Vietnam War - POLL - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: With the aircrafts we have, should devs focus on creating a Vietnam environment ?
Yes, it would create a new dimension to the DCS World simulator 717 85.26%
No, I prefer 3rds to still work on aircrafts, and to fly in the same old Caucasus 124 14.74%
Voters: 841. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Hueyman

Default Vietnam War - POLL

Yes dudes, a Vietnam hardcore flight sim is one of my strongest wish for so many years ... before, it was having a Huey, then this dream came true thanks to Belsimtek geniuses !

And now, if we could have a gigantic and detailed Vietnam map AND environments, ground units, ambiance, weather etc etc... that would be such a blast

Sadly, when I see how long a desert map takes to see the light, I'm afraid Vietnam would never ever be released.

I do not know the max possible scale of a map in the EDGE engine, but a " fictional map ", taking main locations such Khe Sahn, Da Nang, Chu Lai, Haiphong, Plei Ku, Nha Trang, Huê, Hanoï etc etc ... would be very realistic, even in the small size of the current Caucasus gulf

It would need to alternate between typical Vietnamese urban locations with the citadels, monuments etc, and rice paddies, dense jungle, plateau, mountainous regions, valleys etc. As well as a couple of airfields of course and the nearby see for naval ops.

We have the Huey, the Mi-8 ( which was used a bit by Charlie ), soon the Mig 21... if only we could have another chopper ( OH-6 or Cobra or UH-34 ), and one or two planes ( F4 Phantom of course and let's say a Skyraider to be versatile ), simulated at a DCS level, with a dedicated team working hard on the map, art assets, ground units, infantry etc of both sides, it would be truly ground breaking.

If EDGE is as flexible as it claims to be, I can't wait the SDK is released for us, the community, can start putting hands into grease ...

When I see that, I just do not want to return in our 10 years old Caucasus ...

As you can see, Vietnam has its own philosophy, mainly built on humid and hazy atmosphere, when it's not hot and sunny
We should organize, make it the professional way, ask good persons and eventually put ourselves into the gears, to make such project born.

What do you think guys ?

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)/EC120B/AS355N/Bell 206/AS350B2
Hueyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
xxJohnxx

I rather prefer them to stick to helicopters than starting to develop sceneries.
You have to understand that just because you can make a helicotper you can make a new map.
I would love Belsimtek to continue on helicopters, and someone else do the terrain.

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled
xxJohnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
VanjaB+
Posting Rights Revoked

Sorry man, but this thread/poll is rather pointless. I didnt vote.

Yes everyone would love a Vietnam map. No there is no way we can make a third party developer stop doing what they are doing and focus on that.
VanjaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Hueyman

We can at least express what we LIKE, and it is up to them to do what they WANT then.

I posted this in the BST forum, but did not meant them to do the job, I also want they stick to helicopters ( but it sounds their next module is the F-86 ? ) but it was more addressed to general devs, who some of us are, to seriously ( or nor if you voted no ) think about this area

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)/EC120B/AS355N/Bell 206/AS350B2
Hueyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Belsimtek has plans to build a AH-1G, but a OH-6 and UH-34 will be welcome on a Vietnam scenery. I add more planes the request, RAZBAM have plans to build a A-7 Corsair II, F-4 will be the start, and A-1 to sandy, but need a HH-43B Huskie, HH-3 Jolly Green Giant or HH-53 Super Jolly Green Giant to add accurate mission aircraft.

Other subsequence aircraft can be A-4, F-8, Mig-17 and Mig-19

Other Hardware will be boost the AAA / SAM legacy weapons: Belcz make a S-60, ZSU-57-2 and ZPU-1/2/4, M1939 (61-K) and others AAA systems.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Highwayman-Ed

Send a message via AIM to Highwayman-Ed

I also think the devs should stick to what they're good at, but I sincerely hope that the likes of FTX are seeing an opportunity to create terrain for DCS...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro
32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Extreme
40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K
Pimax 5K XR / Oculus Rift CV1
Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker
Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

Highwayman-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
Flying Penguin

You forgot the third option, "Someone should start making more maps, don't care where, as long as they are good...."
Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
howie87

I say get the aircraft done first, then work on new maps.

The simple fact is we don't have enough of either at the moment.

Nevada will work as a great training ground while we wait for new jets though. Then I'm sure new maps will start to come out as well.

I think a low res, global map with smaller areas of high detail that could be added to in future would be the best option, if EDGE can do that.

We need an F-4 Phantom, A-4 skyhawk or some of the century series aircraft before I'd be interested in a Vietnam map.

The Hun and the Thud would be awesome to fly against MiG 21's.

Last edited by howie87; 11-19-2013 at 12:00 PM.
howie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
BIGNEWY

More than anything I would like a Vietnam map

Think its just a matter of waiting for DCS to settle down and third parties to find their feet and we will see an explosion of creativity

I have a dream . . . .
Forum rules - Crash advice - Cleanup and repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
Haukka81+
Posting Rights Suspended

+1 for this

Vietnam was balanced war, only war that Usa lost. So it would be nice to play even from red side

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote