F-15C cockpit shake at medium / high AoA

TAW_Blaze

There was already a thread in some random section but it got lost in the past months..

I'm curious whether the amount of cockpit shakiness we have is realistic or not. To me it feels very overdone but I'm no expert. It's particularly annoying when fighting guns, it makes aiming far more difficult. Can anyone comment?

I also don't recall having similar features in any other aircraft, although I don't fly them often. Is it a testbed for now?

Edited by <Blaze>

I remember having read, or heard (podcast), that the F-15 and F-16 shake a lot, while the F-18 doesnt.

I think it was in this podcast: http://omegataupodcast.net/224-flying-the-f-15-eagle/

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I watched all the YouTube F-15C cockpit footage I could find. Looks like there's a modest degree of shaking during high-G AOA conditions but it's hard to differentiate camera shake from cockpit shake so... not sure.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I also saw some videos and the camera seemed to shake quite a bit but like you said it's tough to tell how much that translates to the pilot. Currently ingame you're almost better off aiming without LCOS in snapshot scenarios.

Can anyone comment from the test/dev perspective? GG or chizh maybe?

The shaking is excessive in-game. The parameter to adjust it is exposed, but altering it breaks the module's integrity so you can't even try to play with it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 1 month later...
Thanks. Are there any plans to "fix" it?

I also vote to Fix it. Dog fighting against MiG 29 make things even more complicated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

The inter stinger thing being that in VR, only cockpit shakes, but in desktop mode, also the whole sky shakes.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...

No, either get VR or create a bug report about this in bug report forum section...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...
There was already a thread in some random section but it got lost in the past months..

I'm curious whether the amount of cockpit shakiness we have is realistic or not. To me it feels very overdone but I'm no expert. It's particularly annoying when fighting guns, it makes aiming far more difficult. Can anyone comment?

I also don't recall having similar features in any other aircraft, although I don't fly them often. Is it a testbed for now?

I have a little trick you can try if you want to change shake parameters..

1. Copy the "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-15C\FM\F15" folder where the F15 config.lua is and paste in another location.

noshake1.thumb.JPG.94b0b224784a58e07336e02da3f1876c.JPG

2. Open the new config.lua with notepad++, edit the contents, and save it.

Luaedit.thumb.JPG.89860e720f60933fd677dfaa424f92ec.JPG

3. Using OVGME, set up a quick swap mod for the two F-15 folders.

noshake2.thumb.JPG.de9fb9b0bee86f0fc85dc3c89f4b3c97.JPG

4. Dont enable the mod yet.

5. Start DCS and load a mission with the F15.. Fly it and then exit the mission..

6.once back on any menu screen, open OVGME and enable the swap of the two folders.. The F15 will now fly with your modded config.lua until you exit the game or change it back.

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Wtf is "OVGME" ?

• 2 weeks later...