VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #121
assafm25

Thank u Gurman.
I think this MOD is not for my needs.

I will use the kneeboard builder

Thanks again

IAF Bell205
IAF Anafa

-----------------------
DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR
-----------------------
My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.
-------------
assafm25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:52 AM   #122
AMVI_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewings View Post
Hey guys.
I have just installed this software.
I want to know if there is any other thing I should do to see the proper display. Have read the quick guide but fail to see any reference to this issue.

Now I am using it the software on the standalone mode.

I run the VRK and the VRK is displayed on my desktop.

I am running steamVR with a windows mix reality headset.

I go into VR and cannot see the table as in the demo video. I can only see a logo of AMVI at the bottom right position. It does focus and enlarge when I look at the logo.

Thanks.
You just need to add a "Tab" on the Kneeboard to activate the kneeboard overlay.
Either adding a Notes tab or a document will make it show.

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Ryzen 5 3600X - 32GB DD4 3200C14 Win10 64 - Geforce GTX 1080Ti
Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker
35" UWQHD main display + 22" MFCD/Helios display / Rift S
2x256 GB SSD - 2Tb Caviar Green
AMVI_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #123
AMVI_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by assafm25 View Post
Let me please try explain u again.
I fly with my VR headset.
Without tablet or pan.

I like ti know if i cab move pages during flight with my headset (like the [] keys in the Shift K kneeboard)
The capability to control VRK with other devices (keyboard, stick/hotas, controllers, USB I/O) will come.
It was not the priority because I focused most on innovation rater than superimposing the feature set with existing tools.
Now that VRK core is "good enough" I'm switching to support the DCS kneeboard in various ways. This will include the capability to use it without additional HW (except for writing of course).

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker
Old 10-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #124
Driskill

Hello AMVI_Rider,

the Kaspersky-Problem is gone with your new version.

Thanks a lot.
Driskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #125
assafm25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMVI_Rider View Post
The capability to control VRK with other devices (keyboard, stick/hotas, controllers, USB I/O) will come.
It was not the priority because I focused most on innovation rater than superimposing the feature set with existing tools.
Now that VRK core is "good enough" I'm switching to support the DCS kneeboard in various ways. This will include the capability to use it without additional HW (except for writing of course).
Thank u very much!
I love your project and i think its brilliant tool in our simulator.

Cant wait for the next version with the key support.

IAF Bell205
IAF Anafa

-----------------------
DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR
-----------------------
My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.
-------------
assafm25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #126
Eaglewings

Quote:
You just need to add a "Tab" on the Kneeboard to activate the kneeboard overlay.

Either adding a Notes tab or a document will make it show.
Okay, I will try this. Thanks
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #127
=Panther=

Amazing tool, finally had a free moment to install and test it the other day. Definitely a game changer. Especially like the ability to load anything even after in the jet. Doesn’t require any dcs restarts for the kneeboard to update.

Thanks!

If only one of those kneeboard tabs could be Twitch chat, it would make my life so much more easier when flying and streaming.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster
Spoiler:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Last edited by =Panther=; 10-18-2019 at 08:45 PM.
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #128
AMVI_Rider

From the "MUDSPIKE AMA WITH EAGLE DYNAMICS SENIOR PRODUCER MATT WAGNER" article published here:
https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-am...r-matt-wagner/

"It’s a good idea to have the possibility to make notes on a pad in VR. We’ll think about it and implement as additional game feature in VR mode."

I think everybody here agree

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Old 10-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #129
AMVI_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Panther= View Post
If only one of those kneeboard tabs could be Twitch chat, it would make my life so much more easier when flying and streaming.
Thank you. I just had a look at your latest stream and I'm happy that VRK is there!

The upcoming version will include keyboard/hotas commands to complement gestures and physical buttons. It may be useful to map the zoom out without sacrificing a physical button.
Also playing with vJoy and/or voice control you can do nice things.

I will look into Twitch APIs, let's see how much effort is needed to add the feature.

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Old 10-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #130
=Panther=

Quote:
Thank you. I just had a look at your latest stream and I'm happy that VRK is there!

The upcoming version will include keyboard/hotas commands to complement gestures and physical buttons. It may be useful to map the zoom out without sacrificing a physical button.
Also playing with vJoy and/or voice control you can do nice things.

I will look into Twitch APIs, let's see how much effort is needed to add the feature.
I had a failure on my part with my Intuos S, so it kept turning off roughly 30 seconds of no activity. So I didn’t get to use it fully during that stream, but it will be used for future streams.

I couldn’t figure why the time out was happening, no post online that pointed to a solution. Then I discovered that I somehow installed the MAC driver version instead of the windows (lol).

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster
Spoiler:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote