Super Carrier Template

Kayos

Has anyone made a Super Carrier Template in the mission editor yet that they would like to share?

I just spent 30 minutes creating one and then as I placed a F-14 and the game crashed :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you want i can share Gulf and Caucaso template, but i dont know how it impact your frame rate.

i also done parate template.

I for one would be interested in those templates. They look splendid.

I must be missing something, I tired this morning to create one and when I went to place the aircraft in what looked to be neutral positions the kept snapping to the center of the deck even though I assigned them to the carrier. Am I missing something? Also I can't find the checkbox for "Off Set Position. What am I missing?

Can you just copy it out of one mission and past it into another?

I don't think that is possible.

But that is my problem. If I have an existing mission and I want to place the SC with all personnel, equipment and statics in it. How do I go about it? Or do I need to place every time every crew member on deck?

I must be missing something, I tired this morning to create one and when I went to place the aircraft in what looked to be neutral positions the kept snapping to the center of the deck even though I assigned them to the carrier. Am I missing something? Also I can't find the checkbox for "Off Set Position. What am I missing?

Copypasting static units that are linked to a parent (e.g. the CVN) is broken atm, it snaps them to the center.

Either drag them from there (semi-good) or copypaste a lot of unlinked statics, move them to their places and link them when you are happy with their position, they are still moveable afterwards, too.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I don't think that is possible.

But that is my problem. If I have an existing mission and I want to place the SC with all personnel, equipment and statics in it. How do I go about it? Or do I need to place every time every crew member on deck?

Just watch Wags' video he made on how to do this.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Can you just copy it out of one mission and past it into another?

I think that is the purpose of a template. You create it after selecting all items that should belong to it and then save it. Next time you open the editor, you can place the template anywhere on the map. The problem is that this supercarrier has a lot of units o it that all need to be selected so that they can be saved as a template. It is a lot of work and it would be nice if we could share these templates between us.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Repeat request...

I can appreciate the amount of work it takes to populate and make all the radar and radio connections to get a Supercarrier up and running. I have started into doing one, it is not easy! Then getting you plane to hook into the carrier and communicate while going 400mph....WOW. Repeating my request... where are the DCS installed Supercarrier missions kept? I can use them as my template and not ask someone for their templates. Thank you!

I can appreciate the amount of work it takes to populate and make all the radar and radio connections to get a Supercarrier up and running. I have started into doing one, it is not easy! Then getting you plane to hook into the carrier and communicate while going 400mph....WOW. Repeating my request... where are the DCS installed Supercarrier missions kept? I can use them as my template and not ask someone for their templates. Thank you!

for tomcat --> instant action

for hornet --> mission - choose F-18 from the left side - browse the list for "Super Carrier" named missions

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Here's a mission I created that works quite well on my machine, using USS Lincoln on the Caucasus map. The ship has some static objects for eye candy; couple of parked Hornets back aft, a parked SH-60 near the island, the crane aft of the island, a nearby tug, two LSO's at their station, and the fire cart up forward by cat 1. The deck is empty otherwise so you can put whatever aircraft you fly onboard.

For active objects, there is a rescue SH-60 flying parallel with Lincoln just off the starboard side at 250 feet. There's a Perry class trailing at four miles. A Ticonderoga 1.5 miles off the starboard beam, and an Arleigh Burke at 1 mile from the port beam. There's another Arleigh Burke 7 miles ahead of the carrier.

The groups course is 305 @ 25 kts. Lincoln's TACAN is 72X and reports as ABE in your HUD. ICLS channel 1. Comms are on 127.5 AM.

Hope you guys find this useful :)

EDIT: This is not a template, just a mission I created. I am in the process of creating SC templates and will upload them as soon as I finish them.

SC template.miz

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Diesel_Thunder….THANKS!!!!!!!!

You're welcome :)

I'll be ordering a new SSD come payday (current SSD nearly full), at which point I'll be able to download the NTTR and Persian Gulf maps. I'll make a template for PG when I do. And the Marianas map whenever it comes out.

Bet I could make a template for NTTR as well, but I doubt that the carrier could go far at 25 kts on Lake Mead! :megalol:

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Here's a template I created that works quite well on my machine, using USS Lincoln on the Caucasus map. The ship has some static objects for eye candy; couple of parked Hornets back aft, a parked SH-60 near the island, the crane aft of the island, a nearby tug, two LSO's at their station, and the fire cart up forward by cat 1. The deck is empty otherwise so you can put whatever aircraft you fly onboard.

For active objects, there is a rescue SH-60 flying parallel with Lincoln just off the starboard side at 250 feet. There's a Perry class trailing at four miles. A Ticonderoga 1.5 miles off the starboard beam, and an Arleigh Burke at 1 mile from the port beam. There's another Arleigh Burke 7 miles ahead of the carrier.

The groups course is 305 @ 25 kts. Lincoln's TACAN is 72X and reports as ABE in your HUD. ICLS channel 1. Comms are on 127.5 AM.

Hope you guys find this useful :)

Diesel_thunder, this looks like a Mission file, not a Template. I thought you where talking about creating a template. That is the icon in the editor that looks like a stamp. The benefit is, that you can insert it in any existing mission, independent of the map.

Anybody who wants to use your „template“ has to load you mission and can no longer change the map.

Is that correct?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Diesel_thunder, this looks like a Mission file, not a Template. I thought you where talking about creating a template. That is the icon in the editor that looks like a stamp. The benefit is, that you can insert it in any existing mission, independent of the map.

Anybody who wants to use your „template“ has to load you mission and can no longer change the map.

Is that correct?

Oh, I see. I'm still a bit new at this. I did create a mission, instead of a template.

I'll see if I can fix that and upload it later this morning. :pilotfly:

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Is that correct?

Can it be done? You would have a template combining groups and statics. Is that possible?

The problem with a template is, that you need to select every unit that you want to save. On the carrier there are sometimes units on top of each other , which makes it impossible to select all.

Can it be done? You would have a template combining groups and statics. Is that possible?

Hm, not sure.