Failures?

moggel

Not sure this is related to the plane or the DCS Mission Editor in general so I start here. Please divert me to a different forum if I'm wrong.

As I understand the Failures panel in the ME I tick a failure I want to practice (in this example the L ENGINE), set the minimum time before it happens (e.g. 4 minutes) and a time frame for how long after this the failure will happen (e.g. 1 minute - I wanted to practice engine failure while climbing out). I then set a probability (e.g. 100%). With this I'd imagine I'm guaranteed a L ENGINE failure sometime between 4 and 5 minutes.

I have tried this several times now with no failure whatsoever. Have I misunderstood how failures work?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

I have tried this several times now with no failure whatsoever. Have I misunderstood how failures work?

Please check both your Main Menu options menu, as well as the Mission settings, these two tend to conflict.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

I checked the settings and main "Immortal" setting is OFF. Mission option "Random system failures" 'ENFORCE' value is OFF while the 'VALUE' is dimmed ON. Unless I misinterpret these values they mean that the "Immortal" settings should not prevent my pre-programmed failure and neither would the mission setting. Is that correct?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Hey! The failures are not working, it is acknowledged by ED if I am not mistaken and on the "to fix" list.

Well that explains it then. No point spending more time on that feature just yet.

Cheers