the DC as clear of bugs as possible. Which i think it might be a nightmare and in turn will mean a lesser quality product for all of us.

-and finally but more important for me: heck! 40 dollars(making this number up) is a night out with friends in many countries, you pay it once and enjoy for the rest of your chair piloting years :p.

A good compromise could be making it as a part of Combined Arms.

Anyway DC is not only about creating an ATO , is about assetts that have to work in a realistic way.

Assetts are dependent on era ( WWII , Cold War , Modern ) , countries and vehicles/aircrafts involved ,logistics , how they work in maps... this is a huge task , very much the more demanding task that we possibly see in DCS.

Having it bugged and delayed is useless to everyone.

What worries me most of the free approach is the following:

-The DC not only is a huge undertake by itself but i suspect that once it is integrated in the game it will require constant bugfixing with each game update. New modules and functionality will probably break things in the DC engine, so you dont just develop it, but you need to maintain this.

-To bear this ED need a constant income flow to support these resources, which if it is free will need to come from new modules and new maps which requires a big team

-So by keeping it free; which is a valid option and will please many, you basically delay everything (supposing that if its a paid module you can afford the risk of hiring someone else) and once developed you have this resource contantly locked on keeping the DC as clear of bugs as possible. Which i think it might be a nightmare and in turn will mean a lesser quality product for all of us.

-and finally but more important for me: heck! 40 dollars(making this number up) is a night out with friends in many countries, you pay it once and enjoy for the rest of your chair piloting years :p.

ED has actually an talent engineer working on them

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3762584&postcount=8

For a long time we've said that a DC was more a matter of when rather than if. It is only until last year that we found a talented engineer to create "war simulation" in which the DC operates. It was only last year that we announced that it is now in development.

This is a very high-priority item for us with good progress. However, this is a highly complex undertaking and it will take time, but certainly not "5 years".

Once we have interesting and significant news to pass along on this task, we certainly will.

Thanks

I just hope the DC is not just for SP but for MP as well.

You know, honestly, if it makes the thing 300% harder to build and balance, I'd say forego MP and focus on a splendid SP experience. If you see what the MP requirement did to a certain spacegame we all know and love (that's built in Cambridge, UK) perhaps focussing on MP above all else might not be such a bright idea..

But that's just my opinion.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

This is for me the most important item missing in DCS. I would pay for it as a module if you decide that is what it takes it to allocate the needed resources for a succesful development.

THIS!! If there was some sort of avenue to allow us fund/support the development in exchange for a level of insight and a possible way to assist in early testing, I would gladly contribute! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

THIS!! If there was some sort of avenue to allow us fund/support the development in exchange for a level of insight and a possible way to assist in early testing, I would gladly contribute! :)

A sort of official crowdsourcing from ED for this would be ok for me, so only those of us who really want to contribute may do so to help hire more staff (at least one additional talented engineer ;)) that can help out.

Can you stop talking about money in those forums please? you all know nothing about the amount, and workforce needed to do this and ED asked for nothing (yet). Just wait and see damn it :mad:

About the ATO system, I'm more worried about the AI that currently doesn't follow mission plans to the letter. Will the AI have to be overhauled before a completion of the dynamic campaign system ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

A sort of official crowdsourcing from ED for this would be ok for me, so only those of us who really want to contribute may do so to help hire more staff (at least one additional talented engineer ;)) that can help out.

ED now require a RTS programer on the vacant jobs. Surely someone can put your curriculum to enter into ED team to help to the engineer working to the Dynamic campaign..

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/vacancies/rts-programmer/

I think we are on a very good track with how things are developing in DCSW already. If they put it out there it would be another plus on top of what we are already getting. They can allocate the funds however they wish, but yeah...another talented member to support the talented engineer would be the likely priority. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

You know, honestly, if it makes the thing 300% harder to build and balance, I'd say forego MP and focus on a splendid SP experience. If you see what the MP requirement did to a certain spacegame we all know and love (that's built in Cambridge, UK) perhaps focussing on MP above all else might not be such a bright idea..

But that's just my opinion.

I completely agree with you here. Well said.

:thumbup:

Can you stop talking about money in those forums please? you all know nothing about the amount, and workforce needed to do this and ED asked for nothing (yet). Just wait and see damn it :mad:

tenor.gif

Who saturated your cornflakes this morning?? :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

About the ATO system, I'm more worried about the AI that currently doesn't follow mission plans to the letter. Will the AI have to be overhauled before a completion of the dynamic campaign system ?

That depends on how much money ED make.

its the same thing, CV stands for Curriculm Vitae. And ED might have a laugh or two at my lack of experience in RTS development :p

You really had to point that out to me!?!?!?!?!? :megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Oh yes Dynamic Campaign would be huge for me!

Very much looking forward to this!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
I just hope the DC is not just for SP but for MP as well.

Multiplayer is key to DCS world, and with the onset of the Dedicated server, options like online dynamic campaigns will be more viable. So yes, the goal is for all aspects of DCS to have dynamic content.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png