Air Boss

joojoo

Hey to all

As I remember before prerelease period, there should be a feature that Air Boss made some anouncements via speakers in the flight deck during flight ops. Of course it does not make a significant sense but it put some more detail.

Thanx

I believe this is still coming, looking forward to it myself. count em out and count em back in.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Only really makes sense if cyclic ops are implemented, as the Airboss announces that aircraft are cleared to start engines over the P.A.

At some point in a newsletter it was mentioned that 5MC comms would be included as one of the features, so maybe it's going to be a function available once the airboss station comes...

I'm building a mission that I'd dearly like to begin with a 5MC announcement, but my wingman still starts as soon as we spawn in. It ruins the effect of the safety brief if there's a jet already starting up while the Air Boss is talking...I feel like any self-respecting Air Boss would stop in the middle of the brief and boom, "WHO'S ALREADY STARTING ENGINES? THREE ZERO SEVEN??? VFA-15, CALL YOUR SDO AND GET A NEW PILOT IN THREE ZERO SEVEN...NOW! PLANE CAPTAIN FOR THREE ZERO SEVEN, SHUT DOWN THAT JET, GO GET YOUR CHIEF, AND THE TWO OF YOU COME SEE ME IN PRIFLY..."

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

I'm doing it manually by adding a trigger at the start of the mission that plays the sound, but it would be nice to have it as a feature, so that when crew switches from launch to recovery or viceversa we could get the proper 5MC calls on deck.

I'm doing it manually by adding a trigger at the start of the mission that plays the sound, but it would be nice to have it as a feature, so that when crew switches from launch to recovery or viceversa we could get the proper 5MC calls on deck.

What sound file do you have and can I get a copy please?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]