No Comms with F-14

bonesvf103

After the patch yesterday, when I fly either the F-14 instant action Supercarrier Case I Caucuses CVN-73 mission or the Persian Gulf CVN-72 one, I hit check in and there is no response at all from Marshall, no matter how many times I call them.

Anyone else get this?

v6,

boNesa

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Briefing said Tower was 127.5, both my radio in the front and Jester's radio was tuned to 127.5.

<shrug>

Maybe today's DCS update will fix that...?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

same issue was flying on a server that had both Boats, SC and standard. They had the SC on 126.5 and could not get any comms. Thought maybe it was a comms issue with the server but was able to get it in the 18.

You can't dial any lower than 225 on pilot radio.

You can do it in the front cockpit. You can also have Jester do it in the rear cockpit.

This is the stock instant action mission. They specify tower freq as 127.5 in the briefing.

v6,

boNes

You can tune from 225 MHz to 399.75 MHz on the arc-159, which is the radio in the front seat.

You can have Jester do it, but he will only tune the -182 for you.

If I'm wrong, tell me how to do it, it shouldn't be possible.

I'm not saying this explains your issue though. I failed to get in contact with Stennis the other day, but I thought the briefed frequency was incorrect.

I'm having a similar comm problem in the F-14, but only on the second approach. I'm flying the instant action mission with easy-comm enabled. On the first recovery everything works great. I land then take off again and call "Inbound". I am told to call "See you at 10", which I do almost immediately. Then I'm told to switch to tower, and the towers tells me "You signal is Charlie". I fly the rest of the approach, and when lined up on final, open the comm menu to call the ball, but the menu option is missing. The only option is "See you at 10". The LSO still talks to me, though, and grades my landing.