C-101 update

Vibora

Hi Rudel,

I understand your concern, but take into account they are different areas, for example the artist working on the model is not the person working on the EFM, and the person working in the EFM is not the same person working on the systems...

We are the first ones wanting to complete the module and put it out, so we don't take any decision if means a delay. But at the same time, we have very clear the level of quality we want on the module, and the 3D model as you said is fine, but we think it was necessary a new module with more quality and more accurate. Maybe it doesn't make any sense to do this move, but we will see...;)

Then you will enjoy the updated screen shots i will take to :thumbup:

Not a big priority right now (as we have already the 3D model completed and released), but we will update the 3D model of C-101EB/CC, starting from the scratch. The reason? is simple, with all the time we have invested on this project, we want to care about each single detail. So we feel that we can provide a more detailed 3D model and updated to the new standards. In the same way we are revising and rewriting most of the systems in order to provide the module we once dreamed.
I'm not very observant so what are some of the things that you are correcting on the exterior model?

I'm not very observant so what are some of the things that you are correcting on the exterior model?

Much more accurate measurements according to real size of the aircraft, this affects general dimensions, body sections, specific components of the airframe, mechanisms, antennas, etc. Smoothness of the model, as well as other corrections. All this based of course on real data, like manuals, our own detailed pictures etc.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Much more accurate measurements according to real size of the aircraft, this affects general dimensions, body sections, specific components of the airframe, mechanisms, antennas, etc. Smoothness of the model, as well as other corrections. All this based of course on real data, like manuals, our own detailed pictures etc.

Razbam are going through the same with the harrier on dimensions and stuff, Is re doing this along long process or pretty easy as you have a model to work with? Im just getting all technical :)

Hi Rudel,

I understand your concern, but take into account they are different areas, for example the artist working on the model is not the person working on the EFM, and the person working in the EFM is not the same person working on the systems...

We are the first ones wanting to complete the module and put it out, so we don't take any decision if means a delay. But at the same time, we have very clear the level of quality we want on the module, and the 3D model as you said is fine, but we think it was necessary a new module with more quality and more accurate. Maybe it doesn't make any sense to do this move, but we will see...;)

Quality always makes sense, specially in the long run. Personally i think its a good decision on your part. Your work is appreciated, i like the qulity and detail of your module and this will just be your presentation card for future modules. Keep up the work:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Razbam are going through the same with the harrier on dimensions and stuff, Is re doing this along long process or pretty easy as you have a model to work with? Im just getting all technical :)

We have all or most of the real data required available so it won't be a problem. You'll probably have more news soon in the form of screenshots regarding 3D model and textures.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just seen the patchnotes posted by Chizh, nice to see some solid progress being made :)
Yup. A lot of good stuff to check out there. Looks like a couple of my little pet peeves have been fixed ...

- Airspeed pointers animated smoothly now. I.e. no more jumps from zero to the minimum displayed airspeed.

- Altimeter and clock knobs animation adjusted.

Also, I noticed a couple of nice things not mentioned in the change logs. Lighting knobs, volume knobs, etc. can no longer be set past their max and min positions.:thumbup: And taxi/landing lights now have keybinds!:thumbup:

I could be wrong tho.

Edit: From manual: There is an emergency switch located on each emergency panel to be used in case of

failure of the control stick trim switch. The switches are labeled DOWN, OFF and UP. To

operate the switch, a guard must be rotated 90°. When the switch is guarded, elevator

trim is operated from the control stick switch. When either the front or rear cockpit

guards are rotated, the control stick switches are inoperative, as well as the airbrake. In

addition to the COMPENS (TRIMS) circuit breaker, the emergency trim is protected by a

thermal circuit breaker on the emergency panel. An adjacent press-to-test light

illuminates when the horizontal stabilizer actuator is energized by the emergency trim

switch.

An acoustic warning can be heard in the headsets while trimming. When pulling the

TONO TRIM (TRIM TONE) circuit breaker, this acoustic warning will be silenced and

guards will not cut out airbrake and trim

Edited by Coxy_99

what does this mean?

- Ability to transmit/receive T-tone.

I'm not sure but the UHF Radio AN/ARC-164(V) has a 'T-tone' switch that's used to sync the 'TOD' clock between radios and transmit/receive MWOD (randomised seeds), so 'pseudo random' frequency changes are synchronised in the 'A' Active Mode between radios.

It would be 'above and beyond' to include the active mode frequency hopping of the real radio but modelling the T-Tone switch does show great attention to detail and who knows where AvioDev will stop. Automatic SimpleRadio frequency hopping would be sweet.

The C101 just gets better and looks like a day one buy when it eventually reaches steam.

https://www.scribd.com/document/51488058/arc-164-manual

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Again, great job :thumbup: One thing that is really cool about the C-101 is the level of small details... great for immersion.

From the pocket flashlight, to the lenghty auto-start sequence. One thing I really like is the presence of a generator cart on startup, and It would be really cool to have a refueling truck and ammo cart with custom sounds too (when refuel and rearm) :music_whistling:

One thing I really like is the presence of a generator cart on startup
Yup, they just have to sort out the exterior sound issue and the ground crew bug where they won't disconnect it through the intercom menu. While we're on the wish list topic, it would be neat to be able to ask the wheel chocks be removed like on the F-5E. A tiny detail but adds to the immersion.

Regarding T-tone:

It's used to test the audio signal (1020 Hz) and for DF (Direction Finding). For example, you can mark your bearing for an F-5 using its UHF DF. You can make that test online, one player in a C101 sets the UHF carrier frequency, let's say 260 MHz (Batumi), intercom mode selector in UHF, UHF in Both position and press the T-tone. Another player in the F-5, tune same carrier frequency, NAV MODE Selector in DF, Radio Function Selector in ADF position, he will hear the T-tone, and the HSI pointer will indicate bearing to the C101.

Have Quick feature (jam-resistant radio system) is not implemented in DCS, as you know.

Regarding ground crew not disconnecting after engine is started, this is solved, but only implemented on ED's internal trunk version, not in branch, so will have to wait until a new version is created from trunk, probably when 2.1.0 or whatever version corresponds is released.

Regarding new features, we always look for excellence, right now we are concentrated on correcting current issues, plus CC and AFM, which doesn't mean we won't implement new items, but that would happen, in any case, most likely after completing our main issues.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regarding T-tone:

It's used to test the audio signal (1020 Hz) and for DF (Direction Finding). For example, you can mark your bearing for an F-5 using its UHF DF. You can make that test online, one player in a C101 sets the UHF carrier frequency, let's say 260 MHz (Batumi), intercom mode selector in UHF, UHF in Both position and press the T-tone. Another player in the F-5, tune same carrier frequency, NAV MODE Selector in DF, Radio Function Selector in ADF position, he will hear the T-tone, and the HSI pointer will indicate bearing to the C101.

Sounds great. Does this mean that when used with TACAN A/A T/R mode, an F-5 *might* get distance (TACAN) and bearing (UHF T-tone) information from a C101 ?

Have Quick feature (jam-resistant radio system) is not implemented in DCS, as you know.

No problem, I wasn't aware the T-tone was used for ADF, glad you cleared up my mistake.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Sounds great. Does this mean that when used with TACAN A/A T/R mode, an F-5 *might* get distance (TACAN) and bearing (UHF T-tone) information from a C101 ?

Once we implement it, yes. DF is implemented already as I described. A/A TACAN will be ready shortly, hopefully.

No problem, I wasn't aware the T-tone was used for ADF, glad you cleared up my mistake.

In fact I don't see it as a mistake on your side, you simply couldn't know what we had implemented in the C-101 exactly. It's just a DF.

BTW, just want to clarify that it's better to test this DF away from any possible emitter, and in a free frequency. For example, away from any airport and selecting a carrier frequency not used by any ATC station, aircraft, ship, etc. to avoid possible interferences.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Changelog

DCS World 2.0.3.57442 Update 3

C-101

General changes:

• Reworked cockpit structure.
  • Radios (VHF, UHF, intercom) implementation. Front and rear cockpit.
  • New cockpit (knobs, oxygen system, tap on glass...) realistic sounds. Front and rear cockpit.
  • Tweaked AI takeoff performance.
  • Modified mirror vision.
  • All front cockpit devices can be now assigned to keyboard and joystick commands. WIP for rear cockpit.
  • Fixed clock set functionality - no more chronometer reset occurs.
  • Altimeters now change their indication without a noticeable lag, when a new baro pressure is set.
  • Altimeters read negative values.
  • FIRE TEST function was fixed.
  • DC power check was added to the gear handle logic (gear is controlled by solenoid), and to the gear downlock override button (the handle downlock can't be overridden without electric power).
  • Gear downlock override button got a safety wire, which can be overridden by 2-seconds press and hold.
  • Rebuilt 3D model and textures of magnetic compass.
  • Ability to transmit/receive T-tone.
  • Separate used fuel calculation for front and rear cockpits.
  • Fixed clock rewind/set lever.
  • Altimeter and clock knobs animation adjusted.
  • Changed engine smoke level (thickness).
  • Altimeter baro set knob is mechanically linked to the pointer/counter system. The baro set knob stops if indication reaches its min/max possible displayed values (from -1000 to 59980 ft). The baro set knob operation is independent in each cockpit.
  • CODE OFF altimeter flag is animated smoothly now.
  • Airspeed pointers animated smoothly now. I.e. no more jumps from zero to the minimum displayed airspeed.
  • Mach scale is properly animated. Its end (.9) is visible in the window when aircraft is on ground.
  • Working R/T flag on ADI in both cockpits.
  • R/T and backup ADI OFF flags were animated smoothly.
  • Fixed Slip animation.
  • Airspeed pointers and counters will be initialized correctly at hot start.
  • Some liveries and textures corrected.
  • Fixed excessive accelerometer oscillations at takeoff.
  • Fixed backup attitude indicator when its power was set off.
  • Fixed EN and ES training missions for new EB cockpit.
  • Updated quickstart and single missions according to multilingual system. Added CN. Training missions remain with old system, in a separate locale folder.
  • Fuel reset knob animation was inverted.
  • DRM button added to Module Manager

Rear cockpit functionality added:

• Gear downlock override button.
  • Gear warning mute button.
  • Flap switch. Plus animation was made smooth in both cockpits.
  • Oxygen system main supply lever.
  • Oxygen system pressure warning switch (specific for the rear cockpit).
  • 'Antiskid' korry button.
  • 'Fail/Caution/Fire' korry buttons.
  • Cockpit Illumination system.
  • Rear cockpit integration of N1, N2, EGT, oil temperature, oil pressure + rear cockpit circuit breakers and indicators' brightness control. Smooth animation applied to them.
  • Fuel flow, voltmeter and hydraulics pressure complete.
  • Used fuel reset and fuel flow test buttons.
  • Implemented VSI and g meter.
  • Rear cockpit clock.
  • Working backup ADI and turn/slip indicator (including the circuit breaker).
  • Working antiskid Korry button.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]