DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

It's rare I post, but this is one hell of an update\Xmas present.

Thanks to all the team at ED, enjoy the holidays, you deserve it.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Thank you for the kind words.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

+2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

It takes time to upload supercarriers and update the e-shop.

:music_whistling:

That would have been a feast! But now we got the new Normandy map and the A-10C cockpit instead, plus a truckload of fixes and even the Hornet TWS dealwithit.png

Clouds blocks my Tpod.

I feel the same every morn with that foggy haze that can't be switched off. That moisture modeling will be so great...

And DCS starts looking good just when Celestia raises the sun or puts it down again. But flying late in the even heavily limits the mission time as night lighting still is very VIP. Although recently I discovered that I can see so much better in the dark in the Rift as opposed to my screen...

Don't worry the KA-50 wont be far behind, and will be worth the wait.

Definately. I think it's needed more in that case albeit, especially considering the kbobs with lights on them to indicate whether the thing is active or not. Never had such issues in the A-10C though. But I'm also looking forward to the extra features that come with BS3. Just want to have my good old Radio Mayak back... maybe with the new voice chat and radio channels feature? Would be good enough if we could load a local playlist with some features like random playback, and playlists that link to web radio stations, to be played on certain frequencies/stations that can be set in the ME. Hint hint rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Don't know about you but I've been getting crash to desktop everytime I try to get in a flight other then the lead

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Hi

Update still not open for me. That made me think.

If I am correct, it's a torrent system. So you will upload to others to download. If it's so, I think ED should take a look at when to open for certain regions.

I am sitting here in Denmark on a 100 mbit line and waiting. That 100 mbit could have helped others.

Look at this link, a look at the top 15 countries. Maybe here is a region to open first, så the good connections could help feeding. https://seasia.co/2019/07/12/rank-of-countries-with-fastest-and-slowest-internet-in-the-world-2019

Looking at the posts in this thread, UK was open over an hour ago. Acording to the link above, the UK is very slow. Maybe some better feeders could help speed things up in the UK too.

I am not complaing about waiting. I am a grown man (58), I am just thinking about my connection could have been used better. Like the ones in Sweden, Holland and other countries in CET zone.

Anyway, maybe its not technical possible.

Just me thinking out loud.

See you

• ED Team
Don't know about you but I've been getting crash to desktop everytime I try to get in a flight other then the lead

Yes we have it reported here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258275

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

F-16 wingflex is not well made. The wingtip and first rack are flexing with the leading edge. The wingtip is flexing 10 degrees at least !!! Look at real flight footage.. It flexes like the F-18 is modelled right now.

Other than that.... Nice update.

F-16 wingflex is not well made. The wingtip and first rack are flexing with the leading edge. The wingtip is flexing 10 degrees at least !!! Look at real flight footage.. It flexes like the F-18 is modelled right now.

Can you provide some footage? I could not find any good footage.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Hi

Update still not open for me. That made me think.

If I am correct, it's a torrent system. So you will upload to others to download. If it's so, I think ED should take a look at when to open for certain regions.

I am sitting here in Denmark on a 100 mbit line and waiting. That 100 mbit could have helped others.

Look at this link, a look at the top 15 countries. Maybe here is a region to open first, så the good connections could help feeding. https://seasia.co/2019/07/12/rank-of-countries-with-fastest-and-slowest-internet-in-the-world-2019

Looking at the posts in this thread, UK was open over an hour ago. Acording to the link above, the UK is very slow. Maybe some better feeders could help speed things up in the UK too.

I am not complaing about waiting. I am a grown man (58), I am just thinking about my connection could have been used better. Like the ones in Sweden, Holland and other countries in CET zone.

Anyway, maybe its not technical possible.

Just me thinking out loud.

See you

Try the manual update procedure:

1. Open Windows command prompt

2. Change into DCS_updater.exe directory (/DCS World/bin/)

3. Run the command:

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

Says right in the change log that wing flex isn’t finished.

Try the manual update procedure:

1. Open Windows command prompt

2. Change into DCS_updater.exe directory (/DCS World/bin/)

3. Run the command:

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

Have tried that before, doesn't help.

I am always in the last end of the queue. Its OK for me, but as I wrote, maybe they should open for the countries with good internet first, to help others.

I'm literally at the bottom of the world, but fortunately the download speed seems to be OK ... cant wait to test all the whole lot of new toys: Normandy, the A-10C, the JF-17 first patch, the Viggen Campaign and the new F-86 Campaign :D

6Zw3rHK.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm literally at the bottom of the world, but fortunately the download speed seems to be OK ... cant wait to test all the whole lot of new toys: Normandy, the A-10C, the JF-17 first patch, the Viggen Campaign and the new F-86 Campaign :D

6Zw3rHK.jpg

Yeah, much better than mine. I got 0 mbit :(

Immediately Post-Update today: The game crashes to desktop almost every time I try to jump into a plane on any missions I usually fly, the same missions that worked fine just 2 hours ago (pre-update). Already verified Steam files without needing to. Anybody else got this too?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

• ED Team
Immediately Post-Update today: The game crashes to desktop almost every time I try to jump into a plane on any missions I usually fly, the same missions that worked fine just 2 hours ago (pre-update). Already verified Steam files without needing to. Anybody else got this too?

Hi

if you are seeing a crash please post here with your logs

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=444

we currently have a crash reported when joining a group as wingman

thank you

Hi,

Didn't know where else to post this as the F-86 campaign doesn't have a dedicated forum yet

I was looking at the E-shop and Product lists on the website to find out more about Reflected's new F-86 campaign. I noticed in the trailer that there are WWII Assets but this is not listed as a requirement in either section of the website. Can you confirm that the WII Assets Pack is a requirement to play this campaign?

Thanks again for the entire DCS product and everything associated with it. I really enjoy everything about it.

for 4 hours my D/L has been stuck at 34%?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Wow! What a huge Christmas surprise in the Change Log! :thumbup:

Thanks to ED and 3rd Party Devs for making this happen. Plenty there to keep us entertained over the Christmas break. Great effort which is much appreciated.

6.977 GB D/L here, which is slowly downloading at between 500 Kb/s - 2.4 Mb/s (South Australia).

Merry Christmas to you all.