VR IMPROVEMENTS - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #101
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeeagle345 View Post
Unfortunately, they said the game developers need to code the game to use it. With that said, its going to be quite a long while until DCS can adapt it. So buying a current gen should be just fine.
Quote:
yeah, it you are just using DCS in VR, the Odyssey+ takes the cake over the Vive Pro / Odyssey. Other companies really need to adopt or come up with their own anti-SDE as there is just no going back after i switched.
How would you say the clarity of the oddesy + is relative to other headsets you've used. I know they use a 1200ppi figure due to the way the "blend" the pixels to get rid of the SDE, but I'm wondering what that does to clarity/scene resolution. I'm debating getting one later this year depending on when I get a better computer that or a Pimax. Till then my Rift works well enough.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #102
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
How would you say the clarity of the oddesy + is relative to other headsets you've used. I know they use a 1200ppi figure due to the way the "blend" the pixels to get rid of the SDE, but I'm wondering what that does to clarity/scene resolution. I'm debating getting one later this year depending on when I get a better computer that or a Pimax. Till then my Rift works well enough.
I have used the Rift, Vive, Vive Pro, OG Odyssey. The odyssey+ is better than all of them. I have 0 screen door effect but can see the pixel texture if stare very hard at the sky, but that is a given with the current VR screen resolution limitations. I have a better picture out of the O+ than I did with the other headsets.

Strike
C.O. VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:04 AM   #103
Gearbox

Quote:
I have used the Rift, Vive, Vive Pro, OG Odyssey. The odyssey+ is better than all of them. I have 0 screen door effect but can see the pixel texture if stare very hard at the sky, but that is a given with the current VR screen resolution limitations. I have a better picture out of the O+ than I did with the other headsets.

Are these through the lens photos of the HMD?
Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:20 AM   #104
hansangb
Veteran

It sure looks like it's through the lens. Very nice shot at that. Hard to get through the lens pics.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #105
walleye62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post
Are these through the lens photos of the HMD?
Yes, I have the Odyssey plus also and the resolution is that good.

Only civies call it a "bug"
walleye62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:28 AM   #106
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer View Post
There are a number of horror stories going around in relation to the quality of the Pimax products atm. Personally I would avoid, I feel they are just trying to exploit the stage before the big boys come back with the next gen and wipe them out. Best avoided I think.

Any links to said horror stories? 95% of the feedback I’ve seen from those whom have received their units has been positive, at least from what I’ve read (which is quite a bit of reading).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:
Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:32 AM   #107
walleye62

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Any links to said horror stories? 95% of the feedback I’ve seen from those whom have received their units has been positive, at least from what I’ve read (which is quite a bit of reading).

Ya, that sounds odd. Everything I have read or watched about the pimax 5k has been very positive. I haven't come across any negative reviews.

Only civies call it a "bug"
walleye62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:53 AM   #108
Svsmokey

Tyriel (sp?) Woods on YouTube got a review unit that was DOA . Only instance I've heard of...

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:24 AM   #109
DigitalEngine

Quote:

OMG! At first I thought these were actual photos of the real thing (like real world, in cockpit photos). It took me reading your post and a couple of minutes to realize these are "in game" shots in what appears to be through the lenses. WOW. !!

Anyway, as I've posted in a couple of other places, you all should read this article. Don't be mislead by the title. This is what's in the pipeline and coming soon to a HMD near you. An important take away from the article is that Qualcomm’s reference designs are use by competing HMD vendors for their "proprietary" HMD's and that's not just for the "standalone" HMD's.
GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
OS = Windows 10 64bit
Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
HTC Vive
DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel
DigitalEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #110
Zoomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cBojiOEQo&t=413s

I`ve read about issues in relation to backers still not having their hmd`s etc. and a lot of promises unfulfilled. I just would not trust them myself and will wait for the new CV2 or main players to release the next gen products. As the saying goes “act in haste, repent at leisure”. In the end it`s up to people`s own choice whether to risk it or not.

Edit- Those picks from the SO+ look quiet good, I was very close to buying one during the Black Friday reduction.

Last edited by Zoomer; 01-12-2019 at 06:07 AM.
Zoomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vr improvements