Resetting launch crew - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 06:37 PM   #21
zildac

Sometimes it seems you have to circle and reapproach the lowered JBD then "request launch" and the guys wake up.
zildac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:37 PM   #22
Lange_666

Send a message via ICQ to Lange_666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
I’ve found that although I press “request Launch” after a successful landing the crew all run back to there launch positions but will not guide me back to the cat?...Any ideas on that?
I guess you have to pass the sweet spot for them to start "working".
If i land, unhook and then look at the crew at Cat 2 and 1, they are there but not on their position to do their job for you to take-off.
Then i issue an "Request Launch" via the GroundCrew menu and they move to the their start position for launch (both Cat 1 en 2 crews).
If i then taxi (on my own, ATC is a sleep these days) past Cat 2, one of the yellow shirts starts waving to guide me onto his catapult.
But i'm not interrested in CAT 2 but want to go to CAT 1 so i taxi by CAT 2 towards CAT 1 and when almost there, one of the yellow shirts guides me on his catapult.
Although i must says that their guidance is not always that accurate. But they do work.
Win10 Pro 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, AsRock Extreme4, ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400, Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog but with Virpil WarBRD base & MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.
Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, higher FPS!

Last edited by Lange_666; 05-23-2020 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Damn extra lines after a return.
Lange_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #23
Simpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
I’ve found that although I press “request Launch” after a successful landing the crew all run back to there launch positions but will not guide me back to the cat?...Any ideas on that?

If you use a self made mission remove all static objects from the JBD-area around about 20 meters.

See here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274004&page=2

Remark: CAT 3 + 4 also works perfect. I checked this in one of my builded missions yesterday night. So no restraint to CAT 1 + 2 as some poeple proclaim!!

Hans Dieter

Last edited by Simpit; 05-24-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Simpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #24
Pikey
Veteran

This is fairly straight forward. After Landing, Request Launch from the Ground crew menu and ensure the deck move to their launch configurations. Approach the JBD behind the cat slowly and at least vaguely aiming at it and the director will acknowledge.

If for any reason you've had mixed flights trying to land and take off at the same time or out of sequence spawning or done something unusual you wouldnt consider normal behaviour, you may have broken the cat, so try another one. Else provide the trackfile and sumbit to the bugs section for looking at.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #25
USAF-Falcon87

Quote:
Originally Posted by padonis View Post
When I am reborn into a catapult, the crew does nothing, I can't connect to ATC.
If you spawn on the catapult, you are already hooked up. You just need to use the “Salute” command and away you go.

For those that land and taxi to take back off, choose “Request Launch” from the Ground Crew (not ATC) menu and the little guys spring to life. Pull up to a JBD and they’ll get you going.
USAF-Falcon87 is offline   Reply With Quote