Hello

Any possibility of adapting these campaigns to the AV8B?

I tried to edit the missions with the game editor using the desert tiger campaign, but it seems to do that, break the AI, it does not obey the commands and do not attack the targets on the ground. Quite strange.

Hello

Any possibility of adapting these campaigns to the AV8B?

I tried to edit the missions with the game editor using the desert tiger campaign, but it seems to do that, break the AI, it does not obey the commands and do not attack the targets on the ground. Quite strange.

I wanted to make an AV8B DCE campaign but there a bug with AI AV8B : they can't take off from runway if there are too loaded because they try vertical take off !!!

One solution would be to take really small amount of fuel and to refuel inflight but it's too complicated I think :(

I'm waiting for ED update to fix this bug...

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

I wanted to make an AV8B DCE campaign but there a bug with AI AV8B : they can't take off from runway if there are too loaded because they try vertical take off !!!

One solution would be to take really small amount of fuel and to refuel inflight but it's too complicated I think :(

I'm waiting for ED update to fix this bug...

Yes this bug exists if you start the mission on the ramp. Putting straight into the taxi, the AI ​​takes off in the usual way.

Is it new ? Because my last tests showed me that taking off from runway was good for my wingman but not for n° 3 and 4 ?

DCE only option is to begin the mission with or without the engine on but always from the ramp, not the runway, sorry.

I have not tried using 3-4 aircraft, just the wingman. :music_whistling:

Of course always editing the missions with the game editor, not using scripts

When tasked with a base strike, how does one damage the base? See the attached image, this is what the AI is tasked to destroy. I blew up ALL of those buildings, and the base took no damage at all!

Any help appreciated!

40054336_249749725677269_3423440477985177600_n.jpg.76c5ed1518a3c314f5b6670a6f4a384e.jpg

That is what seems to happen some times with map objects. Normally the AI will not attack them and if a player destroys them they show up again on the next mission.

Some objects can be destroyed and the AI will go after them, others can't. This has been going on since slightly after the release of the Hornet.

You will need to go into the campaign status and mark them destroyed or it will be like groundhog day, over and over...

I failed to search similar question regarding MBot's DCE. Sorry if this question already has asked and answered.

Is there "an end" of a DCE campaign or "finishing", "completion"? Just like if we do all 10 missions of a scripted / static campaign?

Or is DCE campaigns are ever going endless war?

I failed to search similar question regarding MBot's DCE. Sorry if this question already has asked and answered.

Is there "an end" of a DCE campaign or "finishing", "completion"? Just like if we do all 10 missions of a scripted / static campaign?

Or is DCE campaigns are ever going endless war?

You can choose the way a DCE campaign finish :

The more obvious way to finish the campaign is to destroy all or nearly all the enemy targets : it can need a lot of missions !!!

Another way can be to destroy enemy air force : no more bases left or no more planes ...

You can loose the campaign if your squadron has no more planes left too !

Sometimes the campaign designer can decide to allow a maximum number of missions : if the targets are not destroyed after X missions it's a draw (or a loose)

To be sure of the campaign end conditions you can open the "camp_triggers_init.lua" file in the "init" folder and look at the CAMPAIGN END section. Before the campaign start you can edit the conditions :

Change destroyed target percent number, enemy aircrafts left number, max number of missions to be flown before draw (or loss)

If you are good enough with lua you can find other conditions too :thumbup:

Like you want

I have not tried using 3-4 aircraft, just the wingman. :music_whistling:

Of course always editing the missions with the game editor, not using scripts

I have made a AV8BNA over Caucasus campaign for my own pleasure but it's quite limited :

-I was unable to use TARAWA as a base because AI airplanes were not able to start engines and take off after me even after asking for engine start to ATC : really frustrating :doh:

-I made light loadouts for AI with 40% fuel and loads like 4 Mk82 or 2 MK83, same with GBU and 4 Mavericks and just after take off I ask AI to join tankers and wait for them (I ask ground crew to have max fuel for me).

-To avoid independant AI groups (not able to refuel) I have only 6 AV8BNA available at the same time in the squadron (but a lot in reserve)

If someone is interested with this campaign I can make it available but it's not really a normal DCE campaign :music_whistling:

You can choose the way a DCE campaign finish :

The more obvious way to finish the campaign is to destroy all or nearly all the enemy targets : it can need a lot of missions !!!

Another way can be to destroy enemy air force : no more bases left or no more planes ...

You can loose the campaign if your squadron has no more planes left too !

Sometimes the campaign designer can decide to allow a maximum number of missions : if the targets are not destroyed after X missions it's a draw (or a loose)

To be sure of the campaign end conditions you can open the "camp_triggers_init.lua" file in the "init" folder and look at the CAMPAIGN END section. Before the campaign start you can edit the conditions :

Change destroyed target percent number, enemy aircrafts left number, max number of missions to be flown before draw (or loss)

If you are good enough with lua you can find other conditions too :thumbup:

Like you want

Thank you for the detailed info!! for now mine is set to

'GroundTarget["blue"].percent < 14'

which is clear and easy to understand!

Maybe tracking progress toward campaign winning condition can help motivate the players throughout the missions, Just for now i am very happy that i know what i have to do to win the campaign.

I have made a AV8BNA over Caucasus campaign for my own pleasure but it's quite limited :

-I was unable to use TARAWA as a base because AI airplanes were not able to start engines and take off after me even after asking for engine start to ATC : really frustrating :doh:

-I made light loadouts for AI with 40% fuel and loads like 4 Mk82 or 2 MK83, same with GBU and 4 Mavericks and just after take off I ask AI to join tankers and wait for them (I ask ground crew to have max fuel for me).

-To avoid independant AI groups (not able to refuel) I have only 6 AV8BNA available at the same time in the squadron (but a lot in reserve)

If someone is interested with this campaign I can make it available but it's not really a normal DCE campaign :music_whistling:

I would love an AV8B DCE campaign, or anything similar !

I discovered a way to take off from LHA Tarawa but it's not the best one : I edit the mission I will fly and change "rampstart" to "From the runway" ! I have to put the good Park order because by default it's 1, wingman 3, wingman 4 and wingman 2 at the end so 2 3 and 4 never take off.

The really good news is that AI AV-8B are not limited by the weight to take off so I can put 100% fuel and a decent loadout 6 x Mk 82 for example :)

I would really prefer to do a cold start (with new INS alignement) but I really like to take off and land on Tarawa and not limiting the AI fuel and weapon load. I hope cold start will be possible soon !

I discovered a way to take off from LHA Tarawa but it's not the best one : I edit the mission I will fly and change "rampstart" to "From the runway" ! I have to put the good Park order because by default it's 1, wingman 3, wingman 4 and wingman 2 at the end so 2 3 and 4 never take off.

The really good news is that AI AV-8B are not limited by the weight to take off so I can put 100% fuel and a decent loadout 6 x Mk 82 for example :)

I would really prefer to do a cold start (with new INS alignement) but I really like to take off and land on Tarawa and not limiting the AI fuel and weapon load. I hope cold start will be possible soon !

Great ! Hopefully sooner or later there will be a DCE campaign also for the Harrier

• 2 weeks later...

3 campaigns I'm working on for my fun but I can share if someone is interested with :

- AV-8B N/A over PG : taking off from Tarawa but it needs mission edition and hot start :( (waiting for an update to be able to start cold on the deck)

- Su-33 over PG : Russian navy (CV Kuznetsov) tries to help Iran against all its enemies (not completly tested yet)

- Viggen over PG : a what if with a Sweden squadron helping US against Iran with Antiship and Coastal strikes using exotic weapons... (heavy missions preparation needed :thumbup:)