Sound - splitting and isolation - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #11
dcshobbis

This is something I would really like to have as well. Since I upgraded my simpit with VoiceAttack and VAICOM, a headset is a must, and it would be great to have the comms in the headset and the other sounds in the external speakers, giving a "helmet on" effect.. I have not found any third-party scripts or modules making this possible either.

My SimPit

Simpit: i7 4770k @3,5GHz, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080, Oculus Rift, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Panels, Playseat Air Force on custom base
dcshobbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:17 PM   #12
Gadroc

This would be great. It would help for anyone using bass shaker devices as you don't want radio chatter to vibrate your seat. I believe I've seen it as a request to the development team before, but that was a long time ago.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:12 PM   #13
Hollywood_315

+1 This should be high on the new features wishlist imo. Splitting in-helmet and world sounds to different audio outputs is very useful in many (simpit) scenarios. This could come off a single audio device using Surround (i.e. 5.1) outputs.

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World:
www.vaicompro.com

Last edited by Hollywood_315; 01-10-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:05 AM   #14
TomOnSteam

We've split the atom, and ED have split the display outputs, surely one day we can even split the audio

Seriously it would be very handy to be able to separate Helmet/Chatter/External/Internal sounds into different outputs.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:15 AM   #15
Brewnix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadroc View Post
This would be great. It would help for anyone using bass shaker devices as you don't want radio chatter to vibrate your seat. I believe I've seen it as a request to the development team before, but that was a long time ago.

I am not trying to hi jack the thread but I use Andre's Simshaker software to isolate the aircraft sounds to the bass speaker output to my buttkicker. use onboard soundcard for aircraft bumps and clicks and pops and any one on teamspeak doesn't vibrate the kicker anymore cause the go to my headset. He has done a good job and well worth it, I donated to his site to help with development.

But my point is sounds like its a software like that to stream certain audio streams to a output device of your choice. we just need a programmer.

Last edited by Brewnix; 01-11-2016 at 05:21 AM.
Brewnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #16
TomOnSteam

Does the buttkicker still go off when the ATC or the wingmen talk to you?
Old 01-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #17
Ragtop

I believe apps like simshaker take their data directly from the physics engine don't they? Vibrations/buffeting etc are exported and converted into sound data, then sent to the determined output.

That's how most of those kind of applications work (Simvibe etc) - So I can only assume this one is the same.

The problem with audio splitting is that it's done at an engine level. No way that I'm aware of for third parties to mod that feature in. I may be wrong of course, but I've seen it asked enough that it would surely have been done by now.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #18
javelina1

subscribing, (good thread). Interested in the splitting capability. thx OP.

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Virpil WarBRD
javelina1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #19
BravoYankee4

I did exactly this in FSX (standard option), using a second soundcard for radio/headset and all the other sounds through the primary soundcard.
It would be really nice to be able to do this in DCS as well.
BravoYankee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:56 PM   #20
f4l0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
I believe apps like simshaker take their data directly from the physics engine don't they? Vibrations/buffeting etc are exported and converted into sound data, then sent to the determined output.
Yes. This is basically how SimShaker works. It reads data directly from DCS.

Feel the brrrrttt:
[Official] SimShaker for Aviators Forums thread at ED forums
SimShaker blog - transfer game effects into the real world
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker
f4l0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, cockpit, helmet, sound, split