The Dynamic Campaign... WHEN?!?!? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #11
The Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
For a long time we've said that a DC was more a matter of when rather than if. It is only until last year that we found a talented engineer to create "war simulation" in which the DC operates. It was only last year that we announced that it is now in development.

This is a very high-priority item for us with good progress. However, this is a highly complex undertaking and it will take time, but certainly not "5 years".

Once we have interesting and significant news to pass along on this task, we certainly will.

Thanks
Thanks for the info Wags.... I can't wait for this. It will make DCS a complete experience!! I'm so excited.... I just can't hide it.... I better stop before I go in to crap song territory!
The Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #12
falcon_120

This is for me the most important item missing in DCS. I would pay for it as a module if you decide that is what it takes it to allocate the needed resources for a succesful development.
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:13 PM   #13
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
This is for me the most important item missing in DCS. I would pay for it as a module if you decide that is what it takes it to allocate the needed resources for a succesful development.
Ditto, this is what will take DCS to the next level for me. I couldn't care less about more modules at this point
Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:
Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #14
Varis

Give them a few years to bake it well.

While it's exciting to hear that the DC is indeed at such a high priority as I thought it would be, I'd kind of hope them to complete the tactical (Combined Arms) environment before they delve deep into the operational.

As Wags implies, the decision is often somewhat out of the hands of ED many times - more about securing contracts, finding talent, etc.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #15
The Jack

Quote:
No... not a paid for module... this should be critical part of the base program.
The Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #16
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack View Post
No... not a paid for module... this should be critical part of the base program.
Having it for free is somehow ... "dangerous"!
I prefer to pay and have full support.

This is a critical feature that can change the way we play DCS forever.
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #17
schurem

I wouldn't mind paying for it either. I pay for short scripted campaigns and consider those money well spent. Getting a cool DC would easily be worth as much as a whole aircraft.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #18
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack View Post
I would not want to infere with ED business decissions, is totally up to them. Having said that, I do care for his business profitability as I want them to stay strong forever. I cant imagine loosing them as a company given there is no more competition on this niche market.

On top of that, I do expect a very well structure, flexible and robust DC that works both in SP and MP, and that takes time and resources, hard to do with just a single engineer. If Maps, scripted campaigns and modules are monetized cant see a single reason to have this for free. The ROI you will have in fun and hours of gameplay is hardly comparable with any module until now (You pay 60 dollars and now and all of sudden you have infinite hours of gameplay for all your modules).

Again, I will celebrate any decission they make, they have proven many times to have a clear roadmap.
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #19
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
I would not want to infere with ED business decissions, is totally up to them. Having said that, I do care for his business profitability as I want them to stay strong forever. I cant imagine loosing them as a company given there is no more competition on this niche market.

On top of that, I do expect a very well structure, flexible and robust DC that works both in SP and MP, and that takes time and resources, hard to do with just a single engineer. If Maps, scripted campaigns and modules are monetized cant see a single reason to have this for free. The ROI you will have in fun and hours of gameplay is hardly comparable with any module until now (You pay 60 dollars and now and all of sudden you have infinite hours of gameplay for all your modules).

Again, I will celebrate any decission they make, they have proven many times to have a clear roadmap.
Agreed. Everyone wants stuff for free, but forgets what a niche market this is. I will gladly pay for it if it ensures ED's future and my future DCS happiness.

Strike
C.O. VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:07 PM   #20
Snoopy
Veteran

I just hope the DC is not just for SP but for MP as well.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote