Do I need to install/use Thrustmaster software in win 10? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
Peedee

Default Do I need to install/use Thrustmaster software in win 10?

Hi,
a newcomer here on this forum. Been flying flight games/sims since 1982... And finally I made the dream purchase, I recently got my Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas! And I love it! Don´t know why I didn´t buy it before.... I´ve used different Saitek series hotas systems earlier. But this - this is an huge upgrade!

Anyways, when I got it I just plugged it into my PC, and it worked. And in DCS A10c it was very easy to tweak those minor changes I wanted. So, are there any reasons to install any Thrustmaster software on my system?
Peedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #2
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedee View Post
... So, are there any reasons to install any Thrustmaster software on my system?

It isnt really needed, unless you want your HOTAS to do things like turning ON-OFF its LEDs, or having a button do a function when pressed and a different one when released, or one button do two things in sequence (for example release the landing gear lock of the MiG-21, then move the LG handle down and then place the lock again .. I can do that with a single button press).
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:02 AM   #3
SGT Coyle

You need to install drivers and I think the software is automatic, but you don't need to use it.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #4
Peedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Coyle View Post
You need to install drivers and I think the software is automatic, but you don't need to use it.
Thanks,
Windows installed drivers automaticly when I plugged the Hotas into the USB ports. And no other software was installed. I never downloaded anything or installed any files from CD or internet. So no other software other than the drivers - that Windows installed by itself just as any other gamecontroller.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #5
Peedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
It isnt really needed, unless you want your HOTAS to do things like turning ON-OFF its LEDs, or having a button do a function when pressed and a different one when released, or one button do two things in sequence (for example release the landing gear lock of the MiG-21, then move the LG handle down and then place the lock again .. I can do that with a single button press).

Thanks a lot,
I will wait with the software then. I'm pretty overwhelmed by everything as it is And it seems to work for now.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
SGT Coyle

Peedee,
never use windows to calibrate stick or throttle. You can use it to see if buttons are working, but do not calibrate with windows. It breaks things.
Welcome to the club.