ED please develop a jungle map

The_Pharoah

Ideally Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia or South America or somewhere.

We have desert (yay) and we have the Caucasus region...now we need the jungle. Doing something like Vietnam atleast allows us to try and recreate the Vietnam war (where we can FINALLY use the Huey in the proper time period).

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I read Vietnam A LOT!!!! And I mean a LOT! Everyone wants it. I personally think, seriously, that a well done Vietnam map would be the most sold map ever in DCS.

TONS of players are from the US and the Vietnam war is the most well know war in the world after WWII.

not sure about that... Old jets and choppers - sure, but will you fly hornet in Vietnam or any new coming modules like F-16? I would prefer a single fiction map that consists of a bit of everything - mountains, jungle, desert, ocean... , small towns.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

ED please don't the fps will be awful.

You mean cuz of da Treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees ?

:music_whistling:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Vietnam would be a major step to make DCS the best future platform for air combat.

I mean it took decades but it's slowly all coming together. P51, Mig15, 21, 19, Huey, aircraft carriers and possibly one day we got Phantom and a Vietnam map. The only negative I can think of is that people would then cry for a whole lot of other planes.

ED please don't the fps will be awful.

Caucasus is much faster than both NTTR and Hormuz, even though contains way more of trees. I think the main fps killers are the big cities. I wish we had an option to wipe them off a map.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Caucasus is much faster than both NTTR and Hormuz, even though contains way more of trees. I think the main fps killers are the big cities. I wish we had an option to wipe them off a map.

fps killer are shadows and ai units

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Vietnam would be a major step to make DCS the best future platform for air combat.

I mean it took decades but it's slowly all coming together. P51, Mig15, 21, 19, Huey, aircraft carriers and possibly one day we got Phantom and a Vietnam map. The only negative I can think of is that people would then cry for a whole lot of other planes.

Neither P51 or MiG15 were used in Vietnam war, 19 and Huey are wrong variants, as well as the F4E WIP.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Neither P51 or MiG15 were used in Vietnam war, 19 and Huey are wrong variants, as well as the F4E WIP.

Will anyone know/care?

I would absolutely love a Vietnam war map (I've raised threads on this previously so won't go into it), not just for air combat, but to REALLY use the Huey. Right now the huey is underused.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Viet Nam. Most definitely. If nothing more than for the F-105 missions from Thailand to North Vietnam. It's a huge area, about 660 by 600 NM. But there were a great variety of aircraft flown here and a great variety of all sorts of missions--both carrier based and land based. Rolling Thunder, Arc Light, Linebacker I & II. Combat search and rescue. Close air support. But, of course, we would have the option and freedom of flying whatever we want there. Yes, we'll need more aircraft. F-105D, F-100D&F, F-4B, C, D, & J...forget the F-4E...well, it looks like we'll already have it, though. A-4F, A-6A, A-7B, A-1E, A-1J, F-8E, F-111A. Helicopters--UH-1D (pretty close to an H, I think), H-34, H-3, H-46, H-47 and AH-1G. And the KC-135A and B-52D. I'm sure I'm missing some. Just the F-105D and KC-135A(AI) would be a start.

Turns out it seems F-51 made it to Vietnam in small amounts alongside Skyrider (haven't found further info though). MiG-15 is close enough to 17 so it could be good there. MiG-21Bis arrived late for war but MF is close enough. Huey was used in Vietnam extensively as you know, don't pay attention to H which is a minor variant. MiG-19 and F-4E were both in Vietnam (blame people asking for ultimate variants for the slatted Phantom and radar MiG, but still E and -19).

I mean, yes I'd like to have everything perfectly matched but still a lot more than we had a few time ago is on the works or we already have so good enough for me. A always, if you don't want that don't buy, but a Vietnam map would be very welcome.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice