104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

lol, I remember someone suggested that as a mod and got hung out to dry a year or so ago when all the Zombie stuff was mega main stream! I think we'll pass on them for now!

Sadly the night missions dont seem to be working for some reason, I have set the time as 18:45 but the sim loads up the map at 11:45 as before.... not ideal.

Will look into this more over the next day or two and get some night sorties running for a few days!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Is it possible to have this implemented in the meantime until ED sort that issue out if ever they do? I was also wondering, since there is the constant issue with players who cheat the system by ALT Tab ing, is there by means of kicking a client who does so during flight? I must commend you guys for running your server for so long with the client count that you do, Donation was made earlier this week and kudos to the nights and stormy weather missions up this week, might want to make it part of the mission randomization.

• Like 1

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Is it possible to have this implemented in the meantime until ED sort that issue out if ever they do?

Not really I'm afraid, we have voiced our reasoning before in numerous places including the Misile Mod thread here on ED forums. The short story is we want to keep everything as default as possible so anyone can join our server and have a fair fight and not be dependant on having knowledge of the mod and having it installed.

I was also wondering, since there is the constant issue with players who cheat the system by ALT Tab ing, is there by means of kicking a client who does so during flight?

To be honest I've not seen this pan out very often, I have seen players accusing others in chat on a few occasions but not much else. It's never happened to me in combat to my knowledge anyway.

It may be something that is dependant on PC performance if it causes any issues but like I said I don't know too much about it.

Sadly there is no way for us to kick someone who alt tabs but someone doing so shouldn't be causing any major issues, like I said I've not had any probelms with it so you'd have to tell me more about it.

I must commend you guys for running your server for so long with the client count that you do, Donation was made earlier this week and kudos to the nights and stormy weather missions up this week, might want to make it part of the mission randomization.

Thanks, we put a lot of time and effort into making sure the server is running smoothly as much as humanly possible.

Hosting 40+ clients everyday can be a bit of a nightmare at times and this requires a lot of attention by our admins to keep the server running and restarting it when things go wrong.

Glad your enjoying the changing conditions, I heard there is a bit of fog rolling in off the Black Sea today! :D

Expect more 'random' in the conditions over the next few weeks!

Cheers for the donation, it really helps us out, we couldn't continue to put on a show like this if it wasn't for your's and the communities help!

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My recommendation is yes please make the server a true red vs blue. NATO aircraft on blue and well red aircraft on red. Right now it's just a call of duty spam fest with the call of duty fc3 aircraft going after anything that moves.

Biggest problem is not everybody is on team speak so team continuity is impossible. Oh f15 spike on rwr is that friend or foe? Obviously should be friendly only when on blue. Please take this into consideration as its a great server to get on and do some team work in many different modules.

yes!

this!!

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes!

this!!

Yes indeed!

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

;2358957']We are running night missions for a few days on the server.

All 5 missions have been set to sunset and the summer sun will slowly dip below the horizon.

Hope no one is scared of the dark!

It is really good idea to set missions to night conditions :) Recently I have been flying some night mission with layer of clouds set about 3000 ft over the see level and it was amazing. Would you remind me the name of that mission and I think it would be really nice to set that kind of weather condition more often ;) Stormy weather, lightnings, fog and strong crosswind would be very challenging ;)

Thanks for hosting these wicked mission on your server :pilotfly:

=Pedro=

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Red vs Blue (NATO vs Russia) is a big fat no I'm afraid gents.

We might have it over a weekend or something soon but in general its something we want to avoid.

The problem is although you guys think its a great idea, in the grand scheme of things it causes more problems than it solves.

The F15 is by far the most popular FC3 aircraft in our server, having them only on Blue would cause the Red side to suffer ..... badly!

Yes it would be great to always know when you see a 15 on RWR that its friendly but that's not really a good enough reason to force the change.

I know some people won't like this but, if you're struggling with F-15s on Red and Blue and it confuses you, then you have bad SA.. simple as that... sorry :)

The main reason people fly on our server is mostly because there are lots of other people already in it! Having only the F-15 on Blue would cause significant problems with getting the red side populated and to some sort of balanced standard.

As a squadron we mainly fly F-15s, we like to have them on Red as we mostly go Blue and its our opinion that is bad gravy to not be fighting against Eagles and active missiles, so I'm afraid the set up will stay as is gents.

I / we value your feedback though, it will not go un-noticed. Like I said we'll do some sort of NATO vs Russia weekend / day sometime soon and see how it goes.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

first.. "yes" ----- i would definitely like to see at SOME point nato/US/blue vs russia/WARPAC/red

having a scenario in the rotation over the weekend would be super cool

(or hey - idea? maybe during a low traffic period like idunno.. tues night?? just as a trial??)

if the "powers that be" are dead set against the "red v blue" idea, here's another idea --- just go whole hog the other way!

F-15s vs F-15s

and similarly SUs/MiGs vs SUs/MiGs

but what i see now is single homogeneous, our-way-or-the-highway, our-house-our-rules, we-win-you-lose approach ----- i think all i'm asking for is a little variety

what harm is there in that?

whaddya say??

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Maverick,

I'd like to say great job with the server and I really like the different weather we've been having in there. :)

I'd also like to say I would enjoy seeing true Red v Blue. For the same reasons mentioned previously.

Even though the numbers might be somewhat unbalanced, I'm sure you creative mission designers can find ways to even the odds or even just encourage people to fly Russian using the layout of the mission. It doesn't hurt to try, I have faith. :thumbup:

• Like 1

"if you're struggling with F-15s on Red and Blue and it confuses you, then you have bad SA.. simple as that... sorry " simple as that :)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

"if you're struggling with F-15s on Red and Blue and it confuses you, then you have bad SA.. simple as that... sorry " simple as that :)

I agree with this statement too, but that's not the only reason to want real Red v Blue.

I just enjoy fighting in more plausible scenarios. On the WWII servers they choose to not put Nazi planes on the Allied side, even though you could argue they have slight advantages in the most common online dogfight scenarios (i.e. Low Altitude)

but what i see now is single homogeneous, our-way-or-the-highway, our-house-our-rules, we-win-you-lose approach

This couldn't be further from the truth. We have not 'lucked' into our current position, our server has grown over the past 7 years precisely because we have listened to the community and have done our best to give the people what they want.

A firm example of this was me telling you that we don't want to do this on our server but that we would still have a look at doing this for you.

There are limits to what we can do. No disrepect intended but your idea of going 'whole hog' would be a dissaster for the server in terms of client numbers.

We do what we do to maintain a busy server because thats what flying in FC2 was like and most of our senior squadron members all cut their teeth in FC2 or previous and still remember the good old days!

We want to run a packed server round the clock so we and the community can get involved in a high intensity air war, for too long early in DCS we had to fly with less than 20-30 clients and this just isn't the same.

So all our decisions are made with the goal of keeping the 'masses' happy, unfortunately this means we can't implement every suggestion we get.

As you correctly pointed out, it is our house, but I think most people would agree we do a good job at sharing it with anyone and everyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would be very interested in Blue v Red "whole hog" scenario.(means ground material aswell)

I'm not so sure it would be that big a blow to the numbers. I think it would have the opposite effect, actually. Have this been tested in recent years? (No testing, how do we know for sure?)

Atleast try it for a regular "event" or something, maybe weekly, bi-weekly?

Was cool flying in darker settings though, really screwed with the SA in the MiG-21.

Been flying ground pounders aswell, and have'nt seen any moving units yet. Would be nice to see some patrolling units in different areas. Or would this result in more server load?

Maybe expand the ground pounding to actually looking for the targets aswell. Or like a bonus coloumn or targets that you have to find. Sort of like the Recon planes you have to hunt.

Anyways, appreciate the open server. :thumbup:

Yes, having moving columns will cause DCS to crash im afraid. That's why they are left out.

That's not true with the recent DCS versions. All of the missions on the 51st server have moving units and we see no or few crashes because of them. In fact in my Mountain Divide mission there is a task which has over two dozen units moving and firing at each other.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I don't design the missions in 104th, but i'm sure if that info is correct Case, then moving units might appear in future made 104th missions. Can't say for sure as i don't design them, so don't want to get peoples' hopes up. I know we have a solid stable server at the moment, with good player numbers, so I consider that more important than a moving column or two.

That's not true with the recent DCS versions. All of the missions on the 51st server have moving units and we see no or few crashes because of them. In fact in my Mountain Divide mission there is a task which has over two dozen units moving and firing at each other.

How many players play those missions on average?

How many players play those missions on average?

Enough that it would've been obvious if it was a problem.

Just try it in a single mission and see how it works. What is there to lose?

Also add in some randomization of the ground unit and their behaviour to make sure you are not shooting the same fish in the same barrel each and every time.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi! First of I'll say that I love your server, I only do A2A, and your server is the one where you encounter the most people and get into many differents situation.

Is there a reason why you disabled/didn't enabled tacview on your server? Replaying 2-3 hours flight really is a pain, but as tracks are corrupted one third of the time, I often find myself unable to see what in the world happened in a weird situation (ie two days ago I couldn't lock someone with either boresight or VS even if I had a clear visual and all...).

• Like 1