The Dynamic Campaign... WHEN?!?!? - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 07:24 AM   #141
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitMaster View Post
Ehhh, one question:

Would that be an Add-On or included in the free DCS World ?

I'd buy it for 100€, no doubt, I am waiting for this since I know DCS, it's the ONE thing I miss the most.
Now one knows yet (maybe not even the devs).

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #142
Japo32

Now I have the F16 and almost all the planes for DCS it is time to have that dynamic campaign release. I know it will take time and we are far away from it, but I think only 1 person to make all the complex code woudln't be enough.

One thing I am fear of is the size of the maps. In BMS we have really big maps where the battle front moves. Here we are more little in space so campaigns may be very short in time (unless there are equal forces). Hope they find a way to amplify the current maps in future.

And to let us make the wait more confortable, you could make some semy dynamic campaigns. I know there are people that program "dynamic" campaigns in terms of number of units you can use or the enemy. Maybe not big theaters but something to have fun in the mean while.
And also another thing: Please make a save/load option in any fight stage in the currect missions campaigns we have.

Thanks!
Japo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #143
MeatBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo32 View Post
Now I have the F16 and almost all the planes for DCS it is time to have that dynamic campaign release. I know it will take time and we are far away from it, but I think only 1 person to make all the complex code woudln't be enough.

One thing I am fear of is the size of the maps. In BMS we have really big maps where the battle front moves. Here we are more little in space so campaigns may be very short in time (unless there are equal forces). Hope they find a way to amplify the current maps in future.

And to let us make the wait more confortable, you could make some semy dynamic campaigns. I know there are people that program "dynamic" campaigns in terms of number of units you can use or the enemy. Maybe not big theaters but something to have fun in the mean while.
And also another thing: Please make a save/load option in any fight stage in the currect missions campaigns we have.

Thanks!
+1
everythings you say, and let me say,
also on a little map initially could be ok
MeatBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #144
Tom Kazansky

Wags' answer to the thread's initial question from Oct 18th 2019:

https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-am...r-matt-wagner/

Quote:
"Our current estimate is that the dynamic campaign will be ready for beta test in 2021."
Tom Kazansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #145
QuiGon
Veteran

Huh, that fits my prediction I made in January on the first page of this thread pretty well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I wouldn't expect the dynamic Campaign before 2020, maybe not even before 2021.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:52 AM   #146
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Wags' answer to the thread's initial question from Oct 18th 2019:

https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-am...r-matt-wagner/
December 2021
Old 10-21-2019, 04:29 PM   #147
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
December 2021
A very safe estimate.
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #148
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
A very safe estimate.
I try to have realistic expectations. And even more realistic ones with regards to DCS. That way I'm usually pleasantly surprised rather than the other way around.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:27 AM   #149
504_Anzac

As a mission designer that have been working with EDs different products since the flanker days, i'm a bit worried about if ED is aware of complete rework of AI that will have to be done in order to make a dynamic campaign working. I spends more time in the mission editor then in the cockpit, and part of that time is spent previewing AI behaviour in missions over and over again until you can get the behaviour you want in the mission. I feel that the AI is a joke, a bad bad joke. Everything you build has to be micromanaged to a level that you can not call the AI an AI anymore. And the parts where the AI actually has a bit of independent thinking, you often need to turn it off, or use community made scrips to micro manage it, like MOOSE, to get a behaviour that is not ridiculous. Even with all my skill and all the different tools used you still have AI that more often kills itself by not being able to for example manage fuel consumption and crashing due to running out of fuel, or not knowing when to pull up when getting in a dogfight or evading a missile, then to being hit by enemy fire. And don't even get me started on the ground AI... It is not even an AI, it is literally a way of moving targets around, and even that does not work. A common problem in my squadrons recent manually edited online dynamic campaign is that ground units just stop following orders, and get stuck with no way of making them move, at all. I really hope that ED realises that in order to make a dynamic campaign that will not just cause people to be disappointed and feel cheated they will have to totally rework the way the AI behaves or this will be money wasted. At least if it is to be a truly dynamic campaign where what you do actually affect the outcome of things, and not just a mission generator running with the ability to save in between missions. Because at this point the best way to win against the AI is just let them fly around killing themselves until they run out of air-frames. And wait for the ground AI to get stuck on a trees or buildings or just get bugged out so that the ground offensive is won.
504_Anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #150
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504_Anzac View Post
As a mission designer that have been working with EDs different products since the flanker days, i'm a bit worried about if ED is aware of complete rework of AI that will have to be done in order to make a dynamic campaign working ...
From the recent Mudspike article …

Q. Are there any plans to expand Combined Arms? This hidden gem of a module can really alter the multiplayer landscape with a cunning user at the helm but hasn’t gained a large following.

A. Certainly, but before we can do so, there are other items that first need to be addressed:
- Detailed damage model system for ground units
- Improved ground unit AI decision making
- New and improved ground unit effects
- A much more detailed ground environment
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote