This Free Module Month Made Me Realize I Made The Right Choice

Ercoupe

After purchasing the AV8B I kept wondering if I should have bought the F-16. I've always loved that airplane, but that Harrier looked good ,too. And it was something a little different.

So, Harrier it was. But I grabbed that , free for a month, F-16 last night. Nah...I made the right decision.

I flew it around, dropped some bombs, and started getting bored of it pretty fast. Don't know why. Maybe it's because it's so similar to doing it in the A-10C, which I still enjoy flying.

But the Harriers VTOL possiblilities adds a whole new dimension to the mission. Especially trying to get it aboard the ship....which I have not mastered.

So, happy Harrier owner , here. Just thought I'd tell 'ya!

I had the same thoughts.

I also fly BMS, so it's not as if I'm stuck for a hardcore F-16 sim.

Yet to try landing on a carrier! I've just been having fun flying around.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

The Harrier is one of two planes I downloaded during the free month. I typically fly older planes, so the systems are different and more complicated than I'm used to. Seems like a good module though. Are there any confirmed official campaigns coming out for it though? If so, I'll purchase it.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

... Are there any confirmed official campaigns coming out for it (the Harrier) though? If so, I'll purchase it.

Yes, the free part of Baltic Dragon's "Ottoman Courier" campaign (5 missions, Caucasus) is due for release around May.

It will be followed by 2nd paid part, a DLC campaign with 10 missions, that carries on the story.

Campaign Thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4283898#post4283898

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yay, then I'll purchase the Harrier. One thing that we get to see during the free trial, that we can't easily see otherwise, are the many many training missions that this module comes with, not to mention how meticulous and detailed each training is. Those will keep me busy for a long time. I don't think they advertise this enough for the Harrier - this sets the Harrier apart from other modules that I've purchased.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

What interviews from the Harrier pilots I have seen, they like it more than hornets and vipers, because it is better performing for AG tasking as CAS plane.

Yet it is compared to those when it comes to A-10 as not so good, and then it gets compared to A-10 when it comes to hornet or viper.

Yet I think it is like A-6, a unique design that has far more interesting missions possibilities than any of those three mentioned it gets compared. And harrier pilots are like A-6 pilots, they don't want to switch to others after.

I wish the harrier gets polished and missing features implemented. As I as well hope to see AV-8B+ version with radar as then one can pick to fly either one and perform as well AA tasking like those two others.

The VSTOL is phenomenal feature and it is nice to perform faster and better the ground pounding than with any other aircraft from bluefor...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The Harrier is one of two planes I downloaded during the free month. I typically fly older planes, so the systems are different and more complicated than I'm used to. Seems like a good module though. Are there any confirmed official campaigns coming out for it though? If so, I'll purchase it.

As Ramsay says - here is more info about my content for the Harrier. As well as for other modules :) I am also working on the full manual for AV-8B.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I tried the AV8B during last free trial and enjoyed it so this time it went on trial and sale I purchased it.

Very stable aircraft and although I havebt worked out the VTOL capabilities yet is a very enjoyable aircraft to fly

As Ramsay says - here is more info about my content for the Harrier. As well as for other modules :) I am also working on the full manual for AV-8B.

Man i need that manual. Been out the harrier for so long as it was my first FF module and i flew it to death but will get back into it and work page by page once your manual is available. :thumbup::smartass:

I just bought the AV-8B the other day too, all thanks to the previous two-day trial. I already knew it was fun to fly and came with a very lovely looking cockpit. I just got an X56 HOTAS and experimented by putting the Nozzle Angle Control Lever on one of the Duel Throttles, instead of using a rotary dial. All I can say is - I am glad I have the option -

It felt natural, and more fun, using the second throttle to adjust the nozzles.

No Regrets so far with the AV-8B -

It looks like when Razbam puts development cycles into something, it is usually well worth the effort.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

And what is going to be the difference between your manual and Chuck's guide for the Harrier?

Just curious because despite lot of the pictures it is still almost 300-page guide

And what is going to be the difference between your manual and Chuck's guide for the Harrier?

Baltic Dragon's AV-8B Flight Manual will be the Full Manual included with game.

Just curious because despite lot of the pictures it is still almost 300-page guide

The M-2000C manual is 320 pages, so I'd expect the AV-8B manual to be a similar size, if not longer.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I've also been trying modules during the free month. I checked the M2000C and was very pleasantly surprised. I have thus now bought it. Thanks Razbam! :)

I also tried the A-10C. While it's okay, I think the AV8B is more fun for me. The AV8B is faster, more flexible, has more character, V/STOL-capability and can do ship-borne operations. I've had the AV8B for a while - it was one of the first jets I got. So, yes, I made a good choice back then.

Mainly the fact that Baltic's manual will be official and more exhaustive. My guide definitely does not cover everything and isn't meant to replace dev documentation by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Charly_Owl