PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

I hope maybe somebody here can help me out.

I just built a new PC.

I have Pointctrl with the APBs. For some reason, when I have plugged in my Razer Tartarus mini Keypad, the APBs are no longer showing up as Gamecontrollers. When I unplug the Razer Tartarus, the APBs show up again. So there seems to be a conflict now which has not been there on my old PC before.

Changing the USB ports has not solved the issue. Also deactivating the Razer Tartarus as a gamecontroller had no effect.

Is somebody here who had a similar issus or has an idea how to solve it?

Many thanks in advance!

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

This is an issue with the tartus, this because of the driver that allows the Tartus to be a keyboard and a joystick, there is a way to solve it.

1. Uninstall Synapse 3
  2. If possible, unplug all Razer devices , in my experience just the Tartus
  3. Reboot the system
  4. Download the Razer Driver Clean Up Tool: https://rzr.to/Tf53xj
  5. Unzip and run the CleanupRazerDrivers.exe as Administrator
  6. The window will close on its own. When it does, reboot the system again,
  7. make sure all your joystick devices are on, including vr headset, controllers and point control
  8. Install Synapse 3
  9. Plugin Razer devices
  10. Update Synapse 3 as needed and reboot system as update requirement,

sometimes it can take  a couple of goes, make sure any vjoy devices are disabled for this process , re-enable after you have everything else sorted.

If you add  a device you *may* have to go through this dance again, same if Razer gets updated 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor 18 Stunden schrieb speed-of-heat:

This is an issue with the tartus, this because of the driver that allows the Tartus to be a keyboard and a joystick, there is a way to solve it.

1. Uninstall Synapse 3
  2. If possible, unplug all Razer devices , in my experience just the Tartus
  3. Reboot the system
  4. Download the Razer Driver Clean Up Tool: https://rzr.to/Tf53xj
  5. Unzip and run the CleanupRazerDrivers.exe as Administrator
  6. The window will close on its own. When it does, reboot the system again,
  7. make sure all your joystick devices are on, including vr headset, controllers and point control
  8. Install Synapse 3
  9. Plugin Razer devices
  10. Update Synapse 3 as needed and reboot system as update requirement,

sometimes it can take  a couple of goes, make sure any vjoy devices are disabled for this process , re-enable after you have everything else sorted.

If you add  a device you *may* have to go through this dance again, same if Razer gets updated 

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I was not able to get them working together. As soon as I plug the Tartarus back in, the APBs are gone again. I guess I will toss the Tartarus for another brand that will hopefully be less difficult 😞

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

Sorry it did not work for you, just checking you ran the cleanup as admin, it doesn’t work otherwise.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

vor 4 Minuten schrieb speed-of-heat:

Sorry it did not work for you, just checking you ran the cleanup as admin, it doesn’t work otherwise.

Yes I did run it as admin 2x but the result kept being the same. Its sad, Razer makes good Hardware but the Software part is a catastrophe 😞

• Like 1

Am 16.11.2022 um 22:52 schrieb speed-of-heat:

I did some further testing. The problem does not seem to specifically related to the Razer Tartarus. The APBs disappear as soon as I plug in any other gamecontroller. May it be an additional Joystick or Gamepad. So somehow they push Pointctrl out of the list. Is there a way to give priorities in Windows?

Edited by TimSell75

2 hours ago, TimSell75 said:

I did some further testing. The problem does not seem to specifically related to the Razer Tartarus. The APBs disappear as soon as I plug in any other gamecontroller. May it be an additional Joystick or Gamepad. So somehow they push Pointctrl out of the list. Is there a way to give priorities in Windows?

That is really odd. I have three controllers , three different brands, all hooked up and they do not affect my APB's at all. If you are on Discord try and hit Miles up over there I am sure he can help get you sorted.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This is exactly the Razer Tartus v2 driver, it could exactly be any other  device however, including bizarrely the Tartus itself.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TimSell75 said:

Hey Tim,

Does PointCTRL appear in the windows "Set Up USB controllers" panel, and/or the "Blue Tooth and other devices"?
It should be in both.

Lets try and do voice on Discord to get it sorted.

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Tim,
I responded in Discord also, I would check if you have an excessive amount of devices that were plugged in, but are no longer being used. 
The below pic should help if your not familiar with it. After removing the devices you may want to unplug PointCTRL ( at the PC, not the HMS) and uninstall it also. It should reinstall to a lower, or next available COM port.

Let us know how you make out.

Miles

Com_Ports.jpg?width=1163&height=728

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I can comment on this one.... if I have more than 3 or 4 Razer devices plugged in at the same time, game controllers start disconnecting.

Right now I have four (Leviathan v2 speaker, Deathstalker v2 Pro TKL keyboard, Basilisk v3 Pro mouse, and the Mouse Dock Pro.  The mouse is actually running its connection through the dock, so technically I only have three plugged in.  If you plug in the Tartarus Pro, it's two separate controllers being added (the Tartarus and the xBox controller).

This is a problem with Razer's drivers.  I just have learned I've got to be careful with how many are plugged in at once.  I use a small program called JoyIDs to show my currently plugged in controllers.

To get over this and still have a few extra physical keys, I've been using a pair of Koolertron 9-key keypads (one on each side of the cockpit).

Amazon.com: Koolertron One Handed Macro Mechanical Keyboard, RGB LED Backlit Portable Mini One-Handed Mechanical Gaming Keypad OSU! Keyboard 9 Fully Programmable Keys Blue Switches : Video Games

image.png

I put blank keycaps on these.

I ordered a pair of these the other day, they'll be here today.  The knobs appear to be rotary encoders from what I can tell, I'll report my experiences with them.  I want to use the knobs for HUD and HMCS brightness, as well as yaw trim.

Amazon.com: One Handed Macro Mechanical Keyboard Portable USB Mini 12 Key Multifunction DIY Programmable Keypad with Knob for Office Gaming Lab(Full Black) : Video Games

image.png

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• Like 1

Hi all,

I was one of the people who originally expressed an interest in PointCtrl - think I'm 74 on the list, but then life got in the way and I've lost track of where things are.  I've had a look at the website and am now in a position to make a purchase at last.  

Few questions first if I may?

Roughly what's the lead time?  I'm in the UK so I expect postage will take awhile and I'm aware we're going to start running into Xmas post.  What does postage to the UK normally come to?

Does this work with MSFS?  From the videos it certainly looks like it.  I'm mostly looking at using it with DCS, but if it also has utility in MSFS all the better.

I'm looking at the bigger kit with the add on HMS switches.  I'm assuming those just show up as programmable buttons in DCS/MSFS etc and you can assign whatever you want to them?

I have a reverb G2 and use a ceiling pully system with it, so the cable for the HMS will need to be as long as the Reverb's as it'll also need to go around the pully system.  I'm not sure how long the reverbs cable is - I had mine replaced with the newer one some months ago.  Does what comes with PointCtrl need an extension or will it match?

VFRHawk

42 minutes ago, VFRHawk said:

Hi Drac,

I am on Discord, though I don't use it a lot.

I'll join the PointCtrl discord though.

Thanks.

Copy. Contact (DM) MilesD on Discord.  He will be able to tell you what to do.  As your number has passed, he will send you out an invoice for payment.  If you have changed VR headsets since then, you can make the change at that time.

Edited by Drac

Il 10/10/2022 at 20:29, nessuno0505 ha scritto:

@MilesD My pointCTRL has broken, the usb female port has detached from the HMD

IMG_20221010_233026.jpg

As you can see, the usb port has a broken pin. But even with a new usb port, I do not have the right tools to solder it. Is it possible to have a new block with the PCBs and the camera as a replacement? If you search on the internet it seems these arduino pro micro have very fragile USB ports, maybe I'll put a bit of hot glue on the new one as a reinforcement.

Thanks.

I just want to thank @MilesD: from Connecticut to Italy there's quite a long way to go, but my helmet mounted unit replacement (a new resin one!) has finally arrived. I've quickly tested it with my fdm printed finger units and all seems to work fine; maybe a bit of calibration is needed, but my pointCTRL is operational back again! Great support as always!

Edited by nessuno0505
  • Like 1

Same problem here, USB port broke off. My mistake, when I switched headsets I did not reuse (or get a new) cable holder. I posted a message on Discord but when checking last night I could not find my message there I left for Miles.

I would like to order a new HMS.

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

28 minutes ago, DutchCoolHand said:

Same problem here, USB port broke off. My mistake, when I switched headsets I did not reuse (or get a new) cable holder. I posted a message on Discord but when checking last night I could not find my message there I left for Miles.

Peter

PM him in discird, though I think he is out of town in the moment. He will sort your replacement needs very quick, I bet. 

I think it would be good if those USB Micro Ports would be glued with epoxy before shipping out. Micro USB is a terrible connector and those Arduino clones are not the best build out there... This would save Miles so much customer support time and replacement parts. Hopefully with a V3 there will be a custom Arduino Board by PointCtrl with a USB-C(Power) and Wireless (BT).

I'm surprised mine in a V1 Point Ctrl is still attached.

• Like 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2022 at 6:12 AM, DutchCoolHand said:

Peter

Hi Miles,

I left a DM on your discord, and a message in the help section. Maybe you are off for the holidays. Let me know how I can geta  replacement HMI.

thanks,

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

On 11/25/2022 at 8:55 AM, nessuno0505 said:

I'm really happy with my pointCTRL V2 but if @MilesD will do an improved V3 model I'm ready to upgrade! Maybe something that works with "the beautiful flight simulator" too.

Might want to do what I have done since lead times are running around a year or so. I got another order put in , perhaps there will be a V3 by that time maybe. I know he has a fella working with him on getting it working with MSFS 2020. If that happens and it is easy to use with it I expect those lead times will get even longer. In the meantime so loving Point CTRL. It has made a huge difference in immersion in DCS for me.

When my turn comes up I will take whatever he has as I want to have a spare for back up anyway.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 11/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, TimSell75 said:

Hey Tim<
Do you get things sorted with all of your devices?

On 11/25/2022 at 3:53 AM, Gruman said:

I think it would be good if those USB Micro Ports would be glued with epoxy before shipping out. Micro USB is a terrible connector and those Arduino clones are not the best build out there... This would save Miles so much customer support time and replacement parts. Hopefully with a V3 there will be a custom Arduino Board by PointCtrl with a USB-C(Power) and Wireless (BT).

I'm surprised mine in a V1 Point Ctrl is still attached.

Yea, they are bonded now with thick CA and hardener. The piggyback board was jst supposed to be temporarry, I have a dedicated board prototype complete, I just want to finish the PNP machine before I put it into production.

On 11/25/2022 at 8:55 AM, nessuno0505 said:

I'm really happy with my pointCTRL V2 but if @MilesD will do an improved V3 model I'm ready to upgrade! Maybe something that works with "the beautiful flight simulator" too.

I am looking at a pro version, but that is still a ways off.

On 12/30/2022 at 11:10 AM, DutchCoolHand said:

Hi Miles,

I left a DM on your discord, and a message in the help section. Maybe you are off for the holidays. Let me know how I can geta  replacement HMI.

thanks,

Peter

New HMS outbound

On 1/4/2023 at 11:11 AM, Fennec said:

Hi Miles,

Since latest update of the historical Falcon BMS is now running on VR, could you provide an update of PoinCtrl (mine is V1) than could support it plz ?

It would be sooo kind of you 🤩

Thanks by advance 👍

Hey Fennec,
Unfortunately as of now PointCTRL is still DCS only, You can check the Discord for other sim updates.

Thanks

PointCTRLsmall.jpg