Audio feedback

Phantom_Mark

I like the idea. I've even tried to do this in the past, but maybe just don't like my own voice.

I had used Audacity to edit and make the sound files more AM static 'ish'.

Let me know what you are using, I could share some of the setttings/notes I have.

... but maybe just don't like my own voice.

+1 .. I hate my own voice, so I make use of the voices of this text-to-speech service: https://ttsmp3.com/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

+1 .. I hate my own voice, so I make use of the voices of this text-to-speech service: https://ttsmp3.com/

I am using TTS system as well, as I don't want to hear my own voice either.

Basically taking the audio file and then using the overdrive effect to slightly distort it, adding some background white noise, then finally running it though the high pass filter.

First time with all this stuff so very much learning as I go, the last one I did I was pretty happy with, thought it sounded ok for TTS generated sounds ?

Using Audacity.......

• 2 weeks later...
Personally think the voice has too much base, but that's just me.

Maybe you want to give Audacity a try? I've attached my instructions/settings.

Very concise and clear instructions thanks, will have a crack at reworking a sample tomorrow after work maybe :) Thanks again.

... I've attached my instructions/settings.

I just love this Community :thumbup: .. very clear instructions, will make good use of your tips :)

Thanks for sharing, you should really upload it onto the User Files section, so that it may be easier to find.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
Personally think the voice has too much base, but that's just me.

Maybe you want to give Audacity a try? I've attached my instructions/settings.

I've actually done it different and I think it sounds better this time.

I've included the Audacity project, EQ template to import, and detailed instructions on how to do it. Let me know what you think.

-Wraith

UHF Voice Overs.zip

I use Balabokka, it's free, then I change it using Audacity . . throw some background noise it and sometimes add a mic on and mic off sound.

It takes some time to figure it out. There is a youtube video on Audacity to make it sound like a 'radio transmission'. There are several . . here is just one

I'm working on a new mission now that has 'a lot' of audio files used . . Mother to aircraft, AWAC to strike force, CAG announcement prior to launch, etc.

Attached is just one of the files I created for this mission.

PM if you like and I can help.

Chopper

x CAP 01.zip

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |