Supercarrier not installing

MikePotten

Hi, SC became available of my system a couple nights ago and I ran the install in the usual manner but nothing appears, no new carriers in the Mission Editor, no new static equip or personnel. I've uninstalled and re-installed still nothing. I do get the SC icon on the desktop alongside all the aircraft and the desktop image part works but that's all and the instant action feature doesn't work either.

I am running Open Beta 2.5.6, which the product states is the min.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, can't see anyone else reporting same.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Can anyone point me in the right direction, can't see anyone else reporting same.

Not enough info to venture a diagnostic, can you please attach your dcs.log file (zip it first) to gather more clues?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It didn't install automatically for me I had to start DCS World, go into the module manager and hit REFRESH down at the bottom. Then it "found" it and asked to restart to download it. After that no problems. Hope this helps.

Hi, SC became available of my system a couple nights ago [snip]

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi guys, running the OpenBeta latest updated seemed to fix whatever the problem was but my thanks to you both for taking the time and interest to respond.

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm having the same problem.

Started DCS, saw the available download in the module manager, selected it, download started and finished (305 MB), restarted DCS and went to Supercarrier icon, but can't select instant action , only wallpaper.

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still no joy.

Same here bught it via steam, doesn't show up in game ... but the steam version doen't show a module manager.

Edited by Buzzer1977

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

I'm having the same problem.

Started DCS, saw the available download in the module manager, selected it, download started and finished (305 MB), restarted DCS and went to Supercarrier icon, but can't select instant action , only wallpaper.

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still no joy.

As far as I'm aware, there is no Instant Action missions available yet.

Select Missions on the right side of the screen, then select the Hornet or Tomcat and look carefully for the missions prefaced with Supercarrier. Or jump into the mission editor and make your own.

Edited by norman99

Still no joy. Manually installed latest version tonight after doing a repair & clean-up (The two commands from the CMD while in the bin folder. No Super Carrier Missions in Caucasus for the F/A 18. I do not own Persian Gulf. Just a real strange deal. Any add'l thoughts?

Hi, SC became available of my system a couple nights ago and I ran the install in the usual manner but nothing appears, no new carriers in the Mission Editor, no new static equip or personnel. I've uninstalled and re-installed still nothing. I do get the SC icon on the desktop alongside all the aircraft and the desktop image part works but that's all and the instant action feature doesn't work either.

Thanks in advance

Mike

same exact thing for me

Same here bught it via steam, doesn't show up in game ... but the steam version doen't show a module manager.

Solved by deinstalling and reinstalling DCS ... 60 something GB took some time but it was worth it ....

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

Solved by deinstalling and reinstalling DCS ... 60 something GB took some time but it was worth it ....

i wouldn't even know how to go about that. certain terrains and planes were purchased back when serial #'s were required. So i have a combination of the old and new and so would I need to find keys from purchases like the A10C, Normandy, etc.? or would i not have to worry about it, un-install everything, and re-install and it will pick everything up? I also have mods like Helios and certain files had to be modified for dim text, line texturing, etc. Or would the following be an option, Uninstall DCS, re-install DCS, then restore my OpenBeta folder from a backup? Then find keys from previous purchases, re-invoke those, then download all the planes and terrains on top of all of that? thanks for any suggestions!!

Saludos

Hello, happen to me, get me error, you must need Re install the game again, solved problem, I love the Super Carrier, thank alot Eagle Dynamic, amazing amazing :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Minimum Requirements I have

AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.40 GHz, 16gb Ram, Sapphire HD 6950 2gb, Windonws 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Modules: FC3 - F18 - F16C - AV-8B - Persian Gulf - Super Carrier -

Edited by Alf.Snake

Hello, happen to me, get me error, you must need Re install the game again, solved problem, I love the Super Carrier, thank alot Eagle Dynamic, amazing amazing :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have the same problem but I'm sure not reinstalling everything

Marc..