New Clouds for DCS

Devil 505

Looks much better than what we currently have that’s for sure. They’ve posted screenshots of WIP clouds in years past, hopefully they can reach the finish line this time.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have different cloud types, 2-3 layers....

Offtopic : can I disable somehow the Cirrus clouds layer ? ( 30.000 - 40.000 ft high, look awful )

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

New weather / clouds is high on my wish-list for DCS. This would be a great Christmas present from ED. ;)

I'm affraid, we won't see this, until 2022 - 2023

:D

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

NOTE if you try to get the smoke out of your airplanes you will notice that the smoke is dragged by the currents and moves towards the wind.

the clouds in DCS are still, they, like the smoke of your plane, should move in the direction of the wind.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope the new clouds will be able to merge with the horizon, when they are far away. At the moment the problem is that the curvature of the earth is not simulated and thus there is a gap between clouds and the horizon.

yes, that'd be rather important!