Trees visibility broken in NTTR?

I'm using the same settings for every map (well obviously) and while the others (Persian Gulf, Caucasus, Normandy) are just fine, NTTR suffers from trees popping up / rapidly growing in front my nose something horrible. It wasn't like this when it was first released, so a recent(ish) openbeta patch must've broken it somehow; but am I the only one seeing this since no-one else is complaining?

So how is it with you folks - everything OK at your end?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of trees in the built up areas though, but they all just disappear a couple of kms out. The PG map, OTOH, doesn't have this fault, so there has got to be something wrong with this here.

Will NTTR get any more updates?

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

yes you are right , trees look horrible indeed. they keep pop up

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I’m having the same problem - it’s getting to point that it’s unusable. I un/re-installed and deleted the fxo / metashaders2 data. Also, when I “Quit”, via the ESC menu, it just locks-up and I have to go to the Task Manager and kill the process, as it’s not responding.

The other maps (Caucus/PG) don’t have this issue, only NTTR. The stuttering is extreme in comparison. But, if I let the mission just sit for about 10 mins and do nothing the Quit option works about 80% of the time.

I’ve played with the Pre-Load Radius option and it seems to be ineffective. I wonder if the SpeedTree technology is the contributing factor (or lack thereof)?

Edit: I’m only running the OpenBeta latest version - 2.5.2.19682 (I’ve had this issue for the last several patches). I also updated to the latest NVidia drivers too.

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

• 1 month later...

This is still broken it seems. Any chance of this getting fixed ever? Because as stated above, the map is largely unusable as it is now because the trees popping up looks so stupid and unnatural. And may I also corteously remind you that this is a DLC map we've paid good money for, so I do indeed think we're entitled to a fix...

has it done something about it yet? i haven't been playing it because of this problem and don't feel like playing it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

• 1 month later...

trees and other objects visibility makes this map unplayable.

first of all, tree visibility option does not have any effect on this map, no difference between minimum and maximum trees.

yesterday i was fliying on an mp server. i tried to fly over 10k feet to avoid manpads' but with this alt, i couldn't see the target objects so i had to descend and i got hit.

while celebrating 3rd year of this map, please fix this annoying problem..

Youtube