Night Harrier OP lighting

Stump [JOW]

2. The slider idea was for you to determine how much the brightness will be reduced when you activate the night switch; 10, 20, 60% of set value. You don't like it, then it is not going to happen.

OK that makes sense and seems like a good idea. :thumbup:

Maybe pass back the feedback that the Slider is a very poor concept/solution and that the community is hostile as such. A slider would not allow to fly the harrier with changing light levels (that is unless we are meant to fly it middle of the day only). Seriously the MFD brightness buttons need to actually work.

Notice in the picture Zues posted there is no EHSD map showing, which is a concern as this is what is part of the problem as the map looks washed out and cannot be read.

HUD night flir no reference.

Can you confirm that as community manager this has been passed on?

As for PM a dev if we have questions, isn't that the whole concept of a community manager to liaise to actually allow the dev team to get on with their work, as in your role @Decoy.

Thanks

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Hello folks.

Please allow me to explain:

1. The Night/Day switch in the MPCD is working. If you set it to night, it reduces display brightness to 60% of current value.

2. The slider idea was for you to determine how much the brightness will be reduced when you activate the night switch; 10, 20, 60% of set value. You don't like it, then it is not going to happen.

Also, we are looking into other causes that may be affecting the brightness when the night switch is active.

Any chance of the brightness knobs actually functioning as expected? Not only in terms of click interaction, but function?

This works on the A-10C for example.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Thought I'd quickly chime in here as I thought the MFD day/night buttons were broken as well. To everyone reading this PRESS RIGHT CLICK ON THE DAY/NIGHT MFD BUTTON. I thought that it was broken because I was left clicking on the night part and nothing was happening. Zeus maybe this could be implemented better seeing as everyone thought this was broken?

Also at the moment the day/night buttons only affect the symbology. The moving map is not affected by any brightness settings including the rotary dial. (Tested on Openbeta Night Training Missions)

Luke, thank you very much for this! I thought that the day/night buttons were not functioning, too!

• 3 weeks later...

To answer the OP's question... I will use the flir on hud at night (flying through mountains and such - doesn't work so well over ocean). This allows me to work with ampcds and whatever else in the cockpit. If I'm in dangerous terrain and need to make a sharp turn to left or right, flip on nvgs to look to side and make sure it's safe to turn that direction. When straightened again, off go the nvgs and back to flir on hud.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk