NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Thanks for the quick update Merker and team! Much appreciated.

...and got it started. Still no electrics, though. RSHF-L doesn't seem to do anything.

Glad you got it started. My bad from my previous post, it was from memory... I mistakenly thought the APC was the APU.. so ignore that :).

The key, as you saw, is ground electrical power, right clicking once on the throttle to get it to the idle detent, hitting the start button, then right clicking again on the throttle to depress it after the engine has spooled up to > 10-15% or so...

If you are having the canopy glass issue, please check back in our downloads folder for either a standalone hotfix file or a a new version, v1011. Either work, but the cockpit.edm is much smaller in file size.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

This is a superb little aircraft to fly, thanks for your devotion and dedication into finishing the product, after such a monumental loss to your team.

I'm pretty sure he's sitting in his heavenly cockpit looking down, and smiling and content the addon made it to fruition.

Is there a way to slow down the head tracking though, when I pan around in my F18, it's slow, but the Scooter is pretty quick, maybe due to a smaller cockpit.

This is now my go to aircraft when needing a break from the F18

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Hey Eagle Fux,

Put a lid on it. Nothing to contribute except asinine recycled verbiage.

Mixalis just joined and your rude self centered remarks should be left in your basement.

It may have been rude, but he does bring up a point. Making remarks about something that has been stated many times (maybe not in this thread but elsewhere) and not complying to instructions of the README document as being 'rude' is counterintuitive.

Edited by Sirius
added quote

If you are having the canopy glass issue, please check back in our downloads folder for either a standalone hotfix file or a a new version, v1011. Either work, but the cockpit.edm is much smaller in file size.

Excellent, thanks Merker! I was thinking of submitting another bug report as I was seeing the strange white/somewhat opaque canopy glare as well, hard to see anything through it. Glad you got it fixed already... just applied the hotfix and the glare is gone, so I/we appreciate your quick turnaround on that fix!

Download v1.01 HERE: https://goo.gl/DXz7XF

Download the paint kit HERE:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wjLMFu38EXqYOcEjJakuvzedhWdbWNW0/view

ATTENTION - HOTFIX FOR CANOPY GLASS BUG IS NOW AVAILABLE IN OUR DOWNLOADS FOLDER

Amazing stuff guys!

Just one point, as you add versions, the google folder is going to become a real nightmare to navigate

My suggestion would be to either,

1. have only the current version of the mod in that folder and move all others to an archive folder, or

2. only provide direct download links to the current version in your threads, rather than the folder they are stored in.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Still no power

Anybody have any insights on my trouble with the electrical power. Still no luck getting the juice flowing.

Even without power, I'm really enjoying the airplane. I spent probably two hours doing pattern work and it was great fun. I'm amazed at how nicely the aerodynamics have been worked out. It's simply a joy to fly.

We had a guy at the airport where I used to teach who had a Stearman. I knew he was ex-Navy, and we got to talking one day at the gas pumps. His favorite airplane of all time was the A-4. He had about a thousand hours in it. He said what made him love it so much was the fact that it was a jet, with a jet's power, but without a lot of sensitive folds in the flight envelope and very uncomplicated systems. It was an honest, simple airplane that rewarded a good appreciation of its aerodynamics with some very satisfying flying.

This one does the same thing. Great work, guys.

Every time I try to land on the aircraft carrier, even if I have a perfect angle of descent the plane explodes on contact ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

Sometimes there is no response from the ground crew for both the electrical power and the rearm.

Both multi and SP.

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Ensure your canopy is still open if you want to communicate with the ground crew!

Thanks, I'll try even if I'm sure I already did it

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Post Release Update #1 – Version 1.01

Hey all, it’s been a crazy 24 hours, hasn’t it! Thank you for all of your feedback, it’s already resulted in several bug fixes as you can see below. While we’re busy getting ready for the Thanksgiving, we’ve managed to get out a few additions and fixes that we hope will improve your experience. More updates will be posted in the coming weeks; however these were a few which we’ve been able to knock out quickly.

Please note, the file structure on the download has changed. To assist everyone in installation, and better support JSGME, we’ve include mods/aircraft/ to the mod folder. Take the “mods” folder and drop it directly into C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha*

*Note: The folder name after “Saved Games” does not matter, as long as it is the DCS folder. If you have multiple, place it into the folder with the name of the DCS version you use.

Please continue to send us bug reports here https://goo.gl/forms/lmpuKQCH8S8QlH0R2

Download v1.01 HERE: https://goo.gl/DXz7XF

Download the paint kit HERE:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wjLMFu38EXqYOcEjJakuvzedhWdbWNW0/view

Changelog

Additions:

- Olive Drab RNZAF Livery

- Smoke Pods added to all pylons

Fixes:

- Missing canopy reflection texture for some users

- Fixed cockpit illumination on the canopy compass which cause it to appear backwards

- 20mm Cannons becoming 7.62mm

- Brazil added to country list (Argentina and NZ aren’t in-game)

- Various texture fixes

ATTENTION - HOTFIX FOR CANOPY GLASS BUG IS NOW AVAILABLE IN OUR DOWNLOADS FOLDER

Thank you so much guys! :pilotfly:

Labeling the cockpit photo texture "Lookatthisphotograph" may have been a slight miscalculation for the sarcastic among us.

However, my photograph is now going to be the Philadelphia Flyers' mascot Gritty.

Philly Represent!

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine