104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

I thought of a fairly simple idea that may appease both sides of the "True Red v Blue" argument.

What if you guys made Blue A-A only F-15's and made Red A-A mostly Russian with a few F-15's, maybe about 5.

The A-G doesn't matter so much and could remain unchanged.

This way the missions become primarily "True Red v Blue" but still have a small factor to balance the teams. As mentioned before, I think a small balancing factor would be all that's necessary to maintain good team numbers.

What do you guys think? :music_whistling:

What if you guys made Blue A-A only F-15's and made Red A-A mostly Russian with a few F-15's, maybe about 5.

:

In the 51st Its only Russian VS US/NATO (at least it was a few months ago) The thing is that you end up with 8F-15s vs 2-3 SU-27s...it messes a lot with balance

In the 51st Its only Russian VS US/NATO (at least it was a few months ago) The thing is that you end up with 8F-15s vs 2-3 SU-27s...it messes a lot with balance

IMO, with the amount of people the 104th get regularly, it never seems uneven to that extent. I think a small balancing element would be all that's needed to smooth out any major discrepancies.

Hi! First of I'll say that I love your server, I only do A2A, and your server is the one where you encounter the most people and get into many differents situation.

Is there a reason why you disabled/didn't enabled tacview on your server? Replaying 2-3 hours flight really is a pain, but as tracks are corrupted one third of the time, I often find myself unable to see what in the world happened in a weird situation (ie two days ago I couldn't lock someone with either boresight or VS even if I had a clear visual and all...).

This has been said n+1 times already, but I'll give it another go. Enabling tacview export basically means you can watch tacview live. Not exactly the most realistic option..

104th is a PvP server. It's what majority want. LO/FC was a big thing. It fills exactly the niche that the consumer base want, irregardless of what individuals want.

What are you trying to say actually? No one said anything about removing the PVP aspect.

Seems that the server gets populated with a healhty mix of a-a and a-g.

PVP or not, it does not hurt to spice things up abit.

Too bad about the Tacview thing. Anything above 30min usually get's corrupted. Or if you fly really low, it shows you as getting killed :D

This has been said n+1 times already' date=' but I'll give it another go. Enabling tacview export basically means you can watch tacview live. Not exactly the most realistic option..[/quote']

Personally I'd just change the hax0r paranoia setting to a lower level and see what happens.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Personally I'd just change the hax0r paranoia setting to a lower level and see what happens.

The problem is the type of scenario attracts the instant gratification crowd which encourages a very competitive vibe, it's not so much to stop people doing wrong more so to stop accusations being flung every 5mins.

Maybe in a mission with longer flight times realistic scenarios and tougher objectives, because that attracts much more serious minded pilots. Unfortunately as has been seen since Fc1 these types of missions don't attract the numbers they deserve. A lot of 24/7 players are in it for quick kills and thrills the thought of travelling 200-300km to an objective is a major turn off as well as not having the luxury to pop off 30 ground targets with ease and without any hassle from enemy fighters. The masses that make up the numbers simply want it quick, balanced and easy. The admins want peaceful happy flyers.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Unfortunately as has been seen since Fc1 these types of missions don't attract the numbers they deserve. A lot of 24/7 players are in it for quick kills and thrills the thought of travelling 200-300km to an objective is a major turn off as well as not having the luxury to pop off 30 ground targets with ease and without any hassle from enemy fighters. The masses that make up the numbers simply want it quick, balanced and easy. The admins want peaceful happy flyers.

+9000

Couldn't have put it better myself, hit every nail, firmly on the head!

It's a real shame, I'm in the long range camp with many others. I'd rather fly in a long range mission and score 1-2 hard won kills than fly 50-70 miles before getting engaged with 6 people!

But like Frostie says these long range missions don't attract the masses, believe me we have tried!

Hopefully with the arrival of the Hornet we can start implementing more long range carrier based missions for the more serious crowd and keep the FC3 aircraft on land with shorter flight times to the objectives!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

wait ---- did i see that right?

someone put the word "hornet" and "long range" in the same sentence??

:megalol: ;) :D

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything said recently is all fine and good, but no one addressed my idea. ;)

I think it would be a happy compromise between all parties. It wouldn't disturb the "quick fight" crowd at all. :dunno: :)

Everything said recently is all fine and good, but no one addressed my idea. ;)

The biggest issue we have with this is we have members within in our Squadron who do not fly the F-15C and prefer another airframe. If we were to implement your suggestion we would not be able to fly together unless we flew on the Red side.

This is also not ideal because there are more than 5 F-15 Pilots in the Squadron and it is a very popular aircraft with the public, so the chances of us getting all 5 F-15s are very slim indeed.

The F-15 is so popular we had to assign F-15s for 104th use only (Uzi callsigns) within the server. This happened after we upgraded our hardware and were able to host 51 clients. Many times the people who pay the majority of the bills the server generates couldn't get in their preferred aircraft and this wasn't rock and roll at all!

Every decision we make regarding our server comes from our 7+ years of experience in hosting to the public, what you guys see today took a lot of hard work to reach, our server popularity did not come overnight.

Most people overlook this fact and think it would be easy for us to simply change the way we operate to 'spice things up a bit'. While I agree we have to have variety, I also firmly stand by that what we are doing works... and has worked for a long time.

Sadly we cannot please everyone, especially those who want drastic changes to our forumula but we do what we can to accomodate popular suggestions from the public providing they do not have a negative affect on the number of clients flying in the server.

As I mentioned to Scorch we will look at doing at least 1 mission NATO vs Russia, wether that ends up being in the server rotation full time / once a month / or an event is yet to be decided.

Thanks for your feedback ;)

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

quick, balanced and easy

Speaking of, why does the blue side with 104'th reserved aircraft have dozens of sam sites spread around their ground attacker's active TA's in operation timberland, while red side's ground attackers have none?

61fb4314b64fb22b48e7b8439d4ba191.jpg

073166950706e02d5c7e94d0be9a9b60.jpg

Edited by Sleksa

why does the blue side with 104'th reserved aircraft have dozens of sam sites spread around their ground attacker's active TA's in operation timberland, while red side's ground attackers have none?

Because it is much easier for the Red side to take out the Blue A2G clients than it is the other way around.

The Blue A2G objectives are further away Bullseye than the Red A2G objectives which are located close to Tbilisi and thus, easier to defend against Blue attackers.

Initially these SAMS were not in place on Timberline however we added them due to the number of Blue A2G assets being easily picked off by Red fighters who'd rather attack the Target Area's than go to Bullseye and fight other fighters.

I tried to watch some tracks from multiplayer matches on 104th server, but the track is not showing anything but the map. Is recording disabled on the server?

Yes it is.

You can only record the TacVIEW track by watching the replay of your flight in the server.

Go to single player... Select REPLAY, then navigate to your SAVED GAMES folder, select DCS WORLD, TRACKS, MULTIPLAYER then select the correct track by the date and time shown.

Once you have played the track back, all that data will be saved in TacVIEW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vnesdLO.jpg

This weekend all day on the 18th and 19th of April we will be running Restricted Weapons 80's style missions.

F-15C Limited to Aim7 & Aim9

Russian Aircraft Limited to R-27R, R-27T, R-73 & R-60

See you in the middle

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]