Tarawa shortcomings

BrzI

do you have any videos? What Razbam should do is make it upto the mission maker how they want the deck configured of aircraft IMHO

That way you add flexibility to the deck configurations.

looks like a nice site with lots of images, even when on excercise

http://www.seaforces.org/usnships/lha/LHA-1-USS-Tarawa.htm

That is the problem, I guess.

The spawn positions especially in MP need to be consistent and manageable for ATC, AI and human players. I hope they manage to introduce more spawn points on the deck and in various areas, but it needs to wirknin conjunction with AI planes/helos, as well.

As was mentioned, ED is currently doing a lot of new stuff for carrier ops and Razbam seems to work on implementation for the Tarawa.

Video:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The current OB version allows me this spawn point for the Mi8:

attachment.php?attachmentid=192750&stc=1&d=1535388551

I stand corrected but unfortunately, now when I spawn, I am sitting on the tram line and the rotor blades of my Mi-8 are in contact with the island. If I spawn cold, no problem unless I try to start the aircraft! If I spawn hot the aircraft is usually destroyed and I end up going over the port side anyway. I'd really like to know how Sunstag got that screen shot! I sure wish that ED or RAZBAM would get this fixed. After all, LHA stands for "Landing Helicopter Assault". The proper spawn points are all marked. That is where the helicopters are positioned for start up and takeoff/landing. How difficult can it be to determine what those coordinates are and assign them as a spawn point for a helicopter? I have even tried to choose one of the other 5 parking positions available in the ME but to no avail.

I am still a rabbid RAZBAM fan and am enjoying all of their products but this is getting old.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, as you experienced it, not all helicopters (light/ medium/ heavy) can use the same spots on LHA, and this is still beta.

Without doubt your report is useful.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hi All,

This is by no means a simple process. One minute you think you have it sussed and then the next fix you put in place breaks another element. What's being shown here is a compromise to get the AI working after a fashion.

There are limitations and I am trying to overcome them. Nothing is as simple as you think it should be but we are getting there. This does not represent the final version, it's simply a WIP update.

Due to personal circumstances I am working on this as and when I am able so please be patient. Thanks everyone.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

This is by no means a simple process. One minute you think you have it sussed and then the next fix you put in place breaks another element. What's being shown here is a compromise to get the AI working after a fashion.

There are limitations and I am trying to overcome them. Nothing is as simple as you think it should be but we are getting there. This does not represent the final version, it's simply a WIP update.

Due to personal circumstances I am working on this as and when I am able so please be patient. Thanks everyone.

Really promising. That is already pretty useful.

Appreciate very much, that you look into it.

The Tarawa LHA-1 is one of the most interesting additions to DCS of late.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

Suntsag you are soooo close on this. Put a mission together with two Av8 flying CAS. They took off from the Tarawa about 50 miles off the coast. Flew into the combat zone dropped their bombs and flew all the way back to the ship. Did a couple of patterns to set up for landing around the Tarawa only to land in the sea next to the ship.... Keep up the good work. Really close

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Hi All,

This is awesome :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Personally I find only two shortcomings with the current Tarawa:

1: Starting cold/hot from the ramp does not put the Harrier on a parking spot

2: Starting on "the runway" puts you too far down the tram line.

Harriers should be using the full length of the deck for takeoff.

Personally I find only two shortcomings with the current Tarawa:

1: Starting cold/hot from the ramp does not put the Harrier on a parking spot

2: Starting on "the runway" puts you too far down the tram line.

Harriers should be using the full length of the deck for takeoff.

Couldn't agree more. To that I would add:

3. Helicopters spawning on the tram line instead of the spots intended for helos.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
so far this is working good. helos are launching from deck as expected.

Has his latest changes hit the sim yet?

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I am really looking forward to ED or RAZBAM getting this issue worked out. Sure seems to me that if a modder can do the stuff that Suntsag has done up to now with the Tarawa, the folks from ED or RAZBAM should be able to finish it properly.

Edited by AG-51_Razor
Spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I am really looking forward to ED or RAZBAM getting this issue worked out. Sure seems to me that if a modder can do the stuff that Suntsag has done up to now with the Tarawa, the folks from ED or RAZBAM should be able to finish it properly.
Hmm, as far as I am aware Suntsag is part of Razbam since a while. Developing stuff for their upcoming South Atlantic/Falklands map?

So would be the Razbam guy currently fixing it and showing us...

Shagrat

Well, I guess I owe Suntsag an appology. I did realize that he is part of RAZBAM now but as far as I can tell, the work he has been doing with the Tarawa has been outside his work on the Falklands map. I came to this conclusion due to his work showing up as a Mod rather than as part of one of the ED updates. Regardless of this, I really wish him all the luck in the world in this particular endeavor. His work on the Harrier Hide FARP is brilliant!!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I guess I owe Suntsag an appology. I did realize that he is part of RAZBAM now but as far as I can tell, the work he has been doing with the Tarawa has been outside his work on the Falklands map. I came to this conclusion due to his work showing up as a Mod rather than as part of one of the ED updates. Regardless of this, I really wish him all the luck in the world in this particular endeavor. His work on the Harrier Hide FARP is brilliant!!!
I was in the same boat. I hope they use his work or at least do something similar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 3 weeks later...
Can the Tarawa be sunk. I hit it with 8 missiles and no damage..
I think currently not. Though 8 missiles of what type? It takes a lot of hits, preferably below the waterline to actually sink a large modern ship, especially a warship. Disabling it, or at least hamper its effective fighting capabilities is a different story... think taking out the bridge, radar, weapon systems.

Shagrat

I think currently not. Though 8 missiles of what type? It takes a lot of hits, preferably below the waterline to actually sink a large modern ship, especially a warship. Disabling it, or at least hamper its effective fighting capabilities is a different story... think taking out the bridge, radar, weapon systems.

Anti ship missiles from patrol boats

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

So it seems damage is not implemented, yet. 8 anti-ship missiles should at least damage even a Tarawa class.

Shagrat

Had a frigate run into the Tarawa, both caught fire and eventually sunk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

fc4b7eb678020194304e83817d4f0524.png

Anyone with any skills with modding can do something like this?