JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

That's a nice looking aircraft. I guess I'll be adding a Chinese plane to the stable when they release it. I wouldn't mind flying that.

:pilotfly:

You're always going to find light fighters enjoyable, tbh.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

You're always going to find light fighters enjoyable, tbh.

Yeah, that's true. They're all a lot of fun. I'd even extend that beyond light fighters to say that I find all aircraft enjoyable. But light fighters are sort of the sports cars among them.

:pilotfly:

I don't know if I've chimed in here yet, but I felt a desire to say I'm stoked, Deka Ironworks.

This sim needs some RedFor clickpits worthy of combatting the upcoming NATO hornets, vipers, and tomcats, and while my knowledge of the JF-17 is VERY limited, what I've seen from your updates as well as a little bit of reading this thing is almost definitely going to be added to my virtual arsenal.

I wish you all the success in the world, and I can't wait to see what you bring to the sim in the future.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Definitely not just for the Redfor Aspect but also for the sophistication of this aircraft. I don't think a lot of people realize this, but this could be the most advanced up-to-date aircraft in DCS on release. That is exciting to me.

Edited by Auditor

Definitely not just for the Redfor Aspect but also for the sophistication of this aircraft. I don't think a lot of people realize this, but this could be the most advanced up-to-date aircraft in DCS on release. That is exciting to me.

Being a block 1 variant it'll be a little behind the F-16C and F/A -18C in some areas, such as no data link or refuelling capabilities. That's not to say its a bad aircraft, because well it isn't. I'm interested to see how some of the weapons are going to be modelled as it does bring a lot of weaponry that simply hasn't existed in DCS before to the table.

Being a block 1 variant it'll be a little behind the F-16C and F/A -18C in some areas, such as no data link or refuelling capabilities. That's not to say its a bad aircraft, because well it isn't. I'm interested to see how some of the weapons are going to be modelled as it does bring a lot of weaponry that simply hasn't existed in DCS before to the table.

The refueling probe is probably the thing I would want the most, but at the same time it's still probably one of the most modern aircraft we're going to get.

I've been told that it will also be our first glass cockpit aircraft if it can beat the Tucano.

. I'm interested to see how some of the weapons are going to be modelled as it does bring a lot of weaponry that simply hasn't existed in DCS before to the table.

Im a bit out of date but what weaponery that it does not exist yet are you talking about? Viggen has antiship missiles, AA its all there excep for advance active radar seaking other than the 120, andregarding A/G unless it has a TV guided bomb its all ther eallready.. But i migh be mistaken.. just curiouse.

Im a bit out of date but what weaponery that it does not exist yet are you talking about? Viggen has antiship missiles, AA its all there excep for advance active radar seaking other than the 120, andregarding A/G unless it has a TV guided bomb its all ther eallready.. But i migh be mistaken.. just curious.

PL12 and PL5 air to air missiles I don't believe are currently in the game. Pretty confident all the air to surface missiles it can carry are not currently modelled and I don't think the LS-6 bombs are currently modelled with DCS either.

Be interesting to find out if we're getting the RD-93 or the WS-13 powerplant.

RD93 - slower

WS13 - Faster now in full production to replace the RD93's

currently, we use RD-93

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Waiting for new good news from u, guys! :)

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Uboats, I want to request a Very Hires picture like the one of your sig, really like it.

sorry, it's low res pic, will make a hires one later :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |