New to DCS - Pilot revive question

Dutchmiester

I'm relatively new to DCS and been working on the FA-18 module. I've been playing around with mission editor and, as usual, I crashed. It is getting frustrating creating new pilot every time. Is there a way to revive the pilot and just continue on or am I missing something. Invulnerable seems like it will take away from the experience. Thoughts or suggestions?

I'm relatively new to DCS and been working on the FA-18 module. I've been playing around with mission editor and, as usual, I crashed. It is getting frustrating creating new pilot every time. Is there a way to revive the pilot and just continue on or am I missing something. Invulnerable seems like it will take away from the experience. Thoughts or suggestions?

I don't worry about the virtual me,;) I've killed myself and been killed in multiplayer many times over.:(

I don't recommend the helpers or game mode (Invulnerable) is ok when you start to learn to battle I guess. I just like to do it the hard way and crash and burn to learn a lesson. :)

Just take you time and enjoy the journey Dutchmiester. Also, what controls are you using? Do you have a basic joystick at least? The best cheap HOTAS for "getting started" with. I would recommend the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS. Rudder pedals do help also, I got them a bit later on. Very much needed for ww2 aircraft.

There's plenty of video's out there to help you, or ask away here on the forum and many will help, no matter how silly the question. You have to start somewhere, we all did.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks for the advice and the link David, I'm using an X-56 and have logged about 80hrs with that pilot and 500 landings and was in the groove on a Night landing and the tower wasn't answering my inbounds so I was trying for a dark deck. It was a glitch with the mission editor which I'm reviewing (more likely operator error) but its frustrating having to start over with all those 0's again. :doh:

I guarantee this will not be my last call for help on the forums. :)

Dutch

The "invulnerable" option in logbook screen is just what you're looking for. When you crash the mission is over. It will count death but all the numbers scored still stay with the current pilot.

The "invulnerable" mode in options screen is for the aircraft itself during the mission so you cannot crash or take damage. (like a trainer/cheat mode)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

"Invulnerable seems like it will take away from the experience"

This makes no sense. Do you want the pilot to die or not? Make up your mind.

It doesn't make your plane invulnerable, it makes your pilot invulnerable. Otherwise, no, the pilot dies when you crash and you create a new one... that's kinda the whole point of that option. If you don't want to do that... then make the pilot invulnerable and it will simply tally deaths along with all other stats.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The "invulnerable" option in logbook screen is just what you're looking for. When you crash the mission is over. It will count death but all the numbers scored still stay with the current pilot.

The "invulnerable" mode in options screen is for the aircraft itself during the mission so you cannot crash or take damage. (like a trainer/cheat mode)

Awesome, thank you for clarifying. I was getting that confused with aircraft invulnerability.

"Invulnerable seems like it will take away from the experience"

This makes no sense. Do you want the pilot to die or not? Make up your mind.

It doesn't make your plane invulnerable, it makes your pilot invulnerable. Otherwise, no, the pilot dies when you crash and you create a new one... that's kinda the whole point of that option. If you don't want to do that... then make the pilot invulnerable and it will simply tally deaths along with all other stats.

Thanks for clarifying.