Why does RAZBAM ignore the sound quality of their modules?

112th_Rossi

It seems Razbam's audio department is somewhat understaffed, yeah. Also, the weird Harrier engine noise, which looks like it was taken without changes from a (bad) sound mod, which in turn copied it directly from a video.

Also, there's one more thing they're missing: module soundtracks. 🙂 Every other dev packages on cool music track with their aircraft. As much as I'd love to use their wallpapers, I don't like the default DCS theme very much. 🙂 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 2/16/2021 at 1:02 AM, Worg said:
The exterior sound of the Mirage is old, it dates from the release of the module.
Much progress has been made since in terms of sound ... F18-F16 ... ect ..
I only speak for the 2000 because I do not own any other Razbam modules.
But the exterior sounds need to have an upgrade .... Really.
With the help of the Air Force I think new sounds can be captured, there is no classification story, it is only sounds.
The 2000D and Rafale fly over my home, and each plane is unique in terms of sound.
Please update 2000 for our ears.
Thank you to all the team for your work.

What you said...

I just now listened to the Mirage as I was watching one of my replays, in which it seems to suffer from the same exterior sound issues as the Harrier. Even in full burner you could hear what sounded like a high pitched vacuum flying overhead. This seems to be a symptom in all the Razbam modules, only one I haven't heard was the Mig-19. Belsimtek, and Eagle Dynamics really nail the sound on the head. I will literally not play a module if it sounds like what Razbam puts out, I have the Harrier, will not fly it, and definitely will not buy another module from them until they implement a sound design worth it, everything else they do is awesome. DCS is about immersion, if you think otherwise, I'd like to know why you play this simulator. 

Good question. Although they have already improved the standard sound on the Mirage. There are also very good sound mods for the M2k. Personally, I can live well with that. But when it comes to the Harrier, I feel the same way: when it comes to sound, it's an immersion killer! I can't do anything about it and have uninstalled it from my hard drive until further notice. But as far as I can tell, Razbam wants to focus on the Harrier module again in the middle of the year (currently the focus is on the F-15. And they've done a very good job with it. You have to give Razbam that too). Hopefully something will happen again with the Harrier.

Edited by kotor633

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!