[REPORTED]NS430 won't be disabled for AV-8B

Galwran

For the Mi-8 I go into the module manager and disable the 430 so it doesn't appear, might also work for your situation.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

For the Mi-8 I go into the module manager and disable the 430 so it doesn't appear, might also work for your situation.

But that would disable it completely. I want to use the floating NS430 on several planes, but do not like it hogging all the inputs in some other planes, such as the Harrier.

• 1 month later...
I tried to de-select the AV-8B from the SPECIAL menu, but the popup still comes when I press the MFD buttons that I have assigned to the NS430.

TL;DR:

There is a typo in "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\NS430\entry.lua" that stops the "Options\Special\NS 430" enable/disable checkbox working for the AV-8B.

Detail:

Changing "AV8B" -> "AV8BNA" in entry.lua will allow enabling/disabling the "LShift+LAlt+B" key combo that brings up the 2D NS430,

i.e. change line 47

["AV8B"] = {enable_options_key_for_unit = "av8b_enabled"},

to

add_plugin_systems('NS430','*',path,
{
["[color="Red"]AV8BNA[/color]"] = {enable_options_key_for_unit = "av8b_enabled"},
})

in "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\NS430\entry.lua"

This sucks, because the buttons have an another function on the Harrier.

Perhaps it will fix your MFD key conflicts as well.

Tested in DCS 2.5.3.22176

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 month later...

[REPORTED]NS430 won't be disabled for AV-8B

Despite the checkbox in special menu has been unchecked, the window still appears.

It can be fixed by editing only one word of harrier entry name in entry.lua but I don't want to edit the file, because it will not pass the integrity check.

Please DEVs, fix this!

I was hesitating to do that fix, but I did it yesterday and it worked., thank you.

Before that I had very bizarre problems; I used the NS430 in the Su25 and bound the buttons to a TM Cougar MFD. Then, after a boot on another day I flew the Harrier... and the NS430 still "captured" the button inputs from the MFD :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi all, this is reported by me and on the list to fix.

I dont have an ETA at the moment but I will see what I can do

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Bumpity bump, they fixed the Leopard 2A5 skins typo...

Note: "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\NS430\entry.lua" was updated (IIRC in October) to include the F-16C but whoever did it, didn't take the time (or have permission ?) to fix the "AV8BNA" typo.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3639950&postcount=5

Unfortunately the bug may have been reported but it doesn't seem to have been acknowledged ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team
Note: "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\NS430\entry.lua" was updated (IIRC in October) to include the F-16C but whoever did it, didn't take the time (or have permission ?) to fix the "AV8BNA" typo.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3639950&postcount=5

Unfortunately the bug may have been reported but it doesn't seem to have been acknowledged ?

Threads merged

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 8 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

this AV8BNA Fix will be in the next update.

thank you

Thanks for updating.

Suggestion: can the ED team do some grooming of the backlog to make all these little, "quality of life" bug fixes for the more "simple" problems a priority? Maybe make every second or third sprint cycle about these types of bugs - at least some of them? Continually plucking low hanging fruit leads to an empty tree.

They aren't sexy bugs and revisiting old code sucks sometimes but it's got to be done and they really do lift the spirits of the userbase when fixed. I know in my case fixing ADF in the Yak really made my day/week/month. I may have a party when the Channel map gets above 0 degrees. :)

Besides, fixing these types of bugs will get rid of lots of continual whining on the forum. Ha!

• ED Team
Thanks for updating.

Suggestion: can the ED team do some grooming of the backlog to make all these little, "quality of life" bug fixes for the more "simple" problems a priority? Maybe make every second or third sprint cycle about these types of bugs - at least some of them? Continually plucking low hanging fruit leads to an empty tree.

They aren't sexy bugs and revisiting old code sucks sometimes but it's got to be done and they really do lift the spirits of the userbase when fixed. I know in my case fixing ADF in the Yak really made my day/week/month. I may have a party when the Channel map gets above 0 degrees. :)

Besides, fixing these types of bugs will get rid of lots of continual whining on the forum. Ha!

We have a bug tracker, and we do have priorities already, they may not align with yours or anyone else's, but we see a bigger picture and the management team have to focus dev time in certain areas sometimes. That does mean some issues get overlooked until we do have time.

I have raised concerns about the NS430 with the team, and they agree it does need more dev time to fix any outstanding issues, finding that time currently is difficult, but we will get to it.

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

We have a bug tracker, and we do have priorities already, they may not align with yours or anyone else's, but we see a bigger picture and the management team have to focus dev time in certain areas sometimes. That does mean some issues get overlooked until we do have time.

I have raised concerns about the NS430 with the team, and they agree it does need more dev time to fix any outstanding issues, finding that time currently is difficult, but we will get to it.

thank you

Maybe off-topic, but what about a Public bug tracker?