a10a mavericks help

rwy12

Hi everyone.

Just bought the dcs world and lamming cliff 3.

Can you please advise and help with following few issues.

1 How can I lock the maverick on any target. ie in free flight I would like to target a building -i can

steer the target designator but I do not know how to lock the maverick to it-pressing 'enter'

does

nothing.

I am locking target with the easy options-how can I lock targets manually-I cannot get the close

magnification. I do not see any key commands.

2 I keep on loosing speed in flight with throttle fully pushed out.

Many thanks.looking forward to your help.

Qas

1. What you’re looking for is “force-correlate”. Read up on that. I don’t think the Maverick D model supports that, and is probably the Maverick you have loaded.

2. Are you losing speed in level flight or when climbing? The Hog can’t maintain climb above 15-20 degrees pitch.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

1. What you’re looking for is “force-correlate”. Read up on that. I don’t think the Maverick D model supports that, and is probably the Maverick you have loaded.

2. Are you losing speed in level flight or when climbing? The Hog can’t maintain climb above 15-20 degrees pitch.

Edit: I just saw that your question is for the A-10A. I was speaking for the A-10C. I’m not sure if there is a difference with the Mavs or propulsion system between the two models. I think the difference is avionics only, but not 100% sure.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I have looked at “force-correlate”-it speaks of the A10C-I have the A10A . Is this not possible with the A10A. If so,which keys please. I can not see the keys they mention in the command lists. Thank you.

I have looked at “force-correlate”-it speaks of the A10C-I have the A10A . Is this not possible with the A10A. If so,which keys please. I can not see the keys they mention in the command lists. Thank you.

I know nothing of the A-10A and how it works with the Mavs. If you enjoy the Hog, consider picking up the C model. It’s really fun.

Does your throttle work full range (idle to max) when you’re on the ground before takeoff?

thanks for replying. The throttle works full range-I have noticed the power drops off after pulling throttle back. if i leave it untouched speed stays ok. I think I will end up buying the a10c-the a model is too simple. thanks for the time to help.

qas

thanks for replying. The throttle works full range-I have noticed the power drops off after pulling throttle back. if i leave it untouched speed stays ok. I think I will end up buying the a10c-the a model is too simple. thanks for the time to help.

qas

For what its worth... if your power drops after pulling throttle back as you said it does... then it’s working perfectly :)

Hi everyone.

Just bought the dcs world and lamming cliff 3.

Can you please advise and help with following few issues.

1 How can I lock the maverick on any target. ie in free flight I would like to target a building -i can

steer the target designator but I do not know how to lock the maverick to it-pressing 'enter'

does

nothing.

I am locking target with the easy options-how can I lock targets manually-I cannot get the close

magnification. I do not see any key commands.

2 I keep on loosing speed in flight with throttle fully pushed out.

Many thanks.looking forward to your help.

Qas

The A10A flight model is PFM, that means is as detailed as the A10C one. The main difference between both is the avionics model.

On the A version, the Maverick is as simple as select, point and lock. The Maverick autolocks on any target if you set the cross close enough. You can force a lock with the "lock target" button on the controls.

You have to consider that the whole maverick lock system is not simulated. The maverick locks on unit or structure "tags" it doesn't have into account real constrast differences as the real thing. It is possible that the building you want to lock doesn't have any tag so the system can't see it.

Concerning losing speed, well, if you have 6X mavericks and some CBU cluster bombs, the A10A (or the C for that matter) is not famous for its power to weight ratio. There is a reason real life loadouts include only 2 mavericks and 4 bombs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A-10A cannot lock onto buildings or specific contrasts, only on units. It's pretty simple, if you want more complex Maverick features like force correlate then you should pick up the A-10C.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD