AH-1W

209GREEN

Who is willing to design AH-1W by RAZBAM?(This one of most successful helicopter in the world , fight in afghnistan, iran iraq war , desert storm ,vietnam and ...)

Please put it in line.:pilotfly:

System : i7 7700HQ , 1050ti , 16GB RAM , 256 SSD , HTC VIVE VR

Whishlist : AH-1W , F-4E/D , CH-47 ,AH-64D

ED is already working on an AH-1, not sure which model as I have heard everything from S to W but ED is working on one already.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1690147&postcount=469

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

The problem for us is that the AH-1 designation is fairly shady, as someone explained it in a thread there.

And what I recall, we were first to get the G, then W, and now we are likely getting something that was TOW capable and had 20mm cannon, but that's it.

Even the 20mm cannon was a uncertain.

More information on some of the threads about it, that I don't have link to now.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It will be the AH-1S (or the AH-1F which were the designation in the US ARMY - the one with the flat canopy glass).

Look at this post about the F/A-18. At the end of the post there is a news that Belsimtek is now a part of ED and also the information about the modules that will come next.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3510410&postcount=144

In my opinion the AH-1F is the most interesting Cobra ever built and it would be a nice counterpart to the MI-24 (which is also in production now), cause they were both the only real active attack helicopter for a long period of time during the cold war. The F-version Cobra was the workhorse of the Army till the A-version Apache arrived.

It's also the most aggressive nice looking attack helo ever :D

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

It will be the AH-1S (or the AH-1F which were the designation in the US ARMY - the one with the flat canopy glass).

Look at this post about the F/A-18. At the end of the post there is a news that Belsimtek is now a part of ED and also the information about the modules that will come next.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3510410&postcount=144

In my opinion the AH-1F is the most interesting Cobra ever built and it would be a nice counterpart to the MI-24 (which is also in production now), cause they were both the only real active attack helicopter for a long period of time during the cold war. The F-version Cobra was the workhorse of the Army till the A-version Apache arrived.

It's also the most aggressive nice looking attack helo ever :D

I disagree, I think the ah1w is much more interesting as that was not just the usmc workhorse but thier prime attack helo up until 2011 when the ah1z viper started entering service. IT still remained in frontline service until end of 2016 until enough ah1z came around to replace them.

As such the ah1w received more upgrades. Has better all weather targeting system, hellfire missiles, and embedded ins/ GPS (aka EGI) as well as a better countermeasures suite, utilizing an/ale 39 cm dispenser

System from the f18 horent. Furthermore the ah1w has self defense against aviation assets as it can mount aim9's, an well as utilize agm122 sidearm anti radiation missiles to self protect against radar based air defenses.

The ah1f quickly began falling out of relevance after the gulf war, and the last ah1f squadron was retired from ang in 2001, and since the army had the apache as well as due to limited airframe potential of received very few incremental updates after the cold war

All in all the ah1w has a far wider range of scenarios it can be placed in than the ah1f despite being only a couple years apart in service entry, whilst still being an older helicopter design that still gives the classic huey esque thump ( due to twin rotors) and a nostalgic feel. Add to that it would complement the carrier deck of a wasp class, amphibious assault ship sharing the deck with harriers.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

IT still remained in frontline service until end of 2016 until enough ah1z came around to replace them.

AH-1W is still in service? HMLA-775 "Coyotes" are currently in Cold Lake Alberta for exercise Sentinel Edge and are flying UH-1Y Venom and AH-1W Super Cobra Helicopters.

AH-1W is still in service? HMLA-775 "Coyotes" are currently in Cold Lake Alberta for exercise Sentinel Edge and are flying UH-1Y Venom and AH-1W Super Cobra Helicopters.

Keyword i used was "frontline Service" to further elabtorate IE active duty units.

HMLA-775 is a reservist squadron.

According to various media sources the last remaining ah1w cobra which was part of a training squadron 303 left for the boneyard in 2018, meaning that there will be no more slots open to train any more pilots on the Whiskey. All Active duty Usmc attack helicopter fleet are now all ah1z vipers, leaving sizeable amounts of Ah1W to be available to be sold off.

Any airworthy remaining ah1w that have so far been retired are set to be sold off if there are any willing buyers.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17810/pentagon-to-sell-off-its-ah-1w-super-cobra-attack-helicopter-fleet

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/3rd-maw-bids-farewell-iconic-ah-1w-super-cobra/

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I disagree, I think the ah1w is much more interesting as that was not just the usmc workhorse but thier prime attack helo up until 2011 when the ah1z viper started entering service. IT still remained in frontline service until end of 2016 until enough ah1z came around to replace them.

As such the ah1w recieved more upgrades. Has better all weather targeting system, hellfire missiles, and embedded ins/ GPS (aka EGI) as well as a better countermeasures suite, utilizing an/ale 39 cm dispenser

System from the f18 horent. Furthermore the ah1w has self defense against aviation assets as it can mount aim9's, an well as utilize agm122 sidearm anti radiation missiles to self protect against radar based air defenses.

The ah1f quickly began falling out of relevance after the gulf war, and the last ah1f squadron was retired from ang in 2001, and since the army had the apache as well as due to limited airframe potential of received very few incremental updates after the cold war

All in all the ah1w has a far wider range of scenarios it can be placed in than the ah1f despite being only a couple years apart in service entry, whilst still being an older helicopter design that still gives the classic huey esque thump ( due to twin rotors) and a nostalgic feel. Add to that it would complement the carrier deck of a wasp class, amphibious assault ship sharing the deck with harriers.

I think S or F is what we are getting. I'd rather have the W, but given the various comments I do think its the S or F. As long as I get thermals, a gunner, and an RWR I'm ok with that ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think S or F is what we are getting. I'd rather have the W, but given the various comments I do think its the S or F. As long as I get thermals, a gunner, and an RWR I'm ok with that ;)

This is the Razbam section though, they certainly aren't doing AH1S or F version ;)

Besides things are subject to change At first speculated to be AH1G, then said to be Ah1W before being changed to AH1S, and then Aah1F. Also ED hasn't started development on any Cobra variant. These are merely plans ATM. So here's hoping we get a another change.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I am pretty sure we will get stuck with an S or F.

That said I'm pretty much not going to buy it if it is not a modern attack chopper.

Good for the Vietnam fans but I'll hold out for an AH-64A or above.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I am pretty sure we will get stuck with an S or F.

That said I'm pretty much not going to buy it if it is not a modern attack chopper.

Good for the Vietnam fans but I'll hold out for an AH-64A or above.

AH1S and Ah1F are both post vietnam

Especially if its AH1S modernized stage 3 ( or what became re-designated as AH1F 1988+) is basically a very late cold war vehicle that didnt see its first combat use until 91 gulf war, which is also Ah1W's combat debut, but isnt as capable as AH1W or AH64A. Namely lack of AGM114 among other things

Even then within the Ah1F 1988+ depending on time period also vary what additional features we can get. IE post cold war better RWR , more modern TOW's ( like TOW 2B for top down attack capability) or GPS Trimpack ( A simple GPS receiver), and the fact that some AH1F's were modded with CNITe intergrated for M65 optical system, giving FLIR , allowing all weather engagement capability.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I think W is a lot better. There are many more capabilities than S, such as Tow and Hellfire.

Iran also used its J-model in the war with Iraq, which is a long-standing record. They also installed the Maverick missile on it . Most importantly, Iran has used the missile in a real war

There is also a history of using it in the Desert storm and Afghanistan Wars and it has new experience in using a helicopter from a warship.

Edited by 209GREEN

Did RAZBAM stated they will do an attack helicopter or an AH-1 or is it just a request ?

And well I think if RAZBAM had to make a variant of the AH-1, they'll wait for ED to release their own (since ED already said they wanted to make a AH-1 a while ago) and make another variant, and I doubt that we will get both S and F as they are close to each other, so if ED for example make the S or F, RAZBAM might do the W as they are different enough.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Did RAZBAM stated they will do an attack helicopter or an AH-1 or is it just a request ?

And well I think if RAZBAM had to make a variant of the AH-1, they'll wait for ED to release their own (since ED already said they wanted to make a AH-1 a while ago) and make another variant, and I doubt that we will get both S and F as they are close to each other, so if ED for example make the S or F, RAZBAM might do the W as they are different enough.

It started as a request. Belsimtek/ED are doing the S/F version as a companion to the Mi24V they are doing.

I also think Razbam already has something like 3 other modules in the works mig23/tucano/F15E so maaaybe after those. But honestly I'd rather they something like a full fidelity cuban mig29...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Especially if its AH1S modernized stage 3 ( or what became re-designated as AH1F 1988+) is basically a very late cold war vehicle that didnt see its first combat use until 91 gulf war, which is also Ah1W's combat debut, but isnt as capable as AH1W or AH64A. Namely lack of AGM114 among other things

Even then within the Ah1F 1988+ depending on time period also vary what additional features we can get. IE post cold war better RWR , more modern TOW's ( like TOW 2B for top down attack capability) or GPS Trimpack ( A simple GPS receiver), and the fact that some AH1F's were modded with CNITe intergrated for M65 optical system, giving FLIR , allowing all weather engagement capability.

Yup, I'd be pretty happy with an F model. But yeah, apache would be even cooler. I also think people need to realign their expectations on modern attack helos. The KA-50 we have is like a 90's "trial" version, and realistically an F model cobra would be superior to it in some respects. I doubt we see anything much more modern than A model apache either.

Frankly I'd be much more happy if they fixed things like sniper tanks/APC's and how the AI deals with different types of threats, and low level radar guided sam issues as the currently exist and are modeled in game. But thats ED not Raz...

Edited by Harlikwin

Yup, I'd be pretty happy with an F model. But yeah, apache would be even cooler. I also think people need to realign their expectations on modern attack helos. The KA-50 we have is like a 90's "trial" version, and realistically an F model cobra would be superior to it in some respects. I doubt we see anything much more modern than A model apache either.

Frankly I'd be much more happy if they fixed things like sniper tanks/APC's and how the AI deals with different types of threats, and low level radar guided sam issues as the currently exist and are modeled in game. But thats ED not Raz...

Maybe reduced workload due to being multircrew. Otherwise i dont think so. Ka50 better in basically superior most regards. Newer helicopter design, more modern missiles, and pretty modern avionics for a mid 90s "trial" or early production aircraft,. Th Navigation suite in particular stands out. I think the only thing that would have stood out as being more advanced would have been the AH64D but that entered service a few years afterwords.

You also have to remember how many years ago original KA50 was released. What was not possible back in 2008 might be feasible today in 2019

IN all honesty the biggest change with more modern helos comparative to Ah64A or Ah1W with post production upgrades are the electronics related to pilot user interface. Glass cockpits ( multi function displays), and HOCAS ( Hands on Collective and Stick), essentially the Rotary equivalent of HOTAS. Granted there is more but these are the two biggest things.

WE have a F/A18 Hornet. Ah64D and Ah1Z would basically be rotary equivalents of the sort of avionics you have on late gen 4 fixed wing aircraft. I wouldnt discredit the possibility of an AH64D block 1 circa Late 90s-, or an early block 2 circa 2002-2003. Maybe even an "trial" version of Ah1Z could happen, because depite the newer date, its actually less advanced in certain areas, but more intuitive in others to the Ah64D ( no radar, no Radar based hellfires, no datalink, simpler map modes), like larger more colourfullMFD's and a more friendly pilot software interface.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I am well aware of the AH-1 platform and it's variants.

Jtcmn1R.png

WE have a F/A18 Hornet. Ah64D and Ah1Z would basically be rotary equivalents of the sort of avionics you have on late gen 4 fixed wing aircraft. I wouldnt discredit the possibility of an AH64D block 1 circa Late 90s-, or an early block 2 circa 2002-2003. Maybe even an "trial" version of Ah1Z could happen, because depite the newer date, its actually less advanced in certain areas, but more intuitive in others to the Ah64D ( no radar, no Radar based hellfires, no datalink, simpler map modes), like larger more colourfullMFD's and a more friendly pilot software interface.

No way we are getting an AH-1Z. The Navy would not allow it, I am pretty sure they wouldn't have allowed the W either but that may be outdated info now, either way I'll probably end up disappointed so I am not going to get my hopes up. AH-64D may be possible, I am pretty sure ED is doing one for TBS if their website isn't just BS. At the very least I expect to eventually get an AH-64A Blk.49A

Also I'd take a UH-1Y Venom over anything less than an AH-1W.

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12

It's like nobody's happy! We ask you to publish both S and W!

Again, the use of a helicopter on a ship is a very new experience! We've never had an ED!

In addition, the use of the Hellfire missile will be very good news.

More speed and maneuverability, the use of rwr for the first time on a helicopter on the ED and a lot more features tells us that the W is better!

It's like nobody's happy! We ask you to publish both S and W!

Edited by 209GREEN

Maybe reduced workload due to being multircrew. Otherwise i dont think so. Ka50 better in basically superior most regards. Newer helicopter design, more modern missiles, and pretty modern avionics for a mid 90s "trial" or early production aircraft,. Th Navigation suite in particular stands out. I think the only thing that would have stood out as being more advanced would have been the AH64D but that entered service a few years afterwords.

You also have to remember how many years ago original KA50 was released. What was not possible back in 2008 might be feasible today in 2019

IN all honesty the biggest change with more modern helos comparative to Ah64A or Ah1W with post production upgrades are the electronics related to pilot user interface. Glass cockpits ( multi function displays), and HOCAS ( Hands on Collective and Stick), essentially the Rotary equivalent of HOTAS. Granted there is more but these are the two biggest things.

The F model had a thermal sight. Plus a RWR. Plus the guy in front calling out targets and threats. Those three things put it above the KA50 for me. Of course now our upgraded KA50 gets some sort of missile approach system, and iglas. So there is that. The KA-50 definitely was more modern, but the version we have seems to have been designed for use in lower threat environments.

The F model had a thermal sight. Plus a RWR. Plus the guy in front calling out targets and threats. Those three things put it above the KA50 for me. Of course now our upgraded KA50 gets some sort of missile approach system, and iglas. So there is that. The KA-50 definitely was more modern, but the version we have seems to have been designed for use in lower threat environments.

FYI Not all F models had thermal sights. ( hopefully we do get CNITE)

In any case , Ah1F's use in a contested environment is arguably more lacking, because TOW's don't have sufficient standoff range. Ah1F has no Hellfires. laser guided munitions which also have the benefit of being able to be designated by 3rd party; either JTAC on the ground or another aircraft in the skies. And its CM suite isnt as good as you think, just because it has a RWR. Ah1F would be relying only on AN/ALQ144 IR jammer to spoof IR missiles. It doesn't have flares. IT only uses a single M130 Chaff dispenser set which is manually operated and has not semi automatic or Automatic programming.

IN comparison the Ah1W CM suite is better because it still has AN/ALQ 144 IR jammer but also uses AN/AlE 39 CM set from F/A18 hornet that has both flares & chaff, and various programming modes. If your looking at a early to mid 2000s version you also have a laser & missile warning system integrated now ( if you fly the A10C you see how useful that feature is) . The Ah1W is the Cobra that can actually want operate in a contested environment. Not to mention it will have Aim9's for self defense. Ah1F does not meaning, that KA50's with thier IGLAS or even Mi24's ( some versions had R60s) are going going to have the potential to shoot you down.

The max range of TOW's are 3.75km. ( limited due to wire length)

Vikhirs fly to 10km. Not to mention you can equip a vaster quantity of them than you can carrying TOW's.

K25ML range up to 11KM out ranging even the Hellfire missiles which have a max range of 8km.

That means that Relative to Ka50, that AH1F will always have to get much closer to target,and thus be more vulnerable at getting shot at either by gun based air defences, or Armored vehicles own defenses ( Bmp2's or T72B/T80/T90s can shoot AGTM's at you if you are within 4km or less). The AH1F is very fragile helicopter that can't handle taking even hits small arms fire . Ah1F has inferior redundancy due to having only twin rotors, and a single engine.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I am well aware of the AH-1 platform and it's variants.

Jtcmn1R.png

No way we are getting an AH-1Z. The Navy would not allow it, I am pretty sure they wouldn't have allowed the W either but that may be outdated info now, either way I'll probably end up disappointed so I am not going to get my hopes up. AH-64D may be possible, I am pretty sure ED is doing one for TBS if their website isn't just BS. At the very least I expect to eventually get an AH-64A Blk.49A

Also I'd take a UH-1Y Venom over anything less than an AH-1W.

The US military isn't really concerned with vehicle type being simulated, but rather the means of how information was acquired. IF you can legally aquire the technical documentation, or simply estimate its functions from various open sourced material, there is no problem. Otherwise there wouldn't be a 3rd party made F35A in that 3 lettered simulator available on the consumer market thats owned by Lockheed Martin.

A Pre series AH1Z manual from 2008 has a lower restriction rating of "C" ( not export restricted like "D" level) than AH64D revised manuals post 2003 have. Only 2003 and earlier revisions retain the lower C rating. This is the same level of restriction rating you will find on Hornet and Viper manuals. that ED used for these modules. you have to remember that the Ah1Z didnt enter IOC until end of 2010/ early 2011. So having a Pre series AH1Z would reflection of what ED with Ka50.

Ah1Z, (at least pre series) It is less advanced than the Longbow from early to mid 2000s, it just has more modern displays and newer User Interface along with a Missile warning system, and with having a JHMCS contempoary helmet visor integration instead of a monacle piece that Apache has. Otherwise by in large the Longbow despite its earlier introduction date is more advanced helicopter. Datalinks, more advanced navigation suite, AGM78 radar, and associated AGM114L etc.

THe Ah1W should especially be realsitic to expect, as its been withdrawn from active duty service last year. Only a few reaming reserve attack helicopter squadrons have it and is set to be entirely retired by 2020. Like any aircraft no ones saying it has to be a 2018 era Whiskey, but utilizing information from older revision dates. just like ED did for Hornet ( circa 2005) or is currently doing for the Viper, ( circa 2007)

SHort answer: the Ah1W is basically a contemporary to the avionics found in AH64A, however as an air frame the Ah64A is still the more modern design. Either way Both Ah1W and AH64A are largely obsolete by today's standards.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

FYI Not all F models had thermal sights. ( hopefully we do get CNITE)

In any case , Ah1F's use in a contested environment is arguably more lacking, because TOW's don't have sufficient standoff range. Ah1F has no Hellfires. laser guided munitions which also have the benefit of being able to be designated by 3rd party; either JTAC on the ground or another aircraft in the skies. And its CM suite isnt as good as you think, just because it has a RWR. Ah1F would be relying only on AN/ALQ144 IR jammer to spoof IR missiles. It doesn't have flares. IT only uses a single M130 Chaff dispenser set which is manually operated and has not semi automatic or Automatic programming.

IN comparison the Ah1W CM suite is better because it still has AN/ALQ 144 IR jammer but also uses AN/AlE 39 CM set from F/A18 hornet that has both flares & chaff, and various programming modes. If your looking at a early to mid 2000s version you also have a laser & missile warning system integrated now ( if you fly the A10C you see how useful that feature is) . The Ah1W is the Cobra that can actually want operate in a contested environment. Not to mention it will have Aim9's for self defense. Ah1F does not meaning, that KA50's with thier IGLAS or even Mi24's ( some versions had R60s) are going going to have the potential to shoot you down.

The max range of TOW's are 3.75km. ( limited due to wire length)

Vikhirs fly to 10km. Not to mention you can equip a vaster quantity of them than you can carrying TOW's.

K25ML range up to 11KM out ranging even the Hellfire missiles which have a max range of 8km.

That means that Relative to Ka50, that AH1F will always have to get much closer to target,and thus be more vulnerable at getting shot at either by gun based air defences, or Armored vehicles own defenses ( Bmp2's or T72B/T80/T90s can shoot AGTM's at you if you are within 4km or less). The AH1F is very fragile helicopter that can't handle taking even hits small arms fire . Ah1F has inferior redundancy due to having only twin rotors, and a single engine.

I'm not saying the ka50 wasn't the better bird. I was designed 30 years later or so.

The F manual I have states it has thermals and the ALE39 RWR. But you are totally right about the tow not having the same range, and it carried fewer.

Also I think the DCS tanks are way overmodeled. But that's a whole other issue.